Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 770   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1903874 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11415 on: July 18, 2020, 12:33:04 AM »

Wasn't it the DM that reported just last week that the Balmoral trip is still up in the air because it might not be appropriate to move the court given COVID?  And the wedding was at 11am with the investiture at around 3pm.  There were reports that the Queen (and Philip) were photographed leaving at 11:45am so it sounds like they attended the ceremony and not any reception...which would have been limited due to social distancing anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me about his father as last we heard he had yet to meet Bea.  As for his ex, sure she's the mother of his son but talk about awkward to have your ex attend your micro wedding.  I could see the quick planning as restrictions were just lifted at the end of June for weddings from July 4th.  There's probably a number of couples rushing to marry now that they can.  The dress makes sense as it would have been nearly done anyway so she probably paid to have it finished and was planning to wear it whenever she was able to get married.

Good old DM...sure they could be right but so much of their stuff is so easy to side eye.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11416 on: July 18, 2020, 12:49:05 AM »

Me three! Iím stalking instagram for leaks.

Y'all are so cute Star Good luck! Beer
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11417 on: July 18, 2020, 01:18:52 AM »

Me three! Iím stalking instagram for leaks.

Please post anything you find. That way I can depend on you and stop looking myself.    Grin
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11418 on: July 18, 2020, 01:24:50 AM »

I would be very surprised if Bea wore a tiara if this was a small wedding with 20 people. Hopefully there was enough time between the lockdown in the UK and her original wedding date so that the seamstress was able to turn a big gown into a beautiful dress suitable for lunch. It will be interesting to see a photo and see what she chose. The flowers are lovely great colors.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11419 on: July 18, 2020, 01:34:43 AM »

Beatrice's wedding flowers. I think they are rather pretty.

Quite unusual for a wedding bouquet, especially a Royal one. From the picture it looks quite large?
Also, I donít know my flowers but does it have any myrtle in as thatís the tradition within the BRF?
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11420 on: July 18, 2020, 01:43:13 AM »

That flower arrangement looks more like one you would have to decorate the church rather than carry as a bouquet.

Charles wouldn't have attended as he was in Wales undertaking an engagement. I would presume Camilla was a Raymill with her family for her birthday, with probably dinner with Charles back at Highgrove for dinner (pure guesswork about Camilla but Charles' engagement is in the CC.)

Beatrice's wedding not mentioned in the CC ... unlike Eugenie's that got the full works ... but that CC also didn't acknowledge Camilla's birthday this year which it has done every year since 2005 and did with Sophie earlier this year and both are daughters-in-law of The Queen.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11421 on: July 18, 2020, 02:02:47 AM »

Does anyone else hate the new RF web site as much as I do?  It's one of those new-fangled ones that has bits that move around and you have to chase them and click on them before they disappear.  I just went there to check if they'd updated the bit about Beatrice and you click on Beatrice and it just goes to the main story about Andrew.  I thought maybe they were updating Beatrice so I clicked on Eugenie and the same thing happened.   

It is probably a sign of my age and increasing intolerance for things that I perceive to have been changed merely for the sake of change rather than real improvement, but I lament the passing of the web sites with static menus that led to static pages of information and photos.  Harrumph!  *steps down off soapbox*
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11422 on: July 18, 2020, 02:07:23 AM »

Does anyone else hate the new RF web site as much as I do?  It's one of those new-fangled ones that has bits that move around and you have to chase them and click on them before they disappear.  I just went there to check if they'd updated the bit about Beatrice and you click on Beatrice and it just goes to the main story about Andrew.  I thought maybe they were updating Beatrice so I clicked on Eugenie and the same thing happened.   

It is probably a sign of my age and increasing intolerance for things that I perceive to have been changed merely for the sake of change rather than real improvement, but I lament the passing of the web sites with static menus that led to static pages of information and photos.  Harrumph!  *steps down off soapbox*

Iím in my early 30s and Iíve hated that site ever since they made the switch a few years ago.  Itís so poorly organized and fussy itís not even funny.  I like clean, simple, easy to use webpages.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11423 on: July 18, 2020, 02:18:36 AM »

Iím in my early 30s and Iíve hated that site ever since they made the switch a few years ago.  Itís so poorly organized and fussy itís not even funny.  I like clean, simple, easy to use webpages.

Thank goodness it's not just me!  The old site was easily navigable and had lots of good information but this one is useless, IMO.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11424 on: July 18, 2020, 02:33:00 AM »

Thank goodness it's not just me!  The old site was easily navigable and had lots of good information but this one is useless, IMO.

The old site did need a bit of a refresh but not this nightmare.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11425 on: July 18, 2020, 03:04:06 AM »

I like the splendid colors of the wedding bouquet. It would be nice if Princess Beatrice wore a tiara.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #11426 on: July 18, 2020, 03:38:22 AM »

Beatrice's wedding flowers. I think they are rather pretty.

Quite unusual for a wedding bouquet, especially a Royal one. From the picture it looks quite large?
Also, I don’t know my flowers but does it have any myrtle in as that’s the tradition within the BRF?

Here's one from the DM specifically about the florist:

https://www.dailymail.co....rices-secret-wedding.html

I think the above picture is a flower arrangement from the church shot at an odd angle. Going by the colors and the flowers, the bouquet will be lovely.

If Wolfie was the best man surely Eugenie was matron of honor for Bea.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11427 on: July 18, 2020, 04:09:50 AM »

I could imagine, that they are going to have a big celebration with friends and family later on. And I think that is fine. I know several people who tied the knots (due to tax reasons or whatever other personal choices) during e.g. the winter with a small intimate celebration and had a bash later in the year with better weather.
So IMO postponing the bash is not an unusual thing to do.
As to the white princess dress with the tiara: I have often wondered, if for someone who like Beatrice has many occassions to dress up in gala attire and likely tiaras, this get-up is perhaps not quite so tempting as it is for the average girl who (let's face it) might never really wear such a creation ever again.

Iím not sure Bea would have had any occasion to wear a tiara, and BRF tradition is only married women wear them. So yes, as a royal bride, her wedding is the first opportunity she would have.

She is unlikely to be included in official tiara events (and lets face it, the BRF have so few). Who knows what they do in private (it has been suggested Christmas Eve dinner is full tiara mode).
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11428 on: July 18, 2020, 04:42:21 AM »

It would be lovely if Bea wore a crown flowers.

A sweet nod to her mum as well as fitting with a more relaxed theme.

Of course, as I said earlier, I still hope for a passing of the York tiara though.
Queenís Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #11429 on: July 18, 2020, 04:52:11 AM »

It would be lovely if Bea wore a crown flowers.

A sweet nod to her mum as well as fitting with a more relaxed theme.

Of course, as I said earlier, I still hope for a passing of the York tiara though.

That would be pretty cool (the flower crown).  I remember that so well from Sarahís wedding.  I was so surprised at the time and then when she switched it for her tiara . . . Very creative.    I loved her dress as well with all the meaningful embroidery and the style was so flattering on her.  She was a lovely bride.   
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 770   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: