Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 734   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1599875 times)
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10875 on: February 20, 2020, 06:55:13 AM »

I went on their website - small world, Harry's former BFF Tom Inskip is a C-level executive (based in DC).
Bea is on the NYC team as VP Partners.
duchesschicana

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10876 on: February 20, 2020, 06:40:56 PM »

She's been their VP for Partnerships and Strategy since 2017ish.  I have no clue what that means but it's supposably a full-time job.  On their website they have her listed out of their NYC office, in The Chrysler Building, and while they have offices everywhere it is interesting how much time she still spends in London.  Or at least you'd think she's in London a lot what with maintaining her own apartment at St James's and of course Edo being based in London.

It's the cynic in me but I can't understand how you would balance a "real" job based in NYC (one that appears involve travel all over the world, at that) with a marriage based in London.

I would also be a bit worried about royals carrying out such high profile overseas trips for private companies.  It's one thing if she was working for the FCO but she's not and of course she was probably hired based on being a Princess.  You really can't mix the two, which is why I push for one or the other...if she's not going to be a working royal then she shouldn't be HRH Princess because it appears that a private company is able to benefit off her title.

She's been there since 2016. Most of recent Affiiniti events seem more  London based with. more recently in the USA and that pakistan one. Here is a bit more info on her explaining her role there and the programe she runs for  affiniti on  Women in tech. https://hrhprincessbeatri...com/2018/11/interview.pdf To be fair she doesnt use HRH on her work profile, she goess by Beatrice  York but they do seem to like showing they have a princess, to me she also seems like a face/representive of Affiniti, why else hire a princess if ya cant show her off a bit Tongue  She does tours with the franks family foundation and we know thts not done on behalf of the monarchy. shrugs.

A bit off topic but I noticed the franks family foundation filled for her in 2019 to be director/representive role I  also expect more events involving them.  and that her Outwardbound director/ trsutee role is also still active
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 07:00:08 PM by duchesschicana » Logged
Gemsheal

Mini Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #10877 on: February 22, 2020, 04:43:06 PM »

https://www.theguardian.c...o-fbi-about-epstein-video

😁  However, I don't think it will have an effect on Andrew.  I think he will have to talk to the FBI eventually but will continue to drag his feet doing so.

I wonder what this cost, and who ponied up the dough? 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #10878 on: February 22, 2020, 04:58:48 PM »

https://www.theguardian.c...o-fbi-about-epstein-video

😁  However, I don't think it will have an effect on Andrew.  I think he will have to talk to the FBI eventually but will continue to drag his feet doing so.

I wonder what this cost, and who ponied up the dough? 

Gloria Allred is a celebrity lawyer of sorts, so she's got plenty to cover the cost of this.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10879 on: February 22, 2020, 05:24:22 PM »

I really can't stand Gloria Allred.  Granted she's done some good work but she's also made a career out of taking the most high profile (and often controversial) cases she can.  Doing so she has made a big name for herself and has been described as "the ambulance chaser of feminism".  She's pretty well known for getting settlements for her clients that include NDAs to silence them...ie she's advised her clients to take money (of which she gets a cut) in return for their silence.  She also opposed a proposed California law that would ban NDAs that silenced victims of sexual sexual harassment or assault.

Basically she's in it to make money and a name for herself...all while screaming feminism.  Dollars to donuts if Andrew (ie the BRF) offered a suitable settlement attached to a gag order, she'd advise her clients to take the money and sign the NDA.  As long as she stays rich and famous.

Her daughter, Lisa Bloom, was part of Harvey Weinstein's legal team and has worked hard to discredit his accusers.  Some of which her mother represented and got settlements (with NDAs) for.

You all can disagree with me but IMVHO Gloria Allred is not in it for the victims or to see Andrew face any consequences.  She's in it for fame and money.  Hence the showboating.
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #10880 on: February 22, 2020, 05:33:40 PM »

I really can't stand Gloria Allred.  Granted she's done some good work but she's also made a career out of taking the most high profile (and often controversial) cases she can.  Doing so she has made a big name for herself and has been described as "the ambulance chaser of feminism".  She's pretty well known for getting settlements for her clients that include NDAs to silence them...ie she's advised her clients to take money (of which she gets a cut) in return for their silence.  She also opposed a proposed California law that would ban NDAs that silenced victims of sexual sexual harassment or assault.

Basically she's in it to make money and a name for herself...all while screaming feminism.  Dollars to donuts if Andrew (ie the BRF) offered a suitable settlement attached to a gag order, she'd advise her clients to take the money and sign the NDA.  As long as she stays rich and famous.

Her daughter, Lisa Bloom, was part of Harvey Weinstein's legal team and has worked hard to discredit his accusers.  Some of which her mother represented and got settlements (with NDAs) for.

You all can disagree with me but IMVHO Gloria Allred is not in it for the victims or to see Andrew face any consequences.  She's in it for fame and money.  Hence the showboating.

Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow hightlights this.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #10881 on: February 25, 2020, 07:44:26 PM »

Hat tip to FC for the picture from the BRF wedding thread.

It's not news, but bear with me as I wander down memory lane.

This was probably the best of Fergie and Andrew - apart from their two daughters, it was all down hill from there. I have to say I did like Fergie's dress. It fitted nicely, had just the right size three quarter length sleeves ending with a point, the bows on the shoulders and a not too full skirt. Lovely pearl necklace and the new tiara. Andrew was pre puffiness and looked good in those days. Sigh. They were favorites back then. Pity it went sideways in so many things.

Do what you can, where you are, with what you’ve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10882 on: February 25, 2020, 08:39:08 PM »

They did look great that day and it was a beautiful wedding.

HMQ looked very happy- and that lovely moment she went dashing off after Prince William!

https://images.app.goo.gl/tYVown3J2PXz8JNA7
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #10883 on: February 25, 2020, 08:43:40 PM »

HMQ looked very happy- and that lovely moment she went dashing off after Prince William!

Laughing

And yes Fergie was a beautiful bride.
karma chamelion

Big Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #10884 on: February 25, 2020, 08:49:19 PM »

Hat tip to FC for the picture from the BRF wedding thread.

It's not news, but bear with me as I wander down memory lane.

This was probably the best of Fergie and Andrew - apart from their two daughters, it was all down hill from there. I have to say I did like Fergie's dress. It fitted nicely, had just the right size three quarter length sleeves ending with a point, the bows on the shoulders and a not too full skirt. Lovely pearl necklace and the new tiara. Andrew was pre puffiness and looked good in those days. Sigh. They were favorites back then. Pity it went sideways in so many things.

ITA with your post. I think Fergie's was my favorite royal wedding dress. I loved all the Navy themes in it, and the bows. She was indeed a breath of fresh air, but only for a brief moment in time. Within a few short months she had managed to lose a lot of peoples' trust and admiration. Little did we know at the time who these two really were, I'm sure their wont of character and integrity played a large part in their rapid fall from grace.

And Aunt Maggie bringing up the rear, she had her sister's back if she needed any assistance. William's seems to not understand why he is being reined in. I think this was the peak for the BRF, it went downhill so badly after this.

We are made of the love of thousands.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10885 on: March 01, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »

How Beatrice the Contessa is marrying into a family much posher than her own: Princess, 31, will gain an Italian title and a palazzo... but why hasn't she met her future father-in-law yet?

Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are set to tie the knot this Spring. Now Edo's father, Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi, has spoken on the marriage. He says the wedding will allow Beatrice to style herself as an Italian 'Contessa'. Beatrice and Edo, 36, count's eldest son, will also inherit family's ancestral seat.

When he walks back up the aisle of the Chapel Royal at St James's this spring, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will have one of the most eligible women in Europe by his side.

For his bride, Princess Beatrice – the elder daughter of the Duke of York and ninth in line to the Throne – the nuptials will be an equally glorious moment. There is no doubt that handsome Edoardo, known as Edo, is a good match for the 31-year-old Princess, with his multi-million-pound fortune and debonair Latin charm.

What is perhaps less well known is that Beatrice is following the most traditional route for Royal marriages by uniting two of the oldest families in Europe. According to historical records, the count's family dates back to 985AD, a time when King Ethelred II was on the throne of England.

'We as a family celebrated 1,000 years in 1985 with unbroken documented archives,' the count says proudly. 'We are one of the only families in Italy to have all the records from that period to today.'

There is such a long bloodline that a distant cousin, Carlotta Mapelli Mozzi Parodi, published a book about the family to celebrate its millennium. Entitled La Famiglia Mapelli Mozzi, it describes how two families derived their names from the towns of Mozzi and Mapelli, ten miles from Bergamo.

The former landowners began a 'rapid social and economic ascent' in the 12th Century through trade and banking, flourishing in the 13th Century as they became some of the most successful merchants in Europe. By 1270, they owned 'majestic palaces' such as the Mozzi Palace in Florence, where Pope Gregory X was lodged three years later.

Lemon drizzle

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #10886 on: March 01, 2020, 09:37:52 PM »

So another royal hadn't met the in-law before marriage. Doesn't Edo want to introduce his fiancee to his father? Very strange behaviour v
Lady G

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #10887 on: March 01, 2020, 09:55:14 PM »

So another royal hadn't met the in-law before marriage. Doesn't Edo want to introduce his fiancee to his father? Very strange behaviour v

I don't think Edo and his father have a close relationship - wasn't he quoted in that article as calling Christopher Shale "the only father he'd ever known"? He named his son after him.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #10888 on: March 01, 2020, 10:19:57 PM »

I don't think Edo and his father have a close relationship - wasn't he quoted in that article as calling Christopher Shale "the only father he'd ever known"? He named his son after him.

I don't think we're able to judge simply based on his father's comments.

Personally I know some families too, were the children have a strained relationship with their parents (and their siblings). And all of them have good reason for it.

Whatever happened between them, is there personal thing. And I don't think it's fair to compare Edo with others.
Gemsheal

Mini Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #10889 on: March 01, 2020, 10:31:13 PM »

How Beatrice the Contessa is marrying into a family much posher than her own: Princess, 31, will gain an Italian title and a palazzo... but why hasn't she met her future father-in-law yet?

Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are set to tie the knot this Spring. Now Edo's father, Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi, has spoken on the marriage. He says the wedding will allow Beatrice to style herself as an Italian 'Contessa'. Beatrice and Edo, 36, count's eldest son, will also inherit family's ancestral seat.

When he walks back up the aisle of the Chapel Royal at St James's this spring, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will have one of the most eligible women in Europe by his side.

For his bride, Princess Beatrice – the elder daughter of the Duke of York and ninth in line to the Throne – the nuptials will be an equally glorious moment. There is no doubt that handsome Edoardo, known as Edo, is a good match for the 31-year-old Princess, with his multi-million-pound fortune and debonair Latin charm.

What is perhaps less well known is that Beatrice is following the most traditional route for Royal marriages by uniting two of the oldest families in Europe. According to historical records, the count's family dates back to 985AD, a time when King Ethelred II was on the throne of England.

'We as a family celebrated 1,000 years in 1985 with unbroken documented archives,' the count says proudly. 'We are one of the only families in Italy to have all the records from that period to today.'

There is such a long bloodline that a distant cousin, Carlotta Mapelli Mozzi Parodi, published a book about the family to celebrate its millennium. Entitled La Famiglia Mapelli Mozzi, it describes how two families derived their names from the towns of Mozzi and Mapelli, ten miles from Bergamo.

The former landowners began a 'rapid social and economic ascent' in the 12th Century through trade and banking, flourishing in the 13th Century as they became some of the most successful merchants in Europe. By 1270, they owned 'majestic palaces' such as the Mozzi Palace in Florence, where Pope Gregory X was lodged three years later.

Meh.  I can't stand when people brag about their ancestors.  Like bragging about potatoes.  The best part is underground! 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 734   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: