Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you were a royal what appropriate wedding gown would you wear?  (Read 46628 times)
spanishlover

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2011, 01:32:32 AM »

i would want my wedding gown to be young, refreshing, modern yet somewhat traditional...and ofcourse fitting with the church
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »

Pompous like Queen Farida of Egypt

Or traditionally like Princess Zahra

http://img.ibtimes.com/ww...132008-princess-zahra.jpg
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 07:03:23 PM »

Alot of it depends on the RF you are marrying into IMO.

I love Princess Soraya's Dior gown though 

Honestly though I think M-M's gown is perfect. Simple, elegant and timeless.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
divinemiss

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:38:58 PM »

Cate Blanchett once wore a black, clingy dress to a premier of one of her films...it had sleeves (allegedly a prerequisite ofr royal brides!) and flowed (my descriptions are just great aren't they!!) and came up round her collar bone in shapes and I love it...I think something weddingified along those lines for me.

Sorry have no clue whatsoever how to post images but its on google images...cate blanchett premier looks page 11..black, next to one where she is wearing blue ear rings...actually no one cares that much..sorry ignore me

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 08:53:39 PM »

This one? Itīs pretty  Smiley
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »

Divinemiss, I might have a different google image, but I can't find a dress like this on page 11 (or any other page) Sad, but I do love that dress with the white petticoat and the bird pattern...
Years and years ago, I was in my early twenties I went to Spain once on a Mum and daughter trip and for some reason my mom and I were drawn into a bridal shop, where I saw (and tried on!!!! Wink) the most perfect dress I have ever seen. We joked that if I ever was to marry Prince Charles that was the dress I was going to wear.
It was a lace dress, not white but almost ecru (perfect for my red hair and pale skin) and just beautiful....
The dress I end up wearing for my wedding was beautiful too, perfect for me and I think quite timeless, but hardly couture or "never seen" although you saw much more of this sort after than before!
Wedding dresses are IMO not that much different from normal dresses: they should look fab on you, somewhat mirror your personality and your personal style.
Perhaps in that way Kate's dress wasn't altogether wrong. It is a very classic bridal fashion, very traditional, very safe and fits a slim, regular tall person. And it mirrors her personal style, a tad boring, safe and still quite pleasing to the eye.
Zara's dress was a disappointment, it neither reflected her quite daring sense of dress, her quirky side and her joie de vivre, it didn't even fit her body (her girls looked pin-up huge!!) and made her look storky and yes, chubby.
MM looked fab, because the dress was divine, fit her tall slim figure, had the cool nordic feel plus the slight dreaminess, that MM often shows.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
spanishlover

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »

if this dress had 3/4 sleeves and the neckline wasnt a deep V

or this

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 09:11:43 PM »

They're all fairly similar but I loved Dita Von Tesse, SJP's and Gwen Stefani's wedding gowns.

Realistically though if I were getting married I wouldn't be wearing white so I'd probably choose something like this

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
spanishlover

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »

OOOH>....i like the middle one with the aquamarine colors
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:36:28 PM »

Oh, I love them all, all those fantastic pictures of those beauties in their stunning gowns are breathtaking. I really wish I had any oppportunity to wear something like this....(and look half as gorgeous)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
southport

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 09:59:28 PM »

Sarah Chattos or Charlene's. Diana and Zara's dresses were the worst esp Diana's.
divinemiss

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »

No, its not that dress. Believe it or not, Alexander McQueen designed that dress for her just before he died and she wore it (at Cannes I think) a few days after he died as a tribute.

http://uk.askmen.com/wome...blanchett/picture-1.html#!87

Picture 85..black, flowy and fabulous

I actually really loved my own wedding dress but it had spaghetti straps but if someone could put sleeves on it nicely then I would wear that
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 10:09:10 PM »

^Ah! Fabulous!
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 11:07:40 PM »

i like this one
http://www.jlmcouture.com...Valenta/br/large/9751.jpg

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »

Love the gown 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: