Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crown Prince visit to New York (Again!): October 20-25th  (Read 89420 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »

I thought it would be useful to start a thread for the upcoming trip

Press release of the visit:

Crown Prince visits the U.S. in the period 20 - 25 October

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince and Crown Princess pays an official visit to the U.S. in the period 20-25th October.

Crown Prince at the head of the huge business promotion "Creative and Healthy for Life" in New York and Boston. Business promotion must focus on Denmark's leading position in digital solutions in health and raise awareness of Danish creativity in design and fashion. In addition, participating royal couple in a series of activities focusing on health and active lifestyles and sustainability in architecture and cuisine.

As part of business promotion event opens the Crown Prince "Connected Health Symposium" in Boston, where leading Danish health companies participate together with the 1200 decision makers in the health field.

Crown Prince is the visit to New York also guests of honor along with heads of state from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland at a gala dinner to mark the 100-year American Scandinavian Foundation. Crown Prince shall also visit the Memorial Ground Zero with the Nordic heads of state to mark the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.

Note to editors
Information on press accreditation published by the Consulate General in New York, which also launches royalvisitnyc.com this week about the Royal Couple's visit to the United States.
http://translate.google.p...Fpublish.php%3Fid%3D29791

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:24:27 PM »

Once again F&M are visiting New York and once again I don't see the point.

Firstly isn't this their 3rd visit as part of a trade delegation? Surely, the fact that they need to make repetitive trips to the same place for the same purpose means that each visit is not working. Clearly they are just not doing a good enough job "selling" Denmark to the US and need to look at changing their tactics.

Secondly I notice that part of official press release says they want to "raise awareness of Danish creativity in design and fasion". I'm assuming that they are linking that to Mary's patronage of CIFF. However, how can she be promoting Danish design in New York when she doesn't even do that in Denmark? She has missed the last 2 CIFF events and considering it's a bi-annual event that mean she has done NOTHING to officially promote Danish fashion in 2011. Missing the event in Feb was fair enough because of the twins but what was her excuse in August?

Thirdly I notice that one again it seems that they are not meeting any American dignitaries, politicians etc. Why keep visiting the same places if you are not going to meet with other VIPs? It seems silly to do so.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
jusaca

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 08:57:21 PM »

This is just all PR rubbish.  Denmark is not a leader in creativity and fashion.  Obviously the fashion industry is peeved at their poor export figures and is pushing the government to assist with a trade mission.  You would expect Mary and the other women in the delegation to wear Danish fashion for the five days running.

No chance of that.  Mary has an 'under the counter' deal with Prada and she'll be wearing Italian for sure.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:04:57 PM »

Seriously, Derfy and Mares are going to NY to promote active healthy lifestyles.  Crazy

I can see it now.....

Fred to the audience "I always stand by the moto: Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, never fear."

And Mares "To maintain my healthy figure I don't let an ounce of food pass these artificially plumped lips and right before I feel like I'm about to pass out I eat a cube of cheese."  Secret

Yeah, these two are real role models.  Dead
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »

If you put it like that it makes perfect sense why those who do have them as role models, aka the sugars, act the way they do.

hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »

well DK might not be a leader but that's the DRF job to promote her as such

can they deliver the goods? past says NOT the previous NY trip was a complete fail to the point that the Danish media noted It

the Washington was another fail they got not attention and boy they tried and were shooting everywhere for attention

This one will be another trip that won't deliver the good their PR is asking for

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »

No one cares because they are not interesting, and unfortunately, Denmark is too small to make it on to NY'ers radar screen.  No

When I was there, I always had to say "neighbor to Sweden" and then people would know what I was talking about.  Cry
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 03:03:38 AM »

Why would you go to a country who is having its own financial difficulty to promote yourself to? Huh?
they are way too busy trying to save themselves.
Why not go to emerging economies to promote Danish everything, to give yourself a toe hold? Blink

as for healthy living, perhaps, Floppy frodo wants to extoll the virtues of being divorced as the only panacea for all ailments

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 03:28:24 AM »

No one cares because they are not interesting, and unfortunately, Denmark is too small to make it on to NY'ers radar screen.  No
When I was there, I always had to say "neighbor to Sweden" and then people would know what I was talking about.  Cry

Denmark is not too small  Hug
Their interest in geography is too small  Halo
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »

Once again F&M are visiting New York and once again I don't see the point.

Firstly isn't this their 3rd visit as part of a trade delegation? Surely, the fact that they need to make repetitive trips to the same place for the same purpose means that each visit is not working. Clearly they are just not doing a good enough job "selling" Denmark to the US and need to look at changing their tactics.

Secondly I notice that part of official press release says they want to "raise awareness of Danish creativity in design and fasion". I'm assuming that they are linking that to Mary's patronage of CIFF. However, how can she be promoting Danish design in New York when she doesn't even do that in Denmark? She has missed the last 2 CIFF events and considering it's a bi-annual event that mean she has done NOTHING to officially promote Danish fashion in 2011. Missing the event in Feb was fair enough because of the twins but what was her excuse in August?

Thirdly I notice that one again it seems that they are not meeting any American dignitaries, politicians etc. Why keep visiting the same places if you are not going to meet with other VIPs? It seems silly to do so.

ITA. Although with Swedish and Norwegian "heads of state", they may get some attention. By themselves, they can't even open door to the major's office in NYC, what's their chance of getting Danish designs and fashion noticed in NY?
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »

Why would you go to a country who is having its own financial difficulty to promote yourself to? Huh?
they are way too busy trying to save themselves.
Why not go to emerging economies to promote Danish everything, to give yourself a toe hold? Blink
I agree, G.

The DRF seems to have a very narrow world view IMO and when they do visit the emerging economies like China and Brazil they send Joachim. Overall he does a better job but it's sending a very loud and clear signal to those countries that they do no warrant a visit from te CP couple.  Roll Eyes

JMO.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »

Well Mary is going for the shopping we know that. I am looking forward to this visit because the dishing is always so much fun when they come stateside.
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 12:27:17 PM »

Laughing Laughing

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:45 PM »

To the Scandinavian gala dinner Sweden and Norway are sending the kings and queens, no MM or Victoria  Sad

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 12:42:24 PM »

Thank you Smiley   Star

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: