Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1690502 times)
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11235 on: June 06, 2020, 04:05:19 PM »

I can see the Queen loaning Andrew the money so pay off the debt then selling the Chalet to get it back. The question is what happens with any short fall - if I were HM I would take that out of any inheritance to Andrew. But the reality is HM will not leave Andrew anything himself  - everything will be left to Charles as that way it will be free of tax. Charles will, like all sovereigns, have to support the wider family. What Andrew will get from HM will be the trust funs that have been set up for him and his siblings over the years.

To be fair, I think Charles will support Anne, Ed & Sophie. He needs them now the RF has been so slimmed down and they are all pretty low profile who won't overshadow him. They also all toe the party line about their children having no future "official" role in the RF. Andrew always had to much a sense of self importance for him and his family and brings to many dodgy dealings and unfortunate friends.

He will support Andrew to the bare minimum to honour his mother's wishes but probably that support will be dependant upon Andrew keep a low profile. There will be a big difference as, at present, Andrew has no official role but was seen, for example, with his mother for church. Well of course no mother is going to cut off her soon completely so he was always going to get attention when he was with her. Charles will cut Andrew off more completely IMO. Discredited brother of the sovereign has much less pull that favourite son of the sovereign.

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11236 on: June 06, 2020, 04:14:57 PM »

Thanks, luvcharles  Star

I think Andrew's level of support from Charles will depend on his keeping out of sight and out of mind - except for family things. What could upset the apple cart is Fergie, as Charles really does not like her.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #11237 on: June 06, 2020, 04:24:20 PM »

He isn't totally on mummy's payroll though. She set him out to be financially independent - as she did with Edward and Anne. It is from the trust fund she set up for him, and Edward and Anne, that they have been able to fund their lifestyles. None of these three have any other source of income (other than Andrew's navy pension) than what they have been given by the Queen.

So if Andrew is still dependent on mummy, so is her nearly 70 year old daughter and 56 year old son. They all have a trust fund, they all use that money to fund their lifestyle.

I'm sure that Edward and Anne are probably more sensible about money matters than Andy...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11238 on: June 07, 2020, 04:33:16 AM »

I'd say Anne is, she looks like she is very tight with her money. Edward, idk.  

Fergie went nuts after she married in; Andy didn't care so she wasn't held accountable, then again, neither has he.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11239 on: June 07, 2020, 12:50:18 PM »

Anne is rather like her mother with money IMO, frugal in lots of ways but happy to spend money on her passions.

Andrew wants to live the life of his multi-millionaire/billionaire friends but without the cash himself to do so, having to rely on freebies.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11240 on: June 07, 2020, 01:00:31 PM »

If we needed another example of the fact that The Queen is not going to make anyone stand on their own two feet...

https://www.dailymail.co....-000-year-bodyguards.html

And remember the 300k is really just salary so the true cost is higher.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11241 on: June 07, 2020, 02:45:36 PM »

If we needed another example of the fact that The Queen is not going to make anyone stand on their own two feet...

My gut reaction is to strip him of all privileges, but is this really a privilege?  Presumably he is provided with bodyguards because people who are in charge of such things and whose job it is to be aware of and assess risks believe there are threats to his safety.  Any such threats are likely to exist because he is the Queen's son.  The system of monarchy that exists in the UK is there because it has the support of most of the people, and it comes with certain interrelated costs, both financial and personal and those costs must be recognised and provided for.    Regardless of Andrew's personal failings and indiscretions, if he is in danger because of who he is, in my opinion it would not be reasonable to abandon him without protection if there are real threats to his safety that warrant having three bodyguards. 
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11242 on: June 07, 2020, 02:56:06 PM »

My gut reaction is to strip him of all privileges, but is this really a privilege?  Presumably he is provided with bodyguards because people who are in charge of such things and whose job it is to be aware of and assess risks believe there are threats to his safety.  Any such threats are likely to exist because he is the Queen's son.  The system of monarchy that exists in the UK is there because it has the support of most of the people, and it comes with certain interrelated costs, both financial and personal and those costs must be recognised and provided for.    Regardless of Andrew's personal failings and indiscretions, if he is in danger because of who he is, in my opinion it would not be reasonable to abandon him without protection if there are real threats to his safety that warrant having three bodyguards. 

Agree.  I’m disgusted with him and his slimy dealings of late, but feel as you do - if security risks have determined he needs this level of protection, as well as being a member of the BRF, then that’s what needs to happen.  Kind of sad he doesn’t recognize this is a privilege as a member of the family and conduct his life accordingly, but it is what it is. 
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11243 on: June 07, 2020, 04:18:04 PM »

No surprise but the ski chalet is on the market.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11244 on: June 07, 2020, 08:20:40 PM »

Agree.  I’m disgusted with him and his slimy dealings of late, but feel as you do - if security risks have determined he needs this level of protection, as well as being a member of the BRF, then that’s what needs to happen.  Kind of sad he doesn’t recognize this is a privilege as a member of the family and conduct his life accordingly, but it is what it is. 

But...legitimately needed security is never cut no matter what the budget consequences.  The fact that his security was on the chopping block means that, following a review of the risks, it was determined that he did not need security or at least the level of security provided by the Met.

The article claims the Queen stepped in to reverse that decision and keep he now retains taxpayer funded security above the level the Met felt was necessary. 
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11245 on: June 07, 2020, 08:26:10 PM »

I wonder if they will see any money from the sale of the chalet or if it goes to debtors or the queen or security. It seems wrong maybe but for good reasons I think Andrew needs to stay put. His security may need to be high until the Epstein business is resolved. Keep him in Royal Lodge and enough to have a small staff and nice meals and occasional new shirts that sort of thing. There he can be controlled. It is really fascinating that these people are worth so much money including inheriting from very rich family members but they can't get their hands on much cash. Anyway Andrew will be a grandfather eventually and can hopefully find lots of enjoyment and comfort in that I'm not sure if that's being too optimistic but let's hope lol. In other words he needs a hobby that doesn't get him in trouble.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #11246 on: June 07, 2020, 08:49:31 PM »

I wonder if they will see any money from the sale of the chalet or if it goes to debtors or the queen or security. It seems wrong maybe but for good reasons I think Andrew needs to stay put. His security may need to be high until the Epstein business is resolved. Keep him in Royal Lodge and enough to have a small staff and nice meals and occasional new shirts that sort of thing. There he can be controlled. It is really fascinating that these people are worth so much money including inheriting from very rich family members but they can't get their hands on much cash. Anyway Andrew will be a grandfather eventually and can hopefully find lots of enjoyment and comfort in that I'm not sure if that's being too optimistic but let's hope lol. In other words he needs a hobby that doesn't get him in trouble.

He had one, in the 90s he was really into golf and was sort of friends with Nick Faldo but then he caught Epstein fever and everything else fell to the wayside.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11247 on: June 07, 2020, 09:21:28 PM »

He needs to disappear without public coverage to one of the country houses and spend the rest of his life with horse grooming, grouse shooting or another upper-class-male activity that requires being alone in the countryside a lot. He lost all the Brownie points with the British people, if they see where their tax money goes ... they might vote for an republic. He is "beyond repair". Even Sarah has underdstood that it is better to keep her mouth shut. That means something.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #11248 on: June 07, 2020, 10:54:26 PM »

Uh-oh.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/...er-jeffrey-epstein-links/

THE US has officially demanded Britain hand over Prince Andrew to be quizzed over his links to billionaire paedophile pal Jeffrey Epstein.

And in a bombshell move, the Department of Justice has formally told the UK the Duke of York is now caught up in a criminal probe for the first time.

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11249 on: June 07, 2020, 11:36:46 PM »

Uh-oh.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/...er-jeffrey-epstein-links/

THE US has officially demanded Britain hand over Prince Andrew to be quizzed over his links to billionaire paedophile pal Jeffrey Epstein.

And in a bombshell move, the Department of Justice has formally told the UK the Duke of York is now caught up in a criminal probe for the first time.

I’m sure prosecutors are extremely frustrated bu Andrew’s lack of cooperation, but I really wonder if this particular strategy will work. It seems like a huge effort and expense for very little Return (I assume he’ll plead the 5th if it even gets that far).
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: