Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 734   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1600630 times)
Curtains

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10845 on: February 18, 2020, 04:07:29 PM »

There is actually an opportunity now for Beatrice to step into a full time royal role assuming that is what she wants. I am not convinced Eugenie wants it she has her art world life and career. But Charles will need support now that his second son has stepped away. It could be a good bargaining chip for Charles to have Beatrice in exchange for Andrew going away. Beatrice has been nothing but delightful and charming in her limited royal engagements why not capitalize on her happiness and new marriage. She could learn a lot more under Uncle Charles than Daddy.

I didnít think about that (the bolded). Itís pretty potent.   Both Andrew AND Fergie go away - no appearances, no HRH (Andrew) no The Duke & ďNot TheĒ Duchess.

Charles, are you listening?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 04:15:30 PM by Curtains » Logged

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #10846 on: February 18, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »

The family has been self pruning in the last year, and adjustments will have to be made. If they were to take on royal duties, both Bea and Eugenie have the skills and talents needed. Theyíve also been loyal to the family. I do not think Jack and Edo would accompany their spouses to engagements, like Tim Laurence, weíd see them only on certain occasions.

Charles may have wanted a slimmed down monarchy, but heís also grown smart enough to know that QEIIís passing will be a big change in and of itself. Heíll likely not make too many alterations right off. When the Kents and Gloucesters decide to retire, heíll have to gauge public attitude and the desires of their patronages as to replacements. There are also Williamís wishes to consider. He really should have a say as to the future composition of the family.

Do what you can, where you are, with what youíve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #10847 on: February 18, 2020, 05:00:05 PM »

There is actually an opportunity now for Beatrice to step into a full time royal role assuming that is what she wants. I am not convinced Eugenie wants it she has her art world life and career. But Charles will need support now that his second son has stepped away. It could be a good bargaining chip for Charles to have Beatrice in exchange for Andrew going away. Beatrice has been nothing but delightful and charming in her limited royal engagements why not capitalize on her happiness and new marriage. She could learn a lot more under Uncle Charles than Daddy.

Crafty, periwinkle! Lolipop

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." -

Marianne Williamson
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10848 on: February 18, 2020, 08:06:01 PM »

If she could inherit her Dad's title (nice wedding gift from Granny) that would be icing on the cake!
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #10849 on: February 18, 2020, 08:44:26 PM »

If she could inherit her Dad's title (nice wedding gift from Granny) that would be icing on the cake!

Brilliant! The Title of HM's much loved father would then have a shot at redemption.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." -

Marianne Williamson
Lemon drizzle

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10850 on: February 18, 2020, 08:49:01 PM »

That title would be a poisoned chalice for the foreseeable future.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #10851 on: February 18, 2020, 09:01:29 PM »

That title would be a poisoned chalice for the foreseeable future.

Not necessarily, as the first woman of a main BRF line to hold a title in her own right, if marketed correctly could wipe much of the stain off the title.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10852 on: February 18, 2020, 09:10:59 PM »

Let's just start calling her HRH Princess Beatrice, Countess of Inverness and see if it catches on...
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10853 on: February 18, 2020, 09:18:59 PM »

I kind of feel like the title of Duke of York, traditionally reserved for the second son, has played out.

I wonder what QEQM would have made of Andrew being the sod he is.  Since her favorite was Charles, I imagine she would have made short work of Andrew, especially considering that the title of Duke of York was once her husbandís.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10854 on: February 18, 2020, 09:52:06 PM »

I'm sorry to say it but I don't think the Queen Mother would have cared much. She would probably have thought that Andrew is a rogue like royal men have the right to do, and that those girls got what they deserved. From what I read about her, I don't think that empathy for the victims of sexual violence was a priority for her. As long as the facade is kept spotless.... I think she believed in the ius primae noctis more than in the rights of peasant girls who don't want to go along with it.

The idea of giving the title to Beatrice is a brilliant stroke, too brilliant for the powers that work in BP. It would mean the chance of a clean slate. Maybe Beatrice needs more responsibility, not less.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10855 on: February 18, 2020, 09:58:52 PM »

I would absolutely love and fully support, Bea becoming The Duchess of York in her own right.

As for going full time, at this point, I donít think itís warranted but I would support both Bea and Eug doing engagements as needed.
Lemon drizzle

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10856 on: February 18, 2020, 10:33:21 PM »

Well Andrew would have to die before Beatrice could become Duchess of York in her own right
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10857 on: February 18, 2020, 11:56:49 PM »

Well Andrew would have to die before Beatrice could become Duchess of York in her own right

I think one could live with that ;-)

Oh no, seriously, I wish nothing bad upon anyone. If I was Fate, my plan would be: 1. proper investigations not only against Andrew but ALL the suspects in the Epstein circle. 2. stripping Andrew of his title if he is guilty. 3. renewing the title with Beatrice.

But as I'm not Fate... things will just drag on unsatisfactorily.

Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10858 on: February 19, 2020, 12:00:25 AM »

Well, yes. Natural causes and all that.

But, Iím okay with that if Iím being honest.

🤷🏻‍♀️

ETA: Before anyone gets worked up, Iím not wishing death on the man. Just if he trips and hits his head and something happens from there, I wouldnít be torn up about it.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #10859 on: February 19, 2020, 12:14:20 AM »

I'm not sure what gifting Bea the York title would do?

If she was a hard worker, it would be a joyous thing.  A title well deserved and earned for diligence and commitment.

Since she's not, it's just gifting privilege to someone who waited.  And skis.  Bravo.

And thinks her dad is great, so there is no break / severing from the taint of Andrew.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:19:40 AM by freethespoon » Logged

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 734   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: