Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - GALA dresses  (Read 118293 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2022, 11:01:35 AM »

Vic wearing a new Frida Jonsvens gown last night:

It looks like millefiore! 😺
Kayzilla

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2022, 11:20:45 AM »

I kinda love this dress, and I adore Estelle's matching headband, but the color scheme does give me flashbacks to that bonkers final scene in "Midsommar."
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2022, 12:53:43 PM »

I think she was one of the best dressed  it's a gorgeous dress 

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Emac0914

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2022, 01:30:16 PM »

I kinda love this dress, and I adore Estelle's matching headband, but the color scheme does give me flashbacks to that bonkers final scene in "Midsommar."

I also thought about the millefiore with this gown - very Victoria.  I loved the matching headband and scattering of extra flowers on the waistband of Estelleís gown, too.  Cute mother-daughter moment without being too match-matchy. 
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2022, 02:23:04 PM »

Stunning dress, my favourite of the night.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »

She looked beautiful... the skirt was a bit much fabric a bit pared down would have been better... looking a bit too bridal
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2022, 05:08:36 PM »

Mine too!!  And she chose the right tiara with it.  It's apparently by the designer who did her gorgeous long-sleeved formal gown for their tenth anniversary (I think) photos.  I hope she sticks with this designer!

And I love the millefiore comparison; makes it even prettier in my mind!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2022, 06:41:35 PM »

@fridajonsvens on Instagram has some amazing closeups of not only Victoria's dress but also Estelle's headband (which I think was such a stroke of genius to let her have a special headband so she could fit in, in an age appropriate way, with the teens with their tiaras)

@royalfashionpolice has lots of good information on these gowns plus all the others from the gala, and also some fun "hit or miss" polls
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2022, 07:07:09 PM »

Without the colorful flowers it would have been too bridal, thanks to all that full white tulle skirt but now it looks like a romantic fairytale princess gown. I like how the sash match with the flower colors. Lilian's tiara was good choice and her hair look less severe. One of her best looks for me.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2022, 07:07:34 PM »

I tried to get some decent screen shots for those not on IG. Not great but itís something. The dress suits Victoria.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2022, 07:09:26 PM »

Thank you for posting these, Aubiette!  Seeing them on my laptop and not just my phone screen makes the dress seem even more magical.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2022, 09:26:31 PM »

I tried to get some decent screen shots for those not on IG. Not great but itís something. The dress suits Victoria.

I must be in the minority because while I love this dress on the mannequin I just didnít love it on Victoria.  Her hair and tiara though are superb. 

I wish we had seen this dress on Elisabeth of Belgium.  Then, I think I would be loving it. 

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2022, 07:53:08 PM »

Yes to whoever suggested this dress would have been better on Elizabeth of Belgium. It has just a little too much of an ingenue odor to it for someone of Victoria's age. I'm not flat out saying mutton dressed as lamb, but  . . .  maybe she should have hade a more worldly frock.
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2022, 08:34:58 PM »

Yes to whoever suggested this dress would have been better on Elizabeth of Belgium. It has just a little too much of an ingenue odor to it for someone of Victoria's age. I'm not flat out saying mutton dressed as lamb, but  . . .  maybe she should have hade a more worldly frock.

I think for me it's the very white tulle skirt that doesn't work - it seems like it's for a young bride. I wish it had been a different color or material or both and it would've looked more adult to me. The top is beautiful though.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2022, 10:00:51 PM »

Mine, too. Wish the flowers went further down the dress, scattered widely. I think that would have been nice. They finish too high up.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŗ Paris - paraphrased)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: