Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Michael of Kent and the Princess of Kent aka Pushie  (Read 53597 times)
Eugenie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »

She's sort of the only European member of the BRF  Laughing

Brilliant line - Star . The Bogan time machine is a hoot, BTW. Banana  Champagne
Eugenie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »

What was Princess Pushy's title before marriage...was she a countess?

Tatty has answered your question. Let me add that Pushy's mother was a Countess. Now

Pushy -> Baroness
Mother -> Countess
Grandmother -> Princess

Crazy  Odd bunch, to copy/paste a dear friend.
Blackadder
Banned
Baby Member

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 10:11:02 PM »

Did you do a "Dr. Googleberg", dear Eugenie? 

What can we say about the Kents? She worked hard to get this "position": getting blond and dieting, dieting, dieting.  She's naturally fat and a good eater, that's where her old nickname Schnitzel comes from. The infamous calves are still there. I do have my personal reasons to mock her a bit, but regarding one story I would almost like to defend her. I'm pretty sure the "back to the colonies" comment was a made up story and I do have my reasons for believing this. All I say is: vendetta. Among the staff of the newspapers she certainly has NO friends.   Sweating There is not so much to say about Mike. He likes being bossed around, but there is a bit gossiping about him being quite the sexual type in private.   Whistle

This is quite interesting. I believe she did not notice that she was filmed all the time, though, as you can see, her eyes are everywhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8UeR5nfppQ

And that's what Schnitzel is doing nowadays  Laugh bounce : http://www.youtube.com/wa...ature=channel_video_title

I felt bad for that Turkish travel channel.

Thanks for starting this topic, MissWaynefleet. 

words make reality.
Nice_Hat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »

She was and still is very beautiful. I am jealous.

Eugenie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »

Dr. Googleberg is still around. Cool

Black, your Pushy summer avi's got to be the icing on all cakes!

"I felt bad for that Turkish travel channel." -> Had to laugh out mega-loud at that. Laughing

Always a pleasure to see you dish on Ma'am Darling. Perhaps you could also tell us about your brief meeting in Vienna at the funeral. Come on, I know you also saw Gloria... Beer

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 07:35:56 PM »

I've always liked Princess Michael.  What you see is what you get with her.  And she is one classy, naturally beautiful lady.  Quite rare in the BRF. 

LadyA-List

Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »

Hello Magazine  Volume 673 July 31 2001 "Diana's favourite Bridesmaid reveals the untold dramas behind the Wedding of the Century" at http://everythingroyal.com/sarahjanegaselee.html

"Afterwards, chatting with some of the other girls, I noticed Princess Michael of Kent, who walked over to look at our dresses. Suddenly, I heard a very huffy voice, "I'm a princess too, you know. I stood up shaking, dropped a wobbly curtsy, thinking, "Oh my God! I've been rude. 'But she walked off without another word."

Seems to fit in with the "Princess Pushy" persona.  Interesting that she was a divorced Catholic which seems to be two big no-no's with the BRF.  According to Wikipedia "Prince Michael of Kent (at the time, 15th in the line of succession) lost his succession right upon his marriage to Marie Christine".

"She has no money, no connections, nothing that can tempt him" - Jane Austen "Pride and Prejudice"
Ursiana

Baby Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »

"Afterwards, chatting with some of the other girls, I noticed Princess Michael of Kent, who walked over to look at our dresses. Suddenly, I heard a very huffy voice, "I'm a princess too, you know. I stood up shaking, dropped a wobbly curtsy, thinking, "Oh my God! I've been rude. 'But she walked off without another word."

Wow...PMOK has really a small penis... sorry, that I'm so rude...
TatianaR

Mini Member

Hungary Hungary

I'm a Crown Prince, get me out of here

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »

Tatty has answered your question. Let me add that Pushy's mother was a Countess. Now

Pushy -> Baroness
Mother -> Countess
Grandmother -> Princess

Crazy  Odd bunch, to copy/paste a dear friend.

Yeah, her mother's family also has Hungarian roots. A few years ago she visited my country and she was actually nice. I guess Pushy is a frank person, in bad and in good.

PS. why are you warned, Euge? I thought someone received a "F. O." as a reply from another user a few weeks ago which didn't lead to a warning.  Huh?
Anne83

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »

Pushy -> Baroness
Mother -> Countess
Grandmother -> Princess

Crazy  Odd bunch, to copy/paste a dear friend.

Yeah, her mother's family also has Hungarian roots. A few years ago she visited my country and she was actually nice. I guess Pushy is a frank person, in bad and in good.

PS. why are you warned, Euge? I thought someone received a "F. O." as a reply from another user a few weeks ago which didn't lead to a warning.  Huh?

I don't mind ol' Pushy She's a funny gal Icecream

Tat, I remember that F.O. comment It was unfair and made the poster who received it leave RD
I feel bad for Eugenie, guys cause she never used bad language like the f-word Kinda makes me think Maria or Thomas didn't act fair enough in this case I just wanna be frank, I hate double standards
Blackadder
Banned
Baby Member

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 10:04:56 PM »

@Eugenie: Always at your disposal!  I saw Gloria in Bavaria. The two of them together might have been too much -- even for an old witch like me.  Tongue For further details I would like to suggest a PM. You never know who watches those boards.  Whistle I'm sorry to hear about your warning, by the way. I hope you won't get banned.  Hug This is such a great board. . .

I've always liked Princess Michael.  What you see is what you get with her.  And she is one classy, naturally beautiful lady.  Quite rare in the BRF. 

Oh, she is actually likable. She's also respectable as she has never been a lazy hanger-on as it is the case with many modern royal women ( Roll Eyes). No, whatever one can say about old Schnitzel: she was an independent self-made woman when she married Mick. It might also be interesting that she is never grand with "normal people", but very much with her own class. In fact she has a lot of friends from all categories, artists for example, but only a few in the "royal world" in my opinion. She's also a perfectionist, so it should not always be fun to work with her. Everything she does must be perfect and she expects that from others as well. And if not. . .  Nerves It almost seems that I'm in a too positive mood today, but one thing to add here: she's indeed genuine. If she's nice, she means it. She's always been popular among children. Regarding this, she's the very opposite of bloody Mary Donaldson.

@LadyA-List: I had never heard this story, but it seems true. Poor Ma'am takes offence so quickly.  Cute

words make reality.
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 10:12:58 PM »

I've never been fussy about Pcss Mike, except for one thing: she loves cats, as do I. I hope she's trained that gorgeous Siamese of hers to eat corgis for breakfast.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 05:15:28 AM »

I've never been fussy about Pcss Mike, except for one thing: she loves cats, as do I. I hope she's trained that gorgeous Siamese of hers to eat corgis for breakfast.

I have met her brother several times. He is downright ornery suburban, unpretentious, a bit of a drinker, and does a lot of charity work on little income, and the British royals invite him to join them for a sherbert or to go to a race or occasion when they're on visits to Australia. He has one daughter from a marriage and one from an affair. Princess Michael's mother was an outrageous snob but I think being brought up relatively poor in Sydney's eastern suburbs (they lived in a small semi) knocked any snobbery out of Marie-Christine. Without her height and looks she would have gone nowhere. She needed those to trade on. Her brother has been happy to follow a real career - largely as a government economist.  He used to be a bit of a leftie, so I think there was a rift ages ago over that, Marie-Christine being very right-wing.
prinzheinelgirl

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »

Well, I like her much better than Kate -- and that's saying a lot; if she can be nasty at times, at least she's real...

I don't like her book Crowned in a Far Country much though. I have a copy but I expected more - -- considering her connections/heritage. It was a bit of a fluff although I like the personal details she slipped in it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:01:41 AM by prinzheinelgirl » Logged
Badger

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »

I saw her on "The Phil Donahue Show" many years ago (it was during the Reagan administration) and she seemed perfectly fine to me.  Not snooty at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: