Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 810   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 2276876 times)
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2011, 06:54:49 PM »

^^Like i have said before the York girls especially Bea love the limelight and their status , i once saw somebody curtseying to them   Snore
BaronessLee ,i'm not that sure about that veto anymore

A palace spokesman said today: "Princess Beatrice will over the coming months broaden her knowledge and experience to complement her position as a member of the Royal Family.
   Whistle

http://www.express.co.uk/...Andrew-and-Fergie-look-on
BaronessLee

Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »

^^Like i have said before the York girls especially Bea love the limelight and their status , i once saw somebody curtseying to them   Snore
BaronessLee ,i'm not that sure about that veto anymore

A palace spokesman said today: "Princess Beatrice will over the coming months broaden her knowledge and experience to complement her position as a member of the Royal Family.
   Whistle

http://www.express.co.uk/...Andrew-and-Fergie-look-on

Whether they like the limelight or not, they will not have an official role in the royal family. That has been made clear. They will not be on the civil list, and paid to be patrons, like Will and Harry will be.

Not being on the civil list does not make her any less a member of the BRF. She is born into it, and will die a member of it. If she wishes to find a career and follow activites which seem royal, all the more to her. She hopefully will shine a better light on the monarchy than her parents. Zara and Peter have no titles, but are members of the family, and have the spotlight on them. The same for these girls.
dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 07:40:25 PM »

Blink Bea wants to work in charity but isnīt allowed to?

Yes, Dave seems a bit shady.

She wants to do charity work and get a royal salary for doing it. That has been vetoed.

she probably figured that she wouldn't have to work hard, just party at the receptions, etc.  and yet would get paid and also would have her butt kissed by everyone because she was being so 'charitable.'  it seemed like very 'easy' work for her and it surely wouldn't take 8 hours a day to do!

i also didn't realize that she was living rent-free at st. james palace!  you mean that 4-brdm apt. is all hers?  does eugenie live with her?  seems she should get her own place & pay for it, unless her parents want to help her.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:49:21 PM by dwi » Logged
ginnis1
Banned
Large Member

United States United States

Sea

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »

fours years of university and she doesn't know what the words "charity work" mean?Huh?
Badger

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »

Most people who work for charities get paid for it, some of them very well.  I've had friends who started out doing unpaid volunteer work for one charity or another and gotten paying jobs with that charity later. 

The reason you saw someone curtseying to them was because traditionally that is how members of royal familes are greeted by women.  It used to be a requirement although I understand the trend now is moving away from bowing and curtseying except on formal occasions.  Some people follow the old ways though.

I doubt if Beatrice or Eugenie (or the vast majority of younger royals) cares all that much about it.

dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2011, 09:44:18 PM »

i've been working for non-profits for oer 10 years now and you can make good money.  there are definitely certificates that people can obtain through courses, be it non-profit managing, fundraising, philanthropy, etc.  if they really want to get involved in charity work, they should take those kinds of courses to get an understanding and education on what it's all about.  i wonder what kind of 'training' the palace will be giving them.
Badger

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »

There's a difference between wanting to be a patron of a charity, wanting to run a charity and wanting to work for (or volunteer) for a charity.  I think if you want to run a charity, yes, you do need more of a formal education in what that entails.  I don't think it's that important for patrons or those who just want to work or volunteer for a charity. Of course, it's important for patrons and potential workers (volunteers) to educate themselves about the cause and to be very aware of how the charity spends the money it gets but for the most part, they aren't meant to be responsible for the nuts and bolts stuff.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 01:43:51 AM »

I gotta say, I don't think either of the Yorkies strike me as charitable types.

They seem to want a royal wage and to do a few engagements here and then to justify that wage.

Can't see Chucky letting that happen.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2011, 03:45:54 AM »

Of course they are Champagne

they all support Free-loader-Fergie's own charity: herself Beer Dead

G Snare

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
BaronessLee

Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2011, 03:51:43 AM »

They seem to want a royal wage and to do a few engagements here and then to justify that wage.

Can't see Chucky letting that happen.

We don't know how many engagements they are/would be willing to do. Like William when he is in school, they wouldn't be required to do any duties.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2011, 04:11:51 AM »

I actually feel a bit bad for the Yorkies (don't worry, I'll get over it Wink )

After all, given who their parents are:yuk:, these 2 girls don't stand a chance in the brains department.

They might actually want to do some good in the world, but won't be allowed to as official members of the BRF because the higher-up family members rightly despise their loathsome mother, and have no use for their dim-witted, greedy, criminally-connected father (even if he's HM's fave). So Bea will have to marry Smiley Dave (or someone even richer) to support her disaster of a mother in the royal style she believes she's entitled to, and 'Uge will have to do the same.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2011, 04:24:52 AM »

After all, given who their parents are:yuk:, these 2 girls don't stand a chance in the brains department.

They might actually want to do some good in the world
, but won't be allowed to as official members of the BRF because the higher-up family members rightly despise their loathsome mother, and have no use for their dim-witted, greedy, criminally-connected father (even if he's HM's fave). So Bea will have to marry Smiley Dave (or someone even richer) to support her disaster of a mother in the royal style she believes she's entitled to, and 'Uge will have to do the same.

Just to help you heal quicker, EAH, lemme suggest this for the Porkies: How about they just give up their royal status, and go and volunteer at a leper colony, or with Mother theresa's order.

that would definetly be a way to do good in the world, and the grey men will appreciate it Thumb up

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »

Bea and 'Uge don't really want to WORK work.  They want to continue to be in the public eye and have their financial needs met.  Since the only "work" venue open to the royal family's A Team is charity work, that's what they think they'll do in order to maintain their social and financial status quo.  What they fail to accept is that they're not on the A Team.  At least that's how I see it.
BaronessLee

Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:49 AM »

They might actually want to do some good in the world
, but won't be allowed to as official members of the BRF because the higher-up family members rightly despise their loathsome mother, and have no use for their dim-witted, greedy, criminally-connected father (even if he's HM's fave). So Bea will have to marry Smiley Dave (or someone even richer) to support her disaster of a mother in the royal style she believes she's entitled to, and 'Uge will have to do the same.

Just to help you heal quicker, EAH, lemme suggest this for the Porkies: How about they just give up their royal status, and go and volunteer at a leper colony, or with Mother theresa's order.

that would definetly be a way to do good in the world, and the grey men will appreciate it Thumb up

G Smiley

They don't have to give up their royal status to do charity work. They just can't expect to be paid a royal salary to do it.

They are not going to have to work or be poor. They may not be on the civil list, but they do have trust funds, and their parents.
midnightblue711

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »

Bea and 'Uge don't really want to WORK work.  They want to continue to be in the public eye and have their financial needs met.  Since the only "work" venue open to the royal family's A Team is charity work, that's what they think they'll do in order to maintain their social and financial status quo.  What they fail to accept is that they're not on the A Team.  At least that's how I see it.

It looks like Fergie is really pushing for them to stay in the public eye.  No
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 810   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: