Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zara Phillips & Michael Tindall NEWS  (Read 526624 times)
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2235 on: January 26, 2021, 01:23:03 AM »

Now there is a great dad!
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2236 on: February 09, 2021, 12:06:45 AM »

I hope this isnít true
https://www.thesun.co.uk/...ing-furlough-for-himself/

ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2237 on: February 09, 2021, 12:33:13 AM »

I'm sure it is, Mike runs a business so why shouldn't he furlough his staff? Big business are and have been furloughing staff (despite sone news reports of some businesses paying furlough money back a much larger number haven't and won't) so why shouldn't Mike. I also doubt he is worth £15million.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2238 on: February 09, 2021, 12:45:32 AM »

I'm sure it is, Mike runs a business so why shouldn't he furlough his staff? Big business are and have been furloughing staff (despite sone news reports of some businesses paying furlough money back a much larger number haven't and won't) so why shouldn't Mike. I also doubt he is worth £15million.

I doubt it too.  It's rich that the government is complaining when they're the ones signing the checks...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Tsarina

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2239 on: February 09, 2021, 01:37:33 AM »

Funny headline. Are they suggesting that the Queen should pony up money for them or that he should use his personal funds to maintain a business. Either way, it doesnít make sense.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2240 on: February 09, 2021, 01:53:34 AM »

What I take that article to be saying is that Tindall's company only has one employee: himself.  And that he is taking advantage of the government scheme that was intended to keep people employed and earning income going during the Covid crisis so they can hopefully pay their bills and feed their children.  If I am reading it right, I think Tindall should definitely be falling back on his personal stash to keep himself and his family in the style to which they have become accustomed.  Most employees aren't able to do that, at least not for extended periods because they will quickly go through their "rainy day" savings, and it is those people that the government scheme was designed to help.  When rich people take advantage of such schemes there is less available for those who really need it.  His family also has Zara's resources available to it.  Say no to these handouts, Mike!  Thumb down
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2241 on: February 09, 2021, 02:22:49 AM »

Oh dear.  Iíd be neutral about him using it to pay employees but to pay himself...yeah, no.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2242 on: February 09, 2021, 02:26:49 AM »

What I take that article to be saying is that Tindall's company only has one employee: himself.  And that he is taking advantage of the government scheme that was intended to keep people employed and earning income going during the Covid crisis so they can hopefully pay their bills and feed their children.  If I am reading it right, I think Tindall should definitely be falling back on his personal stash to keep himself and his family in the style to which they have become accustomed.  Most employees aren't able to do that, at least not for extended periods because they will quickly go through their "rainy day" savings, and it is those people that the government scheme was designed to help.  When rich people take advantage of such schemes there is less available for those who really need it.  His family also has Zara's resources available to it.  Say no to these handouts, Mike!  Thumb down

Yep. We have a similar issue here in the US, where such down on their luck people like Kanye West, Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump and Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady have all received PPP loans (or companies they control have).
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2243 on: February 09, 2021, 02:31:38 AM »

If he has furloughed himself I'd agree its morally wrong as clearly Zara and Mike have enough to see them through some low times but the article explicitly states:

A spokeswoman for Tindall insisted he had not been personally furloughed but refused to answer any further questions.

SvenskaSarah

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2244 on: February 09, 2021, 11:48:12 AM »

Just for comparison, I believe Victoria Beckham, Richard Branson and Liverpool FC have all applied to use the furlough scheme, and they are far richer than Mike.

I know it's more of a moral question when you're well off yourself, but this is not an isolated case.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: