Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Philip NEWS  (Read 587211 times)
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2640 on: May 31, 2020, 08:58:01 AM »

I used to think that CG favored CP because he is his boy but I've started to think it's more that he feels he has to "help" him on the way. None of CG's and Silvia's children are that bright but Victoria has turned out really well, mostly probably because she is kind and thoughtful. Madeleine married herself out and Silvia has helped her do something kind of meaningful and be sort of useful through Childhood. The only one left is CP who isn't bright enough to live a successful life on his own merits, so his parents help him. I think most parents would want to help their less fortunate children and if they have the chance, they take it. It's of course debatable if it's right considering their position but I do understand it. And as for CG, he probably thinks about the option if not helping his son, what kind of an embarrassment CP's different "business" adventures would be, if CP would be forced to try to maintain the same lifestyle but totally on his own.

Back when Victoria and CP were born, then CG most likely definitely was disappointed that his son wasn't going to be king but now I think he is super relieved that that isn't the case and he does see that Victoria is of them all the most suitable to follow him on the thrown. I think that currently the favoritism of CP is mostly pity and not so much anymore a gender issue.

But before I get totally stoned for saying this I want to underline that this is just what I think and feel, not saying it is the absolute truth and that I can't be wrong 

I agree Snork Maiden.

I think CG is proud of Victoria but cannot let go of the "guilt"/"shame" that he failed to preserve CP as CP because that was how he was born and from then on he has been trying to make it up to CP by spoiling, coddling and enabling him in everything he does including marring the most unsuitable spouse for any man.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2641 on: May 31, 2020, 02:27:27 PM »

I used to think that CG favored CP because he is his boy but I've started to think it's more that he feels he has to "help" him on the way. None of CG's and Silvia's children are that bright but Victoria has turned out really well, mostly probably because she is kind and thoughtful. Madeleine married herself out and Silvia has helped her do something kind of meaningful and be sort of useful through Childhood. The only one left is CP who isn't bright enough to live a successful life on his own merits, so his parents help him. I think most parents would want to help their less fortunate children and if they have the chance, they take it. It's of course debatable if it's right considering their position but I do understand it. And as for CG, he probably thinks about the option if not helping his son, what kind of an embarrassment CP's different "business" adventures would be, if CP would be forced to try to maintain the same lifestyle but totally on his own.

Back when Victoria and CP were born, then CG most likely definitely was disappointed that his son wasn't going to be king but now I think he is super relieved that that isn't the case and he does see that Victoria is of them all the most suitable to follow him on the thrown. I think that currently the favoritism of CP is mostly pity and not so much anymore a gender issue.

But before I get totally stoned for saying this I want to underline that this is just what I think and feel, not saying it is the absolute truth and that I can't be wrong  

I agree Snork Maiden.

I think CG is proud of Victoria but cannot let go of the "guilt"/"shame" that he failed to preserve CP as CP because that was how he was born and from then on he has been trying to make it up to CP by spoiling, coddling and enabling him in everything he does including marring the most unsuitable spouse for any man.

Thumb up Star

SM and lf

I would say that CG feels kind of ashamed for his only son. His daughters are much more successful and I think for him, who clearly prefers males, it must be kind of an embarrassment that CP still can't stand on his own and has basically achieved nothing valuable.

Underneath I believe that CG is indeed glad that Vic is the heir, but being as he is, he will never admit that.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:55:35 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2642 on: May 31, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »

Gawd CP needs to wash that hair of his in peroxide ...for nothing will get rid of that grease

He looks so unkempt to be wearing a navy uniform

Can anyone tell me who the other chap is pl?

I want to look up what rank he is bce his cap insignia is different to grease balls

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Gilmourgirl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2643 on: May 31, 2020, 09:23:57 PM »

Gawd CP needs to wash that hair of his in peroxide ...for nothing will get rid of that grease

He looks so unkempt to be wearing a navy uniform

Can anyone tell me who the other chap is pl?

I want to look up what rank he is bce his cap insignia is different to grease balls

G

It's the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Micael Bydén. His grades are from the air force, CP is in the marines.
Gilmourgirl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2644 on: May 31, 2020, 09:39:09 PM »

I agree Snork Maiden.

Nah, CP is mommy's boy through and through, make no mistake.   
Why would CG feel guilty because the Parliament decided to change the Succession Law the day Victoria was born, as was the case? The only reason it took three years to implement was because there must be a General election before a Constitutional Law can be changed. There was never any question about Victoria being the future heir. And CG was very happy about the decision, relieved even, without it, it could've been the end of the dynasty.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2645 on: May 31, 2020, 10:29:08 PM »

The spares don’t always fare very and get into stupid stuff so it’s good he has a focus.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2646 on: May 31, 2020, 10:56:48 PM »

I agree Snork Maiden.

Why would CG feel guilty because the Parliament decided to change the Succession Law the day Victoria was born, as was the case? The only reason it took three years to implement was because there must be a General election before a Constitutional Law can be changed. There was never any question about Victoria being the future heir. And CG was very happy about the decision, relieved even, without it, it could've been the end of the dynasty.

Never heard of that. It seems surreal to me, even more so in a country like Sweden.

But I would love to hear more about that succession crisis.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2647 on: June 01, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »

I agree Snork Maiden.

Never heard of that. It seems surreal to me, even more so in a country like Sweden.

Up until the law change in 1980 women were not allowed to inherit the throne. So they ran a risk of turning into a Japanese-style monarchy where there are lots of princesses and only one heir.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2648 on: June 02, 2020, 01:42:24 AM »

The same sort situation CG himself had been in. The youngest of 5, and only son
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2649 on: June 02, 2020, 11:19:01 PM »

I agree Snork Maiden.

Up until the law change in 1980 women were not allowed to inherit the throne. So they ran a risk of turning into a Japanese-style monarchy where there are lots of princesses and only one heir.

Ah, thanks I didn't think of this one.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2650 on: June 19, 2020, 12:25:37 PM »

CP was photographed by Stoppapressarna while at lunch at the restaurant Strandvägen 1 with Mattias Klum, his mentor and good friend.

SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2651 on: June 19, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »

I'm not intending this to be as sarcastic as it may seem, but what did Mattias Klum mentor CP for?
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2652 on: June 19, 2020, 04:51:09 PM »

I'm not intending this to be as sarcastic as it may seem, but what did Mattias Klum mentor CP for?

IIRC CP met Mattias Klum when he was at high school during a trip with CG and Silvia (I do not remember where). In 2006, they met again in Washington where CP was pursuing his photographic studies with an internship at the National Geographic Society. Then CP was in Klum's team for training in his studies of graphic design and photography and accompanied him in some of the journeys for the documentary film "Expedition Linné". These journeys results also in an exhibition "A Glimpse of Paradise - Prince Carl Philip interprets the Botanical Gardens in Uppsala" with CP's photographs (held at the Biennial in Liège, Belgium, and in Stockholm). Moreover, CP and Mattias Klum are both in the IUCN (as Patron of Nature and Goodwill Ambassador)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 04:58:03 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2653 on: June 19, 2020, 11:37:49 PM »

IIRC CP met Mattias Klum when he was at high school during a trip with CG and Silvia (I do not remember where). In 2006, they met again in Washington where CP was pursuing his photographic studies with an internship at the National Geographic Society. Then CP was in Klum's team for training in his studies of graphic design and photography and accompanied him in some of the journeys for the documentary film "Expedition Linné". These journeys results also in an exhibition "A Glimpse of Paradise - Prince Carl Philip interprets the Botanical Gardens in Uppsala" with CP's photographs (held at the Biennial in Liège, Belgium, and in Stockholm). Moreover, CP and Mattias Klum are both in the IUCN (as Patron of Nature and Goodwill Ambassador)

Thank you for that info, a  Star to you! CP had always struck me as someone who lacks a mentor in many ways!
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2654 on: June 20, 2020, 09:37:52 AM »

Do you not think that Prince Carl Philip would look to his father as a mentor?
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: