Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 600   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1338362 times)
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #8295 on: August 12, 2019, 07:29:48 AM »

maybe Philip had enough of seeing Andrew and Fergie using Queen to get over the bad pr and turned up to read them the riot act

https://www.dailymail.co....dinburgh-turns-early.html

The Duchess of York was forced to leave Balmoral yesterday after the Duke of Edinburgh turned up early for his summer holiday, it has been claimed.

Prince Philip has refused to be under the same roof as Sarah Ferguson since her divorce from Prince Andrew in 1996. It is said he accuses her of having publicly humiliated the Queen and the royal family.

Some had hoped their appearance together at Princess Eugenie’s wedding last year had signalled a thaw in relations.

So Fergie's affair from 20 years ago is an embarrassment, but Andy's involvement in a trafficking ring is okay. Phil is just as full of BS as Liz  Snare

I didn't expect anything else.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #8296 on: August 12, 2019, 07:34:45 AM »

If it was anyone else, Prime Minister, Donald Trump, etc the public would be protesting, there would be graffiti, public outrage etc etc. Newspapers would be carrying the story non stop, it would the first story on the news.
But there is hardly any backlash, and by Andrew’s smiles he knows he’s got nothing to fear.

Well, the Donald is also involved, iirc the young Miss Roberts was employed by Trump at the time she was recruited by Maxwell. There are photos of JE and the Orange One, they were good pals just like he and Andy.

I feel like I'm seeing more public outrage this time around, and I'm seeing a lot of commentary regarding Andrew's involvement even on a local level. This whole thing may really get legs with JE gone now, they'll want to find someone else to prosecute. Hopefully the spotlight will now focus on all the other cockroaches scurrying for cover.

There's also not so much backleash on Andrew, because outside the royal world and those who're interested in royals even knows that he exists.

If I'd ask 10 people on the streets, if they can name the current president of the US 9 of 10 would be able to. Well Boris Johnson is still not so popular so let's say 7 out of ten. If I'd ask random people to name the children of the queen it would be Charles and well...who're the others? Thinking
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8297 on: August 12, 2019, 09:17:13 AM »

Interesting headline/image combination from The Times...

More of today's front pages:

It's clear that the Queen's actions are very much being seen as a demonstration of support for Andrew.

Kate kills trees, pass it on
karma chamelion

Large Member

Let them eat banana bread

Ignore
« Reply #8298 on: August 12, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »

Yes, and that's going to be damaging for the Firm. People who never knew Andrew existed know about him now through Epstein. The Queen had better watch her step, this isn't going to go away by her ignoring it which is her usual way of handling things. People are tired of the privileged few running amok, it's time to tighten up whether she wants to or not doesn't matter. If they don't evolve they will become extinct. Like the dodos they are.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8299 on: August 12, 2019, 04:39:47 PM »

Yes, and that's going to be damaging for the Firm. People who never knew Andrew existed know about him now through Epstein. The Queen had better watch her step, this isn't going to go away by her ignoring it which is her usual way of handling things. People are tired of the privileged few running amok, it's time to tighten up whether she wants to or not doesn't matter. If they don't evolve they will become extinct. Like the dodos they are.

It will be interesting to watch. So many different scenarios could play out. I really don't think they'll be a prison sentence, but I do think he should retire from public duties. The grey men can come up with a proper excuse that will fool no one.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8300 on: August 12, 2019, 04:47:33 PM »

Decent analysis from the New York Post

In a summer of scandal for the British royal family — William and Harry’s reported falling out, Meghan Markle’s diva ­antics at Wimbledon — one truly sordid royal has not been making headlines.

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York.

The Queen’s favorite son has always been useless at best, a liability at worst — boorish, piggish, entitled, greedy and often quite stupid, consorting with ­oligarchs and strongmen for ­personal profit.

But Andrew’s most dangerous entanglement — his rancid loyalty to convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, which has reportedly spanned decades — has never really been challenged by the Queen, the prime minister or the British press, constrained as they are by some of the world’s most stringent libel laws.

On the heels of Epstein’s arrest last week for the sex trafficking of underage girls, the US Appeals Court for the Second Circuit has ruled that 2,000 pages from a 4-year-old defamation suit filed by one of Epstein’s and Andrew’s alleged victims, Virginia Giuffre (née Roberts), are to be unsealed.

It’s likely that names will be heavily redacted. After all, extremely rich and powerful people are contained within, including, said the court, “prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well-known prime minister and other world leaders” — all now implicated in Epstein’s alleged sex trafficking operation.

But Prince Andrew will almost certainly be named and his behavior highly detailed. It was Giuffre, after all, who in 2011 told the Daily Mail that Epstein made her a “sex slave” when she was just 15. In 2015, The Guardian reported that, in court papers, she was forced, at age 17, to have sex with Andrew three times in three different locations. Andrew has denied these allegations.

The insolent prince would not be cowed, even as The Sunday Times UK reported that flight and public records put Roberts and Prince Andrew in three separate locations at the same time — including once on Epstein’s private Caribbean island — even as a photo surfaced of Andrew taken in 2001, his arm around then-17-year-old Virginia’s waist.

That photo was taken in Ghislaine Maxwell’s apartment. Maxwell has been named as Epstein’s longtime alleged pimp and has herself been accused of sexually abusing young girls in court rec­ords filed in New York this past April. Maxwell has denied any wrongdoing. In 2011, The Daily Telegraph reported that Epstein and Maxwell had, in 2000, been hosted at Queen Elizabeth’s Sand­ringham estate.

In fact, in 2011, after Epstein was released after serving a mere 13 months for soliciting an underage girl for prostitution — with Epstein out free on “work release” up to 12 hours a day — The Post reported that it was Prince Andrew with whom he celebrated.

The senior royal, according to the Telegraph, spent four days at the registered sex offender’s $50 million Upper East Side mansion, while Epstein worked to settle some outlandish debts plaguing Andrew’s equally greedy and parasitic ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson.

“I’m not a sexual predator,” ­Epstein told The Post back then. “I’m an ‘offender.’ It’s the difference between a murderer and a person who steals a bagel.”

Around the same time, Andrew and Epstein were photographed taking a chummy walk through Central Park, a photograph splashed in tabloids both here and in the UK.

This did not play well back home. Buckingham Palace was forced to issue a statement.

“There is a question mark over his choice of friends,” a senior royal aide told the press, “and that is quite difficult for him.”

Difficult for him?

This month, the palace was more forceful. “It is emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts,” the palace said in a statement Sunday. “Any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation.”

By the way, another witness who gave evidence in Giuffre’s case testified that Andrew spent “weeks” at Epstein’s mansion in Florida — where young women were often roaming around topless or in the pool, naked — and that the prince received “daily massages.”

Epstein’s indictment claims that when Epstein received “massages,” this led to horrors.

It’s well known that the British royal family has been fighting for survival — for popularity, for relevancy, for the continued financial backing of its subjects — since Princess Diana’s death in 1997. Modernizing the monarchy has since been a Herculean effort, and it seems the palace regards the addition of a young American woman of mixed-race heritage great progress.

But the palace and its most trusted advisers should take note: Much has happened between 2011 and today, including, for Prince Andrew, a movement that could not be more aptly named: Time’s Up.

Kate kills trees, pass it on
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8301 on: August 12, 2019, 04:49:33 PM »

I wonder what the charges would be and what statue of limitations there are (if any).  How would the combination of age, location, ability to consent (none), and that the victims were trafficked affect all of that?  I do wonder to what extent charges are possible based on legal codes vs who he is.

He’s a great pot of morality cause violations and should (if the power that be had any sense) be retired.  The girls are welcome to support him in private but a ban on SM and public support should also be put in place.

The scandal of his friendship alone would be enough for some more conservative companies to fired him let alone the accusations.  
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #8302 on: August 12, 2019, 06:49:51 PM »

It will be interesting to watch. So many different scenarios could play out. I really don't think they'll be a prison sentence, but I do think he should retire from public duties. The grey men can come up with a proper excuse that will fool no one.

As soon as Kate announces a fourth pregnancy, everything will be forgotten.

Also what could really happen? Even if he retires from public, he would still be founded by the taxes payers. The times of Cromwell and the beheading of royals are long gone (Not that I support that).
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8303 on: August 12, 2019, 07:29:03 PM »

The way I see it is if/when he retires he should fund himself and his family with his trust fund.  Not work means no office which means no Sovereign Grant/Duchy of Lancaster money.  Technically security is up to the Met but depending on security assessment results they could decide that he doesn’t need 24/7...the girls lost theirs when the graduated college.  IIRK there’s been a push to down grade the security for minor working royal for years now. 

I’ve seen his net worth estimated as high as $75M and of course he has that $15M ski lodge he could sell.  Nope he’d be just fine all on his own. 
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8304 on: August 12, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »

The way I see it is if/when he retires he should fund himself and his family with his trust fund.  Not work means no office which means no Sovereign Grant/Duchy of Lancaster money.  Technically security is up to the Met but depending on security assessment results they could decide that he doesn’t need 24/7...the girls lost theirs when the graduated college.  IIRK there’s been a push to down grade the security for minor working royal for years now. 

I’ve seen his net worth estimated as high as $75M and of course he has that $15M ski lodge he could sell.  Nope he’d be just fine all on his own. 

somehow i don't think that he could afford his present-day lifestyle on his own or to maintain the ski lodge, but I could be wrong.  is the ski lodge the queen's private property? 
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8305 on: August 12, 2019, 09:35:36 PM »

somehow i don't think that he could afford his present-day lifestyle on his own or to maintain the ski lodge, but I could be wrong.  is the ski lodge the queen's private property? 

According to what I’ve read he and Sarah bought in in a January 2015.  There was even talk about Sarah moving there full time but nothing ever came of it.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Let them eat banana bread

Ignore
« Reply #8306 on: August 12, 2019, 09:48:20 PM »

Also what could really happen? Even if he retires from public, he would still be founded by the taxes payers. The times of Cromwell and the beheading of royals are long gone (Not that I support that).

It's not just about what happens to Andrew, we're talking the whole monarchy. It was stupid of Liz to thumb her nose with those photos of her and her darling boy. The monarchy needs public approval or they go away, simple as that. This incident with Andy is just another (huge) chink in their armor, which is already full of holes. I don't think another Cambridge sprog will distract much, sex and scandal sell papers and that's what the media will focus on. Much more profitable for them.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8307 on: August 12, 2019, 11:35:59 PM »

It's not just about what happens to Andrew, we're talking the whole monarchy. It was stupid of Liz to thumb her nose with those photos of her and her darling boy. The monarchy needs public approval or they go away, simple as that. This incident with Andy is just another (huge) chink in their armor, which is already full of holes. I don't think another Cambridge sprog will distract much, sex and scandal sell papers and that's what the media will focus on. Much more profitable for them.

I agree. This is the kind of stuff that results in abdication (see Juan Carlos), even though I’m not sure Charles is popular enough to right the ship.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8308 on: August 13, 2019, 12:21:14 AM »

Star
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #8309 on: August 13, 2019, 12:34:59 AM »

I think I might be in a minority here but I don’t think that Andrew will face any real consequences. A few weeks or months of ‘bad’ press and it’s most likely to blow over.
Everyday people don’t seem to care, there is no hashtag or movement on social media to call him out like there has been with the Harvey Weinstein case and there won’t be a documentary or police case that will encourage the people to take note like there was with Saville et al.
The reason he’s smiling because he knew he would get away with it.
And if he does disappear from public life he will still get money from the taxpayers.
If anyone says the UK is a democracy I have to laugh because it really is one rule for them and another for us.
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 600   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: