Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zara Phillips & Michael Tindall NEWS  (Read 539380 times)
Gemsheal

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2295 on: March 24, 2021, 07:37:38 PM »

Well, it's nice for Anne to have a grandson, after four granddaughters.   Champagne

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
CurleySharon

Warned
Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #2296 on: March 24, 2021, 09:02:31 PM »

IMO Mike's comments could be interpreted that now he has both, he is happy. "Now that I have a boy (as well as girls), I'm outa here "  and if the Tindall girls grow up to be like their mother and grandmother, I doubt they'll be offended by much. JMO. I am sure Anne and Mark are happy to have a grandson
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2297 on: March 24, 2021, 09:11:21 PM »

It is excellent that Master Lucas has Philip as a middle name.
anneboleyn

Warned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2298 on: March 24, 2021, 09:27:30 PM »

IMO Mike's comments could be interpreted that now he has both, he is happy. "Now that I have a boy (as well as girls), I'm outa here "  and if the Tindall girls grow up to be like their mother and grandmother, I doubt they'll be offended by much. JMO. I am sure Anne and Mark are happy to have a grandson

Hopefully that's true!
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2299 on: March 24, 2021, 10:09:34 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone has posted the clip so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wex1v63AgRU
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2300 on: March 24, 2021, 10:12:35 PM »

It's completely natural, but it's still not something appropriate to say in public considering how large his platform is.

I donít know how large his platform is, but I would guess itís a somewhat tight rugby-based community with a real, British lad spirit going on and honestly, Mike fits it to a t. It can be somewhat crude at times and thatís hardly new about Mike nor unique.

Zara and Mike have two girls they love to bits. They have also lost a baby quite far along in the pregnancy. I donít think they love their girls any less than Lucas and Mike is definitely not the only parent who has expressed wanting one of the opposite sex than what he already has. I am certain they are deeply grateful and relieved they simply had another healthy child where everything went as it should. Itís very possible this is his way of expressing his joy with the situation. I think itís harsh to judge him for that.

I agree here.

He has probably dreamed of having a son to share his passion for sport/rugby. He possibly has even dreamt of his son playing for England. In rugby it is more common for family members across generations to play professional than in other sports. In the UK there's a common notion for dads being excited to have a son to take to football etc. Whilst ofc girls can be interested in sports, that kind of passion to have a son to share your hobbies/joys with is common. Personally speaking, my dad dislikes sports bar motorsports and I love rugby, football, hockey etc, so the dynamic was somewhat reversed in an amusing way.

I'm not reading too much into it as he seems to be a very good father and practices sport with both girls already. I think the excitement of becoming a father again and talking about his life's passion resulted in this. I don't think in any way that it was meant maliciously or in a misogynistic way.

And yes, rugby is a very tight, lads, lads, lads kinda world with a veneer of macho image. In terms of women's rugby, there are some very horrific and negative stereotypes like in women's football which I won't discuss here. But as I said, it is common for sons to follow their father's or brother's footsteps in the sport (think of Owen Farrell, the Gray or Fagerson brothers). I think if he hadn't have mentioned it, one of the other speakers would.

Also, Mike is a world champion. There's perhaps an excited anticipation that the child of one of the 2003 winners may one day emulate his feat, much like Zara and her parents.

I'm also wondering whether Zara or Mike knew the sex of the baby they lost? If it had been a boy then Lucas' arrival is perhaps even more special to them?
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2301 on: March 24, 2021, 10:13:45 PM »

It doesn't sound like Mike is like people I know who behave with obvious favoritism towards one child over another (always the girls over the boys, however - especially in my own family, I could go on about the horrible things that have been said to me).

I bet he is excited as most men are excited to have sons, and women are excited to have daughters. The reverse is not so true. I hope though if Lucas is not into rugby he is allowed to be his own little person as it is a struggle I have with my own son who is not a rough-and-tumble boy's boy people expect.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2302 on: March 24, 2021, 10:31:38 PM »

Awe!    Blush 

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #2303 on: March 24, 2021, 11:28:20 PM »

It's completely natural, but it's still not something appropriate to say in public considering how large his platform is.

I donít know how large his platform is, but I would guess itís a somewhat tight rugby-based community with a real, British lad spirit going on and honestly, Mike fits it to a t. It can be somewhat crude at times and thatís hardly new about Mike nor unique.

Zara and Mike have two girls they love to bits. They have also lost a baby quite far along in the pregnancy. I donít think they love their girls any less than Lucas and Mike is definitely not the only parent who has expressed wanting one of the opposite sex than what he already has. I am certain they are deeply grateful and relieved they simply had another healthy child where everything went as it should. Itís very possible this is his way of expressing his joy with the situation. I think itís harsh to judge him for that.

I agree here.

He has probably dreamed of having a son to share his passion for sport/rugby. He possibly has even dreamt of his son playing for England. In rugby it is more common for family members across generations to play professional than in other sports. In the UK there's a common notion for dads being excited to have a son to take to football etc. Whilst ofc girls can be interested in sports, that kind of passion to have a son to share your hobbies/joys with is common. Personally speaking, my dad dislikes sports bar motorsports and I love rugby, football, hockey etc, so the dynamic was somewhat reversed in an amusing way.

I'm not reading too much into it as he seems to be a very good father and practices sport with both girls already. I think the excitement of becoming a father again and talking about his life's passion resulted in this. I don't think in any way that it was meant maliciously or in a misogynistic way.

And yes, rugby is a very tight, lads, lads, lads kinda world with a veneer of macho image. In terms of women's rugby, there are some very horrific and negative stereotypes like in women's football which I won't discuss here. But as I said, it is common for sons to follow their father's or brother's footsteps in the sport (think of Owen Farrell, the Gray or Fagerson brothers). I think if he hadn't have mentioned it, one of the other speakers would.

Also, Mike is a world champion. There's perhaps an excited anticipation that the child of one of the 2003 winners may one day emulate his feat, much like Zara and her parents.

I'm also wondering whether Zara or Mike knew the sex of the baby they lost? If it had been a boy then Lucas' arrival is perhaps even more special to them?

That is a very good point, SvenskaSarah.

They most probably knew the sex of the baby that was miscarried after the pregnancy announcement.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2304 on: March 25, 2021, 12:17:25 AM »

I'm not sure if anyone has posted the clip so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wex1v63AgRU

Heís very cute and charming and obviously over the moon happy.
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2305 on: March 25, 2021, 01:41:09 AM »

What a dramatic story!  I'm glad mother and baby are okay. 

He'll probably go by Luke.  And Luke Tindall sounds like Mike Tindall, so it's perfect IMO.  And another tribute to Phillip.  He's obviously been on his grandchildren's minds.   
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2306 on: March 25, 2021, 03:23:08 AM »

Someone in Twitter pointed out that Prince Philip was born in a kitchen table 100 years ago and now his great-grandchild was born on a bathroom floor.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2307 on: March 25, 2021, 04:38:47 AM »

I agree here.

They most probably knew the sex of the baby that was miscarried after the pregnancy announcement.

Thank you Smiley
I seem to recall that they miscarried late-ish into the pregnancy (here I mean anytime after the 12 week scan). From my fellow dishers I have learned that the gender of an unborn baby can be ascertained much earlier than I thought (I.e around the 20 week mark) so it is highly likely that Zara and Mike knew the sex of their unborn baby.
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2308 on: March 25, 2021, 05:47:35 AM »

All the best to the little family, good health to the new baby and to his Mama.  Champagne
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2309 on: March 25, 2021, 08:47:31 AM »

I agree here.

Thank you Smiley
I seem to recall that they miscarried late-ish into the pregnancy (here I mean anytime after the 12 week scan). From my fellow dishers I have learned that the gender of an unborn baby can be ascertained much earlier than I thought (I.e around the 20 week mark) so it is highly likely that Zara and Mike knew the sex of their unborn baby.
Iím pretty sure she said in an interview that she was far enough along that she had to give birth, so Iím certain they would have known the sex of the baby.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: