Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 734   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1599876 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10830 on: February 16, 2020, 02:28:51 PM »

They could spin it where "he requests" that he's allowed to ditch the HRH The Prince...it would be a hard spin but might be possible.  Sadly the more that comes out the less likely that the girls can also maintain their Princess and palace homes.  No they aren't guilty of his actions but if every time they're mentioned someone brings up their parents...well that's not marketable nor fair to them.  The articles floating the girls as working royals, no doubt encouraged by Andrew and Sarah, have not been well received.

Best thing would be for the wedding to be the families curtain call and after it's over for all of them to fade into obscurity.  Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie all ditch their HRH (from the girls it will read as putting their private lives first), for Sarah to lose her Duchess and be Ms. Sarah Ferguson, for the girls to move out of palace accommodation into something suitable in London, for any supporting roles for the girls to be limited to the grandest of royal events, and for Andrew to be off all public guest lists permanently.  Be included in private but public roles are closed for good.

The only effective way to bury the stain is to bury the whole family.  I know others don't agree and that's fine but this is my view and I'm sticking to it.

Sins of the father visited upon the children. In the current climate of defections and service terminations, the BRF needs the York sisters more than they need the BRF. It might be better for their sanity to step away from the BRF. They had vitriol heaped upon them when their parents just seemed vulgar. Now that their father is downright disgusting, will anyone give them a chance? They are also the victims .. of circumstance.

The last thing the BRF should be doing is adding to the working roster and thinking about the vitriol that has been heaped upon the girls since childhood it would only get worse.  Should even one be a working royal it would be terrible for them.  They would be the public focus of all the backlash from their parents actions.  I can practically see it now...every article about an engagement ending with an essay about how she stepped up after her father was forced to retire.  By all means need them on a personal level but on a professional...no way.

When I mention the girls ditching their titles and moving out of palace accommodation while yes a part of it is the fact that the whole family needs to go, a far larger part is the survival of the BRF and thinking about everything the girls have been an probably will be put through.  Think about the biggest criticism the girls face...appearing to live luxurious lives on the taxpayer dime and the backlash everytime their parents plant stories about the wonder of the York princesses.  By giving up two things they can remove a large amount of ammo used against them.  And these are two things that frankly don't really matter to their health and happiness. 

Think about it...should the all the troublemakers be truly stripped of their HRH then we will see articles questions why the girls are the only other grandchildren besides the future king that have royal styles and articles asking why the girls still have royal styles when their father doesn't.  Since college there has been backlash that taxpayer money was used to renovate housing for the girls.  As all the public are given is that they pay "market rent" that criticism hasn't gone away...especially when article call their home "luxurious".  A change of style and housing (to something as comparable as possible) would not affect their relationships within the family, their private lives, the future their children can expect, their employment, anything...all it would do is remove ammo used against them.  Never again would they have to suffer articles encouraging criticism over their "luxurious" palace accommodation or encouraging criticism at the thought of them being working royals.

It would also be one of the first very public step to slimming down the monarchy.  The BRF is at a tipping point, or at least speeding to a tipping point, and while actions should not be done to "hurt" members of the family, the primary motivation of various actions should be focused on the reform and longevity of the family as a whole.  Should the BRF continue to make mistakes and sentiment towards them continue to decrease then they all stand to loss a lot more that just titles and a palace address.
Queen’s Tea

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10831 on: February 16, 2020, 03:01:52 PM »

I don’t see how so few people can sustain all the engagements, patronages, and so on that need to be maintained.  Unless those engagements are dropped to a large  degree, there’s no way Charles and fam can do it on their own.  That’s why all the talk of Bea and Eug picking up some of the work.  I’m fine with that.  They didn’t do anything wrong.  And after a time, all the crap being printed about their parents will diminish.  As long as the girls legitimately work, the criticism would be minimal imo.  They need to earn their keep.  Right now they’re getting a pretty good life without a ton expected of them in return.   
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10832 on: February 16, 2020, 03:32:48 PM »

Unfortunately I view the way the BRF currently functions as impractical and unsustainable.  For me there’s very little logic in have working members outside of the Sovereign, future sovereigns, and their consorts.  Heck yes it will be a very different BRF but different isn’t always a bad thing. 
Lemon drizzle

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10833 on: February 16, 2020, 04:14:32 PM »

I agree. I think Charles has very definite ideas of changes he wants to introduce when he's king. Do we really need so mant royal tours and visits. They cost a ridiculous  amount of money. The RF has to become more cost effective and efficient and move with the times
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10834 on: February 16, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »

I am quite sure that he did have a plan. But that plan just blew up. 2 that were expected to participate have buggered off. Beatrice and Eugenie are next in proximity and at an age where they can start immediately. The Wessex kids will be too young for at least 7 years before Louise could be expected to really do anything. And I agree, there's no way they can do all those patronages and engagements with the existing team for any length of time. They cant just add to Anne and Ed and Sophie. Especially after DoE and/or QE dies.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10835 on: February 16, 2020, 05:26:20 PM »

There is actually an opportunity now for Beatrice to step into a full time royal role assuming that is what she wants. I am not convinced Eugenie wants it she has her art world life and career. But Charles will need support now that his second son has stepped away. It could be a good bargaining chip for Charles to have Beatrice in exchange for Andrew going away. Beatrice has been nothing but delightful and charming in her limited royal engagements why not capitalize on her happiness and new marriage. She could learn a lot more under Uncle Charles than Daddy.
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10836 on: February 16, 2020, 05:49:36 PM »

There is actually an opportunity now for Beatrice to step into a full time royal role assuming that is what she wants. I am not convinced Eugenie wants it she has her art world life and career. But Charles will need support now that his second son has stepped away. It could be a good bargaining chip for Charles to have Beatrice in exchange for Andrew going away. Beatrice has been nothing but delightful and charming in her limited royal engagements why not capitalize on her happiness and new marriage. She could learn a lot more under Uncle Charles than Daddy.

I think both girls would be a huge asset.  They look engaged and know the protocol.  The other stalwarts the Duke of Kent & Princess Alexandra aren’t getting any younger either.  The 2 princesses could take on a role perhaps share staff with other minor Royals, be paid expenses or a per diem - they would be an asset IMO.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #10837 on: February 16, 2020, 05:55:20 PM »

If this is what they want, and they would be so good at it, they need to prove they can do the job.  Actually, any job.

The Yorkies have been given multiple opportunities to show their mettle and industriousness.  They choose not to, instead vacationing ad-nauseum while they wait for the gift of a public role. 

Past behavior illustrates future potential.  I wouldn't hire them.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10838 on: February 16, 2020, 06:01:45 PM »

I am quite sure that he did have a plan. But that plan just blew up. 2 that were expected to participate have buggered off. Beatrice and Eugenie are next in proximity and at an age where they can start immediately. The Wessex kids will be too young for at least 7 years before Louise could be expected to really do anything. And I agree, there's no way they can do all those patronages and engagements with the existing team for any length of time. They cant just add to Anne and Ed and Sophie. Especially after DoE and/or QE dies.

agree - can imagine that B&E will be roped in even if just for a few years, they may of course have Mat leave etc and not be available all the time etc.

Can't rely on Duke of K, Duke & Duchess of G, Pss Alexandra etc for ever
Queen’s Tea

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #10839 on: February 16, 2020, 06:04:16 PM »

If this is what they want, and they would be so good at it, they need to prove they can do the job.  Actually, any job.

The Yorkies have been given multiple opportunities to show their mettle and industriousness.  They choose not to, instead vacationing ad-nauseum while they wait for the gift of a public role. 

Actually, I think they got the message they largely weren’t wanted in an official capacity.  
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #10840 on: February 16, 2020, 06:25:26 PM »

I partly agree with you and Bunnyette above. They could be a good asset and they're definitely needed. Let's face it Will and Kate at the least will need some help (the most by the time C and C are gone too).

However they need to face it that they've to grow up for this. Will is a good example, how hard it can be, but he managed and I think if Bea and Eug would try they could as well.

However I think the press also needs to recognize them as their own persons not just as daughters of A and F and they need to act like grown up women and not hide behind a title.
Nappyolean

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #10841 on: February 16, 2020, 06:59:16 PM »

If they bring in the Yorkies, would it be just the women, or their husbands too? Married ins seem to have trouble adjusting to the media scrutiny. Also, both Yorkies are probably going to be starting families and will want to be with their children, not engagements. I imagine the next 5 years we will see a few baby Yorkies. That means more time off for maternity, etc.
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #10842 on: February 16, 2020, 07:08:09 PM »

Doesn't Eugenie have a full-time job? If so, she may not want to give that up to do royal duties. Bea, on the other hand, doesn't do anything but party and vacation. I doubt she'll be able to step and fill in Anne's shoes once she retires.

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10843 on: February 16, 2020, 10:17:21 PM »

Unfortunately I view the way the BRF currently functions as impractical and unsustainable.  For me there’s very little logic in have working members outside of the Sovereign, future sovereigns, and their consorts.  Heck yes it will be a very different BRF but different isn’t always a bad thing.  

I agree.  I think that slimming down the working BRF to just the monarch and the future sovereigns and their consorts would be a good compromise to bring it up to date with the modern world and take account of modern views.  The main role of the monarch is head of state, and a country does need a head of state.  I personally believe that a head of state should be someone with an exemplary work record and appropriate disposition who fills the position after a selection process.   However the Brits are used to having a hereditary head of state and their system is used to supporting one, and there are some arguments in favour such as stability, continuity, and cute, tourist-attracting entertainments, so it is justifiable.  But I think it is only justifiable these days for the sovereign and future sovereigns in the family to be full time working royals.  Second and subsequent children should all be brought up expecting to have careers outside the RF.  
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10844 on: February 18, 2020, 02:35:23 PM »

Laughing   ROFL  just read in the DM, no one wants to be seen going to pedoprince's birthday party.  They're having to invite z listers and kidnap people off the street! 

Champagne  here's hoping it's his worse birthday EVER! and next year we no longer have to suffer seeing this low life piece of shit in any form or fashion

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 734   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: