Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schaumburg-Lippe  (Read 20350 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2020, 10:31:33 AM »

Alexander and Nadja divorced in 2018 and now he plans to marry his gf Mahkameh Navabi, a pianist who seems to adapt to 'schlosslife' rather  well.
When asked if he kneeled to propose, he replied 'well at my age (61) you don't know if you will get up again'.

Looking forward to another set of fun pics of another 'noble' German wedding - Tiaras! Horrible Von-und-Zu dress sense! Bless-their-hearts ugly cousins!

Would that be Alexander's 3rd wife then?

Yes.

German Wiki even writes that his first wife (Marie Louise of Sayn-Wittgenstein) will be one of the bridesmaids. They divorced in 2002 and have a son together, who will be best man at the upcoming wedding.

With Nadja he has two daughters.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 11:32:04 AM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2020, 11:30:51 AM »

Just calculating.....his 1st wife was ca 13 a 14 years younger, the 2nd was ca. 16 a 17 years younger and bride to be is ca. 23 a 24 years younger.....

He seems to have a good relationship with his 1st wife, even after divorce
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2020, 11:33:56 AM »

Just calculating.....his 1st wife was ca 13 a 14 years younger, the 2nd was ca. 16 a 17 years younger and bride to be is ca. 23 a 24 years younger.....

I guess enough time has elapsed since 2002 for them to think it over. Plus wife to be is clearly not the reason for their divorce.

So 1 and 3 can actually built a good relationship with eachother.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2020, 03:44:06 PM »

No. 2 wasn't the reason for the divorce, either, from what I vaguely recall.  I think No. 1 was pretty arranged, as Lily is a Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, 2nd cousin or so with Gustav.  So the proper background.  Did her duty, bore a son, and now is footloose and fancy free.
desertrose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2020, 09:51:28 PM »

Heinrich Donatus's campaign video for president of the student association at Hult International Business School:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-0akTh5NQ
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2020, 12:18:49 AM »

Albert Wolfgang was Count of Schaumburg-Lippe from 1728 to 1748. In 1743 he joined Empress Maria Theresa of Austria and Schaumburg-Lippe led during the War of the Austrian Succession.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2021, 12:16:03 AM »

In November 1918 Prince Adolf of Schaumburg-Lippe was the second last reigning German monarch to abdicate.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2021, 12:07:11 PM »

In November 1918 Prince Adolf of Schaumburg-Lippe was the second last reigning German monarch to abdicate.

That's very interesting. Thumb up

Do you happen to know, who was the first and last one?
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2021, 03:01:17 AM »

Duke Ernest Augustus was the first to abdicate.   
The last to abdicate was King William II of Wurttemberg.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2021, 11:19:33 AM »

Thank you Star
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2021, 11:32:01 PM »

Thank you Star

Kristallinchen, You are welcome!  St. Patricks Day St. Patricks Day St. Patricks Day
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2021, 10:35:44 PM »

Schaumburg-Lippe joined the Confederation of the Rhine on December 15, 1807 and was raised to a principality. Count Georg Wilhelm became the first Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2021, 01:41:58 PM »

I guess enough time has elapsed since 2002 for them to think it over. Plus wife to be is clearly not the reason for their divorce.

I know someone who is/ was friends with the first wife. According to her Lilly Sayn Wittgenstein seemed to be very friendly and easy going, lots of friends, very fun loving, good network of interesting people. She is a typical "upper class kid". If I recall it right: Aristocratic background, very posh private schooling, very sheltered, no academic interest and she was 20 when she got married (and he was 14 year older). More to please her parents and because she thought that was what society expected of her. Bit of a Diana/ Charles story without the sad parts.

She then got a bit bored in the castle, the representation, the "boring jobs", the countryside. She had given birth to the heir when she was very young and was craving for "life". Bascially she had done everything what was expected of her by the age of 21 and then got bored in "everyday life" and did not want to carry on for the next six decades like that. She basically grew up after she was married and realized that the life she led was not the life she wanted.  

There was a second pregnancy announcement that just faded (no idea what happened there), she was partying hard (often with her husband with her, but she was clearly the "wild part" and I think they both realized that her gist for life and excitement and the rather conservative castle life was drifting apart from what was demanded of her so they seperated. First they tried and make it work - I remember a TV report that she stayed fit by using roller scates (THE thing) in the castle garden/ park, talking really friendly to everyone she met. There was never any talk of cheating, or improper behaviour, she did not want to hurt anyone, she just wanted way more fun/ excitement than her role gave her.  

AFAIK there were never any hard feelings or openly discussed differences. It was just she moved to Munich because she was a modern city girl not suited for boring life in the castle. I think they were never madly in love, it was more a "very well suited" story as they were both from important aristocratic families and her family seemed to have thought that she "would grow into her role". My friend said that she was a bit "shallow" but always very friendly, never "posh" or arrogant and just one of these "spoilt" upper class kids who never really had to worry about bringing bread and butter on the table. So AFAIK the split was friendly, they just realized one day that her gist for life and what he was looking for in a wife was more and more clashing and he re-married a more conservative woman in the hope it would be easier to settle down.

As he has been married quite a few times now you can imagine he might not be the easiest person to be married to - or the reasons Lilly gave might not be everything that went wrong. But she was nobody for airing dirty laundry, they made sure they appeared as pleasant as possible to each other (in public) while breaking up.  

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2021, 08:51:36 AM »

I know someone who is/ was friends with the first wife. According to her Lilly Sayn Wittgenstein seemed to be very friendly and easy going, lots of friends, very fun loving, good network of interesting people. She is a typical "upper class kid". If I recall it right: Aristocratic background, very posh private schooling, very sheltered, no academic interest and she was 20 when she got married (and he was 14 year older). More to please her parents and because she thought that was what society expected of her. Bit of a Diana/ Charles story without the sad parts.

She then got a bit bored in the castle, the representation, the "boring jobs", the countryside. She had given birth to the heir when she was very young and was craving for "life". Bascially she had done everything what was expected of her by the age of 21 and then got bored in "everyday life" and did not want to carry on for the next six decades like that. She basically grew up after she was married and realized that the life she led was not the life she wanted.  

There was a second pregnancy announcement that just faded (no idea what happened there), she was partying hard (often with her husband with her, but she was clearly the "wild part" and I think they both realized that her gist for life and excitement and the rather conservative castle life was drifting apart from what was demanded of her so they seperated. First they tried and make it work - I remember a TV report that she stayed fit by using roller scates (THE thing) in the castle garden/ park, talking really friendly to everyone she met. There was never any talk of cheating, or improper behaviour, she did not want to hurt anyone, she just wanted way more fun/ excitement than her role gave her.  

AFAIK there were never any hard feelings or openly discussed differences. It was just she moved to Munich because she was a modern city girl not suited for boring life in the castle. I think they were never madly in love, it was more a "very well suited" story as they were both from important aristocratic families and her family seemed to have thought that she "would grow into her role". My friend said that she was a bit "shallow" but always very friendly, never "posh" or arrogant and just one of these "spoilt" upper class kids who never really had to worry about bringing bread and butter on the table. So AFAIK the split was friendly, they just realized one day that her gist for life and what he was looking for in a wife was more and more clashing and he re-married a more conservative woman in the hope it would be easier to settle down.

As he has been married quite a few times now you can imagine he might not be the easiest person to be married to - or the reasons Lilly gave might not be everything that went wrong. But she was nobody for airing dirty laundry, they made sure they appeared as pleasant as possible to each other (in public) while breaking up.  

Thank you very much for this interesting view / story
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: