Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Czech nobility  (Read 7997 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 03:40:01 PM »

Elisabeth did marry Otto von Windisch-Grätz. But they eventually separated and divorced after having four children and many affairs (for both sides). Then she married one of her lovers. She had quite an agitated life  Grin being nicknamed 'the Red ArchDuchess'...

Elisabeth (Erzsi) met her second husband, Leopold Petznek, at  Social Democratic Party (which she joined in 1921). Erzsi and Otto were already separate in 1918 (after a troubled marriage and both partners open in having mutual affairs). But after a long process, especially with regard to custody of the 4 children, it only became official in 1924. In 1929 Erzsi bought a villa in Vienna, where she lived with Petznek for the next 20 years. Petznek was married (with one so), his wife died in a psychiatric hospital in Mauer-Ohling in 1935.

Erzsi formally divorced Prince Otto in early 1948, and on 4 May 1948 she and Leopold married in a registry office in Vienna.

Petznek died in July 1956 from a heart attack. Elisabeth, who was wheelchair-bound much of the time due to gout, bred German Shepherds, but became reclusive until her death in 1963.

Erzsi reminds me a bit of Willy of Wales. She was also a spoilt brat and her grandfather allowed her everything mainly, because he felt quilty for what she had to (supposedly) endure in childhood. Erzsi had neither a good relationship with her mother - whose second marriage to a mere Count she doomed beneath her (mind you, when even FJ himself was happy for Stephanie finding someone again) - nor with her children.
During the 1920ies and 30ies, when they weren't able to get work and were basically starving she didn't lift a finger to help them. Not surprisingly the most harsh biography of Erzsi comes from her daughter-in-law Ghislaine d'Arschot.

When her mother wanted to publish her memories, Erzsi had them banned.

She and her husband already lived separated long before the fall of the monarchy, they just couldn't make it officially as long as the Empire prevailed. There's even a story of Erzsi coming home once and finding her husband and another woman in bed, firing a pistol at both of them. Luckily nothing happened.

When she died she had become totally estranged from her wider family and children, leaving the Gemeinde Wien her fortune, while her surviving children only got the legal portion.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I'm actually happy that we had male preference succession at that time or else Erzsi would've been Empress.  Nerves
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 03:53:52 PM »

Still Erzsi is and was an interesting character. Indeed a spoilt brat, who took an weird course in life. Perhaps she also inherited a bit of the Wittelsbach (and Belgian) mental issues.

It was rumoured the Belgian court saw Erzsi as a potential partner for Albert (the later Albert I). Erszi was a granddaughter of king Leopold II, the uncle of Albert. but King Leopold II violently disapproved of Erzsi's mother's recent morganatic marriage to Count Lonyay, and he refused to give Albert his permission. Albert's sister Henriette was horrified at her brother's choice, feeling Elisabeth's background was too unstable for the marriage to be a success.

Albert later married another Elisabeth, a remote cousin of Erzsi,  Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria. Duchess Elisabeth was a daughter of Karl-Theodor, Duke in Bavaria, who in his turn was a younger brother of Empress Elisabeth (Erzsi's grandmother).

Another rumour was that the Austrian court saw Erzsi as a potential partner for crownprince Wilhelm of Germany (oldest son of Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany)

By the way with regard to the topic we are currently way off topic. Perhaps for those interested we can create a Red  Archduchess or Erzsi topic. And go back to Czech nobility in this one Wink Smiley
Solo One

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 02:30:46 AM »

Thanks everyone who replied. Okay, I see the name is Bohemian. Thank you, Princepessa! I have the name. Banana

Now I am wondering which one was THE name Smiley

Hi, Principessa! I don't feel comfortable sharing the name for a myriad of reasons, but I will say the young noble and my niece attend the same university.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 10:56:08 AM »

Thanks everyone who replied. Okay, I see the name is Bohemian. Thank you, Princepessa! I have the name. Banana

Now I am wondering which one was THE name Smiley

Hi, Principessa! I don't feel comfortable sharing the name for a myriad of reasons, but I will say the young noble and my niece attend the same university.

Clear Smiley

Apparently the same university in the US I assume.
Solo One

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 05:10:21 AM »

Yes, they both attend the same university in the U.S. From what I gather from my sister, they both really like one another--but they both are young. Time will tell.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »

If the Czech Republic became a monarchy, which dynasty would provide the sovereign?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 11:42:55 PM »

If you take the Czech republic with it's borders as is right now, the House of Schwarzenberg would provide a ruler. At this moment they have a still living "prince", a member of the high nobility of Bohemia.  Roll Eyes

Karl, 12th Prince of Schwarzenberg, current head of the House of Schwarzenberg, on both primogenic marjorats (lines). His full title "is" His Serene Highness The 12th Prince of Schwarzenberg (First Majorat) and 7th Prince of Schwarzenberg (Second Majorat), Count of Sulz, Princely Landgrave in Klettgau, Duke of Krumlov. He was the minister of Foreign Affairs in the Czech Republic, now retired.

CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 10:30:41 PM »

In 1628 Albrecht von Waldstein was one of the first among the Bohemian nobility to be promoted to Graf (count) status. In 1630 he was promoted to Reichsgraf (imperial count).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: