Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1981404 times)
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11655 on: June 18, 2021, 02:11:18 PM »

Most jurisdictions consider victims of sex trafficking as legally unable to give consent making relations with them automatically a crime.  Much like how those under the age of consent are viewed as legally unable to give consent.

They would need to prove that her consent wasn’t freely given and that Andrew knew but still did what ever he did.  In the court of public opinion it appears clear but in a court of law…well I doubt they have what they need especially when you consider that they have yet to follow proper protocol to interview him.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #11656 on: June 18, 2021, 02:18:53 PM »

It would be very interesting to see who took a vacation to Epstein island.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #11657 on: June 18, 2021, 02:50:03 PM »

Prince Andrew has done far more damage to the British monarchy than anyone in a lot of years - I'd say he's even worse than the Duke of Windsor. There's a lot of bad things going on lately but I think raping an underage sex slave is by far the worse thing a member of the royal family has ever done.

Andrew has not been accused of rape.

He has been accused of sleeping with a girl who was above the legal age of consent - thus not underage.

A 17 year old girl who has been sold into sex trafficking cannot properly give consent in my opinion, making it rape in my eyes. But I understand legal jargon matters so thank you.

While I agree with this, I can't agree that he's worse than the Duke of Windsor.  No way.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #11658 on: June 18, 2021, 03:51:35 PM »

Had sex (I don’t know the proper legal term for what it would be) with a trafficked 17 yo he likely was daft enough to not think much about vs. being a Nazi sympathiser and potentially causing the fall of the monarchy. Y’now both men are vile in their own way, but IMO it’s obvious who was more dangerous to the BRF as an institution. David wins, hands down.

Andrew is vile but I think it’s far too soon to say what he’s (legally) guilty of, except for obvious arrogance and being rather stupid. AFAIK the FBI now wants to talk to him, for him to be a witness? It’s a permanent mark on him that he’s not willing to do that. He also slept with Virginia, that’s also obvious. I don’t know how the law works about this. Is there a reason he hasn’t been charged with a crime yet? It’s obvious he’s vile but that’s sadly not always illegal. It’s definitely possible he’s being used as a scapegoat to take the attention away from much worse people who without doubt knew what they were doing. Which makes it even more infuriating that he’s not corporating but still doesn’t make him the worst of the worst just incredibly stupid.

As for him being a “pedophile” - he is not. Virginia was 17? A child in some ways (and also trafficked), but pedophiles are turned on by children who haven’t gone through puberty which she obviously had. This is not a defence of him either but there is a correct term and it’s not the one used here.

It’s a shame the only punishment he will be getting is being in the doghouse but at least it will hopefully last the rest of his life.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11659 on: June 18, 2021, 04:36:51 PM »

While I agree with this, I can't agree that he's worse than the Duke of Windsor.  No way.

Yeah, I regret making that statement. I had forgotten a lot about David so I did some research after this and I stand completely corrected - the Duke of Windsor was far more dangerous to the BRF than Andrew. However, I detest the privileges and security Andrew still maintains. He should have been completely stripped of all titles for his behavior and simply become Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. (I also think David should have never been made a Duke after everything but oh well)
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11660 on: June 18, 2021, 07:51:06 PM »

I'm starting to think that Andrew is a willing/voluntary scapegoat.  I think he knows that he is untouchable because of who his parents are, and I think he cares so little for public opinion (a natural outgrowth of "never complain, never explain") that I don't think he could possibly care less that he's been disgraced in the eyes of the public.  How has his life been negatively affected by this?  He's not in jail; he's not in danger of being in jail if we're being honest, no matter how egregious his actions may or may not have been.  He's had to step back from the public eye...so what?  He gets all of the cushy perks of life as a child of the monarch with ZERO obligations or responsibility. He wants to sleep in all morning and ride horses in the afternoon?  Great, do that, because you have nowhere you have to be anymore.

Meanwhile, the press is so focused on what he knew/when he knew/will he interview with the FBI that there is no attention being given to anyone else who may have been part of this nastiness.  It's like sleight of hand, where we are all so focused on what he's up to that we're ignoring what the other hand is doing and getting away with...who is more deeply and unequivocally entrenched with J.E.

So in my mind I wonder if Andrew has been paid off to take this fall and this focus and let other fish get away while Andrew periodically remains in the news, is the subject of speculation and disdain, and then slinks away again for a while. 
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11661 on: June 18, 2021, 09:38:24 PM »

That is a very interesting way to look at it, you could be entirely right. The whole thing is despicable and I wish the Queen would force him to answer for his crimes.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11662 on: June 18, 2021, 10:59:23 PM »

I think that Andrew was careless because ... He most likely never expected that this would become public or blow up into his face. There seem to be many people who used Epstein's services and he was one of them, so most likely to him it was "normal" and "fine".

Luckily with "me too" and other campaigns the public is finally sensitive to women's sexual exploitation but we should remember that this was not always the case. Very often if something happened to women they were told to shut up and cover up ... I remember how mortified I was about the Monica Lewinsky affair and how this girl was dragged through the mud. I don't think Andrew ever expected his adventures to become public knowledge and the woman actually to come forward.

anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11663 on: June 18, 2021, 11:27:59 PM »

Monica Lewinsky is still treated horribly for something that wasn't even her fault. I feel awful when I think about how her entire career and even her life somewhat was ruined because of Bill Clinton. Shame on him.
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #11664 on: June 19, 2021, 02:36:42 AM »

Monica Lewinsky is still treated horribly for something that wasn't even her fault. I feel awful when I think about how her entire career and even her life somewhat was ruined because of Bill Clinton. Shame on him.
Actually, Monica Lewinsky is kind of killing it on Twitter. Doing some really funny tweets, one she retweets a question from Uberfacts: “What is the most high risk, low reward thing you have ever done?”.  And she tweets out her answer with this emoji:  Secret

She went to the London School of Economics and she just recently signed on as a producer for a film or show called “Impeachment: American Crime Story”.

She has done a lot of other things too. She definitely is a risk taker.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11665 on: June 19, 2021, 03:27:15 AM »

Actually, Monica Lewinsky is kind of killing it on Twitter. Doing some really funny tweets, one she retweets a question from Uberfacts: “What is the most high risk, low reward thing you have ever done?”.  And she tweets out her answer with this emoji:  Secret

She went to the London School of Economics and she just recently signed on as a producer for a film or show called “Impeachment: American Crime Story”.

I really admire her - she’s taken control of her narrative and become a big advocate against bullying, and manages to have a sense of humor about it all. She made a mistake but it’s bizarre and unfair how much it defined her life vs. President Clinton.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #11666 on: June 19, 2021, 06:06:09 AM »

I’ve been a Monica Lewinsky fan for years. Yes, she is smart, witty and self-deprecating… ❤️
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11667 on: June 19, 2021, 06:08:22 AM »

Did she make a mistake though? I wonder how much of a choice she actually had.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11668 on: June 19, 2021, 08:50:44 AM »

Did she make a mistake though? I wonder how much of a choice she actually had.

I think theoretically you have a (slim) choice, but practically - no. One reason is the hierachie involved. Clinton was the president of the USA - you have respect for the office, the whole setting (White House) most likely intimidates you and you feel it is not your place to deny him. Things like that happen quickly. Plus: She did the internship because she thought it looks good on her CV. So what would the consequence be if you denied him? Would the internship continue? What would your parents, friends etc say if you were send home after a few days?

The public has been very harsh with women - I think about Amber (can't remember her last name) in the Scott Peterson case. She dated Scott Peterson after he told her that he was a widower. She came forward when she realized that he might have killed his wife and that he had fed her with a lot of lies - still, she got roasted publicly. She did (IMO) nothing wrong. She dated. She was lied to. She spoke up to help the wife he betrayed. She was publicly tared and feathered in the process. All she did wrong was that she trusted him and his narrative (which sounded believable).

I guess the same thing happened to Andrew and the girl. This (innocent 17 year old) girl might have been so overwhelmed that she went along with it, she might have thought that marriage or becoming a princess was on the cards for her and later she realized that she was abused for some quick fun only and her only purpose there was to entertain randy Andy - nothing in it for her ... It could have happened to anyone, any age.

When you are 17 you know how to act adult without being an adult. You are able to handle normal everyday adult situations in a mature manor but you have no idea what to do if that situation is different than you thought and de-rails. After all it is a world you have just entered. If she came from a sheltered background she might have never encountered people as mean as Epstein before. Heck, most "adult adult" people would have not met a person like Epstein before.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11669 on: June 19, 2021, 09:49:52 PM »

Well said, Miss Marple!
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: