Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 559   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1273701 times)
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #8310 on: August 13, 2019, 01:39:18 AM »

I do love the Queen but in some ways the one good thing about a Charles reign would be he would for sure be less tolerant of Andrew's behaviour.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8311 on: August 13, 2019, 03:32:54 AM »

Vicki Ann's comment: Queen Elizabeth isn't going to throw him (Andrew) under the bus!   
If Elizabeth did this, it would not be ladylike.
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #8312 on: August 13, 2019, 07:22:29 AM »

Yes, and that's going to be damaging for the Firm. People who never knew Andrew existed know about him now through Epstein. The Queen had better watch her step, this isn't going to go away by her ignoring it which is her usual way of handling things. People are tired of the privileged few running amok, it's time to tighten up whether she wants to or not doesn't matter. If they don't evolve they will become extinct. Like the dodos they are.

It will be interesting to watch. So many different scenarios could play out. I really don't think they'll be a prison sentence, but I do think he should retire from public duties. The grey men can come up with a proper excuse that will fool no one.

As soon as Kate announces a fourth pregnancy, everything will be forgotten.

Also what could really happen? Even if he retires from public, he would still be founded by the taxes payers. The times of Cromwell and the beheading of royals are long gone (Not that I support that).

It's not just about what happens to Andrew, we're talking the whole monarchy. It was stupid of Liz to thumb her nose with those photos of her and her darling boy. The monarchy needs public approval or they go away, simple as that. This incident with Andy is just another (huge) chink in their armor, which is already full of holes. I don't think another Cambridge sprog will distract much, sex and scandal sell papers and that's what the media will focus on. Much more profitable for them.

I think I might be in a minority here but I don’t think that Andrew will face any real consequences. A few weeks or months of ‘bad’ press and it’s most likely to blow over.
Everyday people don’t seem to care, there is no hashtag or movement on social media to call him out like there has been with the Harvey Weinstein case and there won’t be a documentary or police case that will encourage the people to take note like there was with Saville et al.
The reason he’s smiling because he knew he would get away with it.
And if he does disappear from public life he will still get money from the taxpayers.
If anyone says the UK is a democracy I have to laugh because it really is one rule for them and another for us.

No you're not alone. I think the same.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8313 on: August 13, 2019, 02:29:12 PM »

I think the 'consequence' will be obscurity for he and his immediate family. He should be removed from all charities involving young people, limited to Royal Lodge and his distant ski lodge and taken out of the royal rotation permanently.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8314 on: August 13, 2019, 02:37:11 PM »

I think the 'consequence' will be obscurity for he and his immediate family. He should be removed from all charities involving young people, limited to Royal Lodge and his distant ski lodge and taken out of the royal rotation permanently.

I agree but don't see it happening unless his mother is gone. Or maybe if there is proof that can't be ignored... and Bea will want the same wedding as her sister and so long as she marries while her Grandmother is here she will get it. These people live by their own rules and standards - which are lesser than those considered acceptable by most others
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #8315 on: August 13, 2019, 03:51:42 PM »

Interesting headline/image combination from The Times...

More of today's front pages:

It's clear that the Queen's actions are very much being seen as a demonstration of support for Andrew.

I have to say seeing Andrew smiling just hours after the news of the death of his friend broke is chilling. Clearly he views that Epstein's death is a favour to him as he probably things all of this will be swept under the carpet now.
I love the Queen but really? Having your scandalous son riding in the same car as you to church, smiling away without a care in the world is NOT the public image she should be conveying.
And for the record, I think that Charles would handle this well. There's already been talk of him cutting off Andrews money, privilege and lifestyle when he becomes king, this scandal will probably only further that desire. I think if Charles has learned anything from his own life, is that public favour is the most important thing. Of all people, he knows how hard it is to win back popularity, but I think he's done and doing a great job of it.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #8316 on: August 13, 2019, 04:02:09 PM »

I agree but don't see it happening unless his mother is gone. Or maybe if there is proof that can't be ignored... and Bea will want the same wedding as her sister and so long as she marries while her Grandmother is here she will get it. These people live by their own rules and standards - which are lesser than those considered acceptable by most others

If the people don’t “take to the streets” so to say like they did in 1997, nothing will be done about shelving the York’s. Complaints on line are too easily ignored by the BRF. Visible displays are the only things that are going to move people from HM and Chuckles’ generation in the establishment.

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8317 on: August 13, 2019, 04:07:34 PM »

Twitter, where the Duke of York's team cannot delete negative comments, is still brutal.

The Duke of York

@TheDukeOfYork
 Aug 9

📚 A young Prince Andrew enjoys reading a book – this photograph was taken for the book ‘A Day with Prince Andrew’ in 1962.

#BookLoversDay

Some of the less libellous responses?

He's so young there he'd have groped himself!

Pity he turned into a sex.offender as he got older. This story should not be kept underwraps anymore. My tax money should not be funding a paedophile.

How sweet is that boy who turned into a dirty sex case.

I hope he enjoys reading court documents.

ah that must be the Ladybird series on sex trafficking.

Honestly, delete this twitter account. There is no amount of glad-handing that can distract people from the fact that #PrinceAndrew is named in court documents that suggest @TheDukeOfYork was a part of #JeffreyEpstein #pedophile ring.

Throw the Lit🔥🔨 hammer down and say no. You came to Earth to be a leader of legacy.
YOU ARE A GIANT.! Break the matrix! Join The Shaman School its growing and so are you.
evilgrapefruit

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #8318 on: August 13, 2019, 06:59:50 PM »

If the people don’t “take to the streets” so to say like they did in 1997, nothing will be done about shelving the York’s. Complaints on line are too easily ignored by the BRF. Visible displays are the only things that are going to move people from HM and Chuckles’ generation in the establishment.

In 1997 it was very much the press leading and feeding the idea that the nation was outraged. It was their headlines and select tv interviews with people of certain viewpoints that prompted the reaction. Basically, the press were whipping up a moral panic at that time.

They need to really push it now and live up to the reputation of the British press and challenge the BRF but I feel like no one is ever brave enough. And with this particular subject, the press have long covered up know issues, for instance, the infamous paedo and necrophiliac Jimmy Savile (who also spent time with the BRF), the press knew what he was like, perhaps for 40 years, the public (unless they were personally affected) didn't know until he was dead (although most had concluded he was weird).
Bunnyette

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8319 on: August 14, 2019, 12:39:37 AM »

My opinion but the press have been very gentle and kind to the Duke.  There were constant opinion pieces and howls of outrage when Charles’ D-I-L went to New York for a baby shower.   Great they published a photo of a smiling duke with his cheerful Mother & daughter, however very little about why he was smiling or his connection.  To me this is one member of the BRF who should disappear from public life.  Sorry Bea, a small quiet wedding for you!
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8320 on: August 14, 2019, 12:50:17 AM »

Amen!

This whole protect the blood royal thing regardless of what they do is the stupidest thing on God’s green earth.  The press needs to full on stop reporting on all other royals and run Andy’s scandal.  The friendship alone is bad enough and he should have been made to retire years ago.  Instead of respecting blood royals because they won the vagina lottery they should be respected because they’ve earned it.  Andy hasn’t so let’s get real.  The press went nuts in 97 and got results so do it again. 
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #8321 on: August 14, 2019, 02:53:06 AM »

Amen!

This whole protect the blood royal thing regardless of what they do is the stupidest thing on God’s green earth.  The press needs to full on stop reporting on all other royals and run Andy’s scandal.  The friendship alone is bad enough and he should have been made to retire years ago.  Instead of respecting blood royals because they won the vagina lottery they should be respected because they’ve earned it.  Andy hasn’t so let’s get real.  The press went nuts in 97 and got results so do it again. 

Ha! I sort of like the idea of a “royal news blackout” of everyone else until there is SOME sort of reaction. Again, I don’t know if that would have the same punch as 1997 when you have the porous borders of social media now. But, it would be something.

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8322 on: August 14, 2019, 09:22:16 AM »

Amen!

Could you imagine if the blood royals were held to the same standards as the marrieds-in by the press? They wouldn't last a day

Throw the Lit🔥🔨 hammer down and say no. You came to Earth to be a leader of legacy.
YOU ARE A GIANT.! Break the matrix! Join The Shaman School its growing and so are you.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8323 on: August 14, 2019, 10:42:16 AM »

Andy flying out of Aberdeen by private jet yesterday.

Fist bump to Prince Philip for turning up at Balmoral earlier than expected, forcing dodgy Fergie to have to hurry away early.

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8324 on: August 14, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 559   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: