Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William's Tribute to His Mom  (Read 1866 times)
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2008, 03:27:45 AM »

This is so sweet of him.  I am so proud of him for so boldly, yet quietly honoring his mother.  Both boys should be proud of themselves.  They do honor their mother in their own way.  And I hope they continue to do so, particularly in issuing a post humous HRH to Diana.  Nope, Diana's memory will not fade away.  Although her title and ultimately her life were taken, her memory won't be.

Prince William's tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales
http://www.telegraph.co.u...a,-Princess-of-Wales.html
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:35:49 AM by Charlotte » Logged

sj007

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 04:06:56 AM »

Thanks for finding & posting this Charlotte! 

What a wonderful gesture made by William.  The fact that the British roayls don't include maternal symbols, but William insisted on using the one representing the Spencer family coat of arms says a lot.  I'm sure he was missing Diana heavily when he was awarded the 1000th Knight of the Garter.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 04:32:11 AM »

I have a question...because I went down a Youtube rabbit hole.

Some photos have confusing descriptions.

"final resting place"

"gravesite"

but then it says: "The area she was buried in is an ornamental lake known as The Oval, located within Althorp Park's Pleasure Garden. There, you can find an arboretum where Diana and her loved ones, including her sons, had all planted trees."

So, Diana's Memorial situated on the edge of the oval lake can be visited by people, but the actual island, where the urn stands cannot (only by family)

Is the pilar with the urn then something like a headstone, and she is buried on the artificial island?

emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »

"final resting place"

"gravesite"

but then it says: "The area she was buried in is an ornamental lake known as The Oval, located within Althorp Park's Pleasure Garden. There, you can find an arboretum where Diana and her loved ones, including her sons, had all planted trees."

So, Diana's Memorial situated on the edge of the oval lake can be visited by people, but the actual island, where the urn stands cannot (only by family)

Is the pilar with the urn then something like a headstone, and she is buried on the artificial island?

From what I understand, yes thats correct. She is buried on the island, and the pillar with the urn is a marker. The pavillion on the shore is the public memorial. Maybe the use of “gravesite” is meant to denote it as a place to pay respects.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »

Hester, by now you really should know that Harry is O/T.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 01:41:10 PM »

Hester, by now you really should know that Harry is O/T.

Oh, sorry, he was mentioned in a post (not deleted) and I thought it warranted a factual antidote!
Gemsheal

Large Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 02:28:27 PM »

I can't see the article (paywall) are there other links to news about this that someone can post? 

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 09:20:51 PM »

"final resting place"

"gravesite"

From what I understand, yes thats correct. She is buried on the island, and the pillar with the urn is a marker. The pavillion on the shore is the public memorial. Maybe the use of “gravesite” is meant to denote it as a place to pay respects.

thanks for explaining/confirming, emtishell  Star

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: