Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Badiya interview with Emel magazine  (Read 11156 times)
Eugenie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »

Badiya is indeed a very bright person and a wonderful human being. And an impressive beauty.
Today is her brother's wedding in Amman. I don't see much interest, just thought I should share. Wink
There is a separate thread for the wedding, started some time ago  Whistle

I was away and didn't notice the separate thread. You could just let me know without accompanying your post with the whistling-smiley. Irony doesn't help matters on a public board, AFAIK.
Jumping to conclusions about a board's posters and their interests isn't particularly helpful either....AFAIK.

Nah, that was different. That was simply... the bitter truth. Which always hurts, right? Smiley

Nevermind. The thing with you is that you always behave like that publicly, I saw you at TRF too. Wink And for the record, I unignored you very recently, thought I should give it another try, only to come here and find irony and smartass remarks in full glory once again. Now tell me, will it be my fault if I push the magic button again? Will you be complaining in each & every thread for a couple more months, claiming you don't get why people choose to ignore you? Ah, so many straight questions, but not enough straight answers, I assume. Cool
 Rude and personal responses like this is not welcome on RD.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »

Badiya is indeed a very bright person and a wonderful human being. And an impressive beauty.
Today is her brother's wedding in Amman. I don't see much interest, just thought I should share. Wink
There is a separate thread for the wedding, started some time ago  Whistle

I was away and didn't notice the separate thread. You could just let me know without accompanying your post with the whistling-smiley. Irony doesn't help matters on a public board, AFAIK.
Jumping to conclusions about a board's posters and their interests isn't particularly helpful either....AFAIK.
Nah, that was different. That was simply... the bitter truth. Which always hurts, right? Smiley

Nevermind. The thing with you is that you always behave like that publicly, I saw you at TRF too. Wink And for the record, I unignored you very recently, thought I should give it another try, only to come here and find irony and smartass remarks in full glory once again. Now tell me, will it be my fault if I push the magic button again? Will you be complaining in each & every thread for a couple more months, claiming you don't get why people choose to ignore you? Ah, so many straight questions, but not enough straight answers, I assume. Cool
Yes, because you were so accurate weren't you? That's why there's a thread for the engagement and wedding.  Whistle

So far the only person attacking others is you. Ignore away- frankly I couldn't care less what you choose to do.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Eugenie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »

So far the only person attacking others is you.

Are you sure?! Huh? Have a better look around, please. It might help. Wink
ZittoAnna

Mini Member

Welcome to Condale

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »

princess badiya is a great princess
Eugenie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 03:31:26 PM »

Welcome to Royal Dish, ZittoAnna - here's your first star Star . Champagne
ZittoAnna

Mini Member

Welcome to Condale

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »

Welcome to Royal Dish, ZittoAnna - here's your first star Star . Champagne

thnx Eugenie  Hug
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »

Hello everyone,  Smiley

Just saw this mini-conversation here and thought it deserves my comment...  Confused

Little Star: There is a separate thread for the wedding, started some time ago  Whistle

Eugenie: I was away and didn't notice the separate thread. You could just let me know without accompanying your post with the whistling-smiley. Irony doesn't help matters on a public board, AFAIK.

Little Star: Jumping to conclusions about a board's posters and their interests isn't particularly helpful either....AFAIK.

Eugenie: Nah, that was different. That was simply... the bitter truth. Which always hurts, right?

Etc, etc...

Well, I’m not an active poster any more (though my involvement in La Principauté affairs got the best of me recently  Blush), and Eugenie as good as declared she ignores my posts, but I’d like to point out an obvious discrepancy just the same – if merely for the sake of integrity...

I’m in principle more than agree with the idea that “irony doesn’t help matters on a public board”... only it’s not always easy it appears to live what you preach. You reacted quite sensitively to a harmless  Whistle, but not so long time ago you yourself made a following statement in no uncertain terms:

http://royaldish.com/inde....php/topic,1195.1350.html (now for members only but public at the time)
Re: Has there been another wholesale ignore test ...

Eugenie: ”…I've been posting on boards for one and a half year and as a reader and active member, I already know what I prefer to read. For example, I don't like blabbers, I don't like novelists and wanna-be-Pulitzer-winners, I don't like posters who twist one's words and jump quickly to wrong conclusions and I certainly don't like posters who constantly start fights over silly issues and call it 'debate'. Just to name a few things I totally dislike. I want to spend quality online time and read comments that make me laugh. Sharp wit is all I'm looking for...”

Well, you wanted to tell us what you don’t like about other posters. Fine with me! But why with such sarcasm?  Thinking A few posters and visitors that had really read my ‘novels’ would say - I believe - I’m fully capable of self-irony (not totally lacking in a sense of humour either), so it’s nothing like that. It’s just I don’t find expressing the arrogance towards other board members so awfully witty...

That said, I wish everybody a Happy Hour(s)  Beer;  otherwise remaining

Truly and sincerely yours,

Tulip  Smiley

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Eugenie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »

Let me see how we could avoid all the drama. Well, all you need in this case ToN is a good English dictionary; sarcasm, irony & wit are 3 different things. Hope you sort their meaning out as soon as possible, then we can discuss the whole issue. Good luck! Champagne
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 12:29:02 PM »

And the winner is... EugenieClapping

Moi, j’ai très honte  Blush Blush Blush  but then again they never appointed me the Editor-in-Chief of the Oxford English Dictionary, much as I tried... Cry

Apart from this so very embarrassing fact of my biography, what has the meaning of the words to do with the fact that you do not practise as you preach?  Thinking

Drama? What drama?  Thinking

PS I did my homework as requested ma’am:  Curtsey

Definition: irony:

1.Witty language used to convey insults or scorn;
2.A sort of humor, ridicule, or light sarcasm;

Synonyms (sorted by strength):
sarcasm, satire, ridicule, banter, humor, raillery.
Consider also: derision, mockery, quiz, gibe, innuendo, persiflage, trope, wittiness, cynicism, witticism, absurdity, badinage, incongruity, inconsistency, ingenuity, razz, sneer, wryness, caprice, chaff, temper, insult.

But for that you should blame the guy called http://www.websters-onlin...q=irony&sa=Search#922

...for I’m only a highly educated philologist with a good (not perfect!) knowledge of several languages…  Confused

Good day everyone!  Cool

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 12:34:30 PM »

Happy 500 Tulip!  Star

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 01:01:45 PM »

Thanks a lot Little StarSmiley

On this happy note…  Beer

Melville Davisson Post
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »

Welcome back ToN!  Smiley  Star
Eugenie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 03:36:29 PM »

Moi, j’ai très honte  Blush Blush Blush  but then again they never appointed me the Editor-in-Chief of the Oxford English Dictionary, much as I tried... Cry

Apart from this so very embarrassing fact of my biography, what has the meaning of the words to do with the fact that you do not practise as you preach?  Thinking

Consider also: derision, mockery, quiz, gibe, innuendo, persiflage, trope, wittiness, cynicism, witticism, absurdity, badinage, incongruity, inconsistency, ingenuity, razz, sneer, wryness, caprice, chaff, temper, insult.

But for that you should blame the guy called http://www.websters-onlin...q=irony&sa=Search#922

...for I’m only a highly educated philologist with a good (not perfect!) knowledge of several languages…  Confused

Good day everyone!  Cool

Award-winning material... Synonyms hardly ever have the exact same meaning. In addition, hopefully you noticed that I didn't name posters in the text that bothered you so much. Whereas the ironic remarks of your friend, whom you so willingly and courtly rushed to support, were directed straight to me since the day I joined RD (and that's simply because the opinions I voiced were different than hers - see the Jordanian board). And how stupid of you to make public a part of a post that now belongs to the private sector of this board!
Last but not least, wonder what is more annoying: your long-winded airy posts or you?
Mars
Banned
Baby Member

Italy Italy

Mary who? xD

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »

Good day everyone!  Cool

Ahahaha. Catfight! I love it. Hey, do you think it is witty meddling in if two guys have a problem? And to ridicule one of them? It's like kindergarden, but I enjoyed to read it nevertheless. Ya must know, some of my secret hobbies is that I like reading the guys on youtube fighting about all kind of probs and topics before I go to sleep. With chips or popcorn.  Beer
Odette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »

Chère Tulip,

Congrats on reaching 500  Star.  Nice to see you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: