Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crown Prince visit to New York (Again!): October 20-25th  (Read 89390 times)
boof

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »

........these artificially plumped........

Totally off post topic, but you must be referring to the ones between her legs (hence man stride/stance), because the ones on her face are thin and flat from being pursed and puckered up like a cats ass all the time.

Now, regarding this 3rd trip to NYC to promote ANYTHING Danish, imagree with L_S.....I don't understand why either.  Maybe they think 3rd times a charm?  And, to label it for fashion and other textiles....well that is a total joke.  As some people have already pointed out Mary wears Danish fashion so seldom, Prada so often, that anyone who didn't know who she was (majority of the world, anyone?) would think she was a patron of the ITALIAN fashion industry.  in a way I guess she is........which is utterly disgusting, considering her position in the Danish royal house.

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

I agree.  If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to press the ignore button.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 12:58:26 PM »

Off to the US? Mary must have decided she'll have to keep pumping out unwanted kids to keep her position, and is having to space them more closely. If she allows a three-year interval, she'll be out on her 'ear! Baby no. 5 - July 2012!

Mrs Soprano

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »

Off to the US? Mary must have decided she'll have to keep pumping out unwanted kids to keep her position, and is having to space them more closely. If she allows a three-year interval, she'll be out on her 'ear! Baby no. 5 - July 2012!

I was thinking the exact same thing! Star Dr Geldstein is clearing his appointments as we speak.  Secret
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »

I was thinking the exact same thing! Star Dr Geldstein is clearing his appointments as we speak.  Secret
Beer
divinemiss

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »

Have they no self respect?? Why are they putting themselves through this ordeal?? (Other than, of course, to give us something to laugh at?) America isn't interested..and Fred and Mary don't have what it takes as a couple of change that opinion or make any kind of positive impact on the scale that would matter and make this trip worthwhile so WHY WHY WHY??

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »

Because Mary want a shopping trip and fool herself that she's important. Possibly she's also desperate to go to as many English speaking places as possible and be surrounded by people she understand... aaand there's the Kate threat.

joys54

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »

Because Mary want a shopping trip and fool herself that she's important. Possibly she's also desperate to go to as many English speaking places as possible and be surrounded by people she understand... aaand there's the Kate threat.
ITA with all your points Harley, Star but I think it's mostly the Kate thing...she saw how they were welcomed and revered and in her delusional mind, that is what will happen with them!!!!  What a sad, sad thing after you've read about your budget problems due in large part to your greed, and then you have to screw your countrymen even further by making them pay for your ego-seeking trip! Real mad
Odette
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 06:46:27 PM »

Joie, Divine, Harley, Hester and Mrs. Soprano all my sentiments exactly  Champagne Star

She has zero connection to New York, and I speculate they don't want her, really.  She has nothing to offer in terms of accomplishment, cause, or heritage.  Her princessing skills are non-existent, and finally she has not embraced Denmark to make it her own.

Too greedy, too busy having kids, too much Prada, and too much of herself (in Fu**ed up Mushie-World)

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »

No one cares because they are not interesting, and unfortunately, Denmark is too small to make it on to NY'ers radar screen.  No
When I was there, I always had to say "neighbor to Sweden" and then people would know what I was talking about.  Cry

Denmark is not too small  Hug
Their interest in geography is too small  Halo

Thank you Smiley   Star

No probelm  Wink  Star
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 11:56:04 PM »

No one cares because they are not interesting, and unfortunately, Denmark is too small to make it on to NY'ers radar screen.  No
When I was there, I always had to say "neighbor to Sweden" and then people would know what I was talking about.  Cry

Denmark is not too small  Hug
Their interest in geography is too small  Halo

I appreciate the support, but actually, the New Yorkers I met were better versed in European geography than I was  Blush

I used to work a lot with Eastern and Central Europe and I was amazed at how many fellow Danes had no clue about where those countries were and they are right on our doorstep, accesible by a 1 hour plane ride.

So I won't fault the Americans for the fact that Denmark is not a brand name there. IMO, it only shows how little impact Royals actually have on a country's image where they are just figureheads. Of all the trips the DRF have taken over the years and no one still knows us??? What a waste they should just save their money and stay home.
Eliza B

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 12:58:37 AM »

Once again F&M are visiting New York and once again I don't see the point.

Firstly isn't this their 3rd visit as part of a trade delegation? Surely, the fact that they need to make repetitive trips to the same place for the same purpose means that each visit is not working. Clearly they are just not doing a good enough job "selling" Denmark to the US and need to look at changing their tactics.

Secondly I notice that part of official press release says they want to "raise awareness of Danish creativity in design and fasion". I'm assuming that they are linking that to Mary's patronage of CIFF. However, how can she be promoting Danish design in New York when she doesn't even do that in Denmark? She has missed the last 2 CIFF events and considering it's a bi-annual event that mean she has done NOTHING to officially promote Danish fashion in 2011. Missing the event in Feb was fair enough because of the twins but what was her excuse in August?

Thirdly I notice that one again it seems that they are not meeting any American dignitaries, politicians etc. Why keep visiting the same places if you are not going to meet with other VIPs? It seems silly to do so.

Her absences to CIFF is laughable at this point.  To go to NYC to promote Danish fashion when you don't even do it in Denmark is a massive joke.

Plus, if they wanted to promote FASHION - October is one month too late.  September has NY Fashion Week, and Fashion Charity events.  Imagine that: pictures of Mary trying to hob-knob with Anna Wintour and get Danish designers in Vogue.  Classic.  I doubt Anna would do more then give her signature icy glare.
Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 01:23:33 AM »

She has zero connection to New York

Of course she does, all four of her sproglets were concieved in dishes in NYC!

Oh wait, given as she has no connection to said children...right you were, Miss O - no connection to New York whatsoever  Roll Eyes
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 03:13:07 AM »

I expect Ambrrrrrrrr is meeting up with Mary for another road trip ...
Mrs Soprano

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 04:12:52 AM »

"Root" 66, I dare say!   
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 05:26:09 AM »

"Root" 66, I dare say!   

Star

What is their obession with New York?  It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: