Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you were a royal what appropriate wedding gown would you wear?  (Read 58477 times)
Artemisia

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »

Which designers would do a good job for Princess Eugenie?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:50:14 PM by Artemisia » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2018, 09:49:25 PM »

Huh??? What?
Artemisia

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2018, 09:50:49 PM »

Sorry made a mistake!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2018, 09:53:20 PM »

Sorry made a mistake!

No worries.  I was just puzzled by all the posts that were questions.
Mary Stuart

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2018, 10:12:25 PM »

Which designers would do a good job for Princess Eugenie?

I'm really hoping she goes with Vivienne Westwood

Artemisia

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2018, 10:13:42 PM »

^ Beautiful!
jolene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2018, 10:20:24 PM »

Love me some Westwood!!  Drool
Wardrobe mistress

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2018, 10:35:46 PM »

I would choose something very similar to Meghan...if it was a royal wedding.

Personally,I had a big white church wedding.   Guess I did it because it was expected.

Now..I wish I had a small civil ceremony wearing a knee length suit..and a reception for a few people at a restaurant.

The older I get the less I like to be the center of attention.

How these royals survive the scrutiny of the press on a daily basis is a mystery to me.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2018, 03:38:11 PM »

I hope Eugenie doesn't go for either a Grace-Kelly oops sorry, Kate Middleton design nor a Meghan. Both other ladies have very flat chests and Eugenie has the ample bossom of the Windsor ladies: The red Westwood above looks fab, because of the cleavage. Of course that would be a tad too much for a wedding, but a boatneck would kill her and the narrow v-neck Kate had, would also not look good.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2018, 03:52:08 PM »

I hope Eugenie doesn't go for either a Grace-Kelly oops sorry, Kate Middleton design nor a Meghan. Both other ladies have very flat chests and Eugenie has the ample bossom of the Windsor ladies: The red Westwood above looks fab, because of the cleavage. Of course that would be a tad too much for a wedding, but a boatneck would kill her and the narrow v-neck Kate had, would also not look good.

The cut of the Westwood dress suits Eugenie, it also gives her a nice waist (an hourglass shape). So personally I think she would look great in this kind of dress, with a few alterations (cleavage part & color) for her wedding.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2018, 10:29:21 PM »

I'm huge fan of Saiid Kobeisy

I also like Wanda Borges' bridal gowns

Orsalia Parthenis has really exquisite creations but I don't believe I could support this style of dress

Celia Kritharioti is generally known about her wedding gowns, although most of them are not close to my taste.

From random google search, I found this (although it's backless enough to be not appropriate for a royal wedding)

I have a pic on my laptop, I cannot find in google, with beaded cap sleeves. If I find it, I'll post, I don't know how to upload pics from my laptop.

onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »

I have a thing for wedding dresses, once I start looking, it's hard to stop. I have a file in my laptop with wedding dresses, hair etc.  Blush

I found it!!!! This is THE dress for me!!!

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2018, 09:03:17 AM »

Onar: your dress is wonderful, I love the top and I love that the skirt is not taking away from the intricacy of the top. If you however  ever get this made for your own wedding (  ) have the seamstress choose a tulle that matches the colour. The skirt's white is too harsh for the dreamy quality of the ensemble.
(Also love the almost victorian middle parting of the hair)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2018, 12:47:45 PM »

Onar: your dress is wonderful, I love the top and I love that the skirt is not taking away from the intricacy of the top. If you however  ever get this made for your own wedding (  ) have the seamstress choose a tulle that matches the colour. The skirt's white is too harsh for the dreamy quality of the ensemble.
(Also love the almost victorian middle parting of the hair)
This is a very interested observation, I haven't thought about it. Truth is that some fabrics and shades look different under the lights of a phtographer in comparison with what our bare eyes see. If I ever can afford to tailor a wedding gown like this, I'll keep in mind your suggestion! Thank you fairy!

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2018, 02:21:10 PM »

Yes the differences in light can be very tricky: usually you would choose an evening outfit considering artificial light, while a day outfit should be ok with natural, but what happens with the evening outfit worn in the earlier evening outside when it is still sunlight? And likely the day outfit will be worn inside as well, where artificial light might be used even thru the day..
In any case choose some thing that flatters your complexion and that you like, then all should be fine.

Mary's life motto:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: