Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 442   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 906378 times)
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6540 on: July 17, 2017, 01:37:05 AM »

Yup... The fact their parents are Andrew and Sarah really taint them and it's quite unfair, I think...

I like them. They seem like kind-hearted young women, and Beatrice especially seems very lost. Eugenie seems to have more gumption and does her own thing. I like hearing about Bea's charity work. She does it 'cause she wants to and clearly is interested, educated about the charities and their work, has things to say, and is warm and kind to everyone.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #6541 on: July 17, 2017, 01:39:03 AM »

Yup... The fact their parents are Andrew and Sarah really taint them and it's quite unfair, I think...

I like them. They seem like kind-hearted young women, and Beatrice especially seems very lost. Eugenie seems to have more gumption and does her own thing. I like hearing about Bea's charity work. She does it 'cause she wants to and clearly is interested, educated about the charities and their work, has things to say, and is warm and kind to everyone.

I don't see anyone stopping them from doing proper jobs and keeping a distance to their parents craziness  Huh?
Lizardcandy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6542 on: July 17, 2017, 01:46:04 AM »

I don't see anyone stopping them from doing proper jobs and keeping a distance to their parents craziness  Huh?

I don't either, they're not dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. They just refuse to get jobs, live in taxpayer subsidized housing while contributing nothing, and continually mess up-like having someone taking pictures while giving a completely inappropriate private party for a celebrity's children in a taxpayer subsidized home they don't' even live in. In my eyes, they must feel every single ounce as entitled as their parents act/think or they would choose to live a normal life and they DO NOT CHOOSE TO DO SO. These are nearly 30 year old women, not hopeless children.

onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #6543 on: July 17, 2017, 02:28:31 AM »

My contribution to the discussion about the York girls: I believe it's hard for them to keep a distance from their parents. The moment they do this, the press will go after them even harder - imo. The moment they do this, they would have admitted how useless their parents are - they would have admitted it in public. Balances in a family it's a hard thing to find. Balances while half of the planet knows your name and your family life... even harder. Plus the fact... do we know what the girls are thinking about their parents? Do they recognise all the negativity they have brought in their kids lives? Do they feel pressure when Andrew pushes the Queen to promote them more or do they feel security?

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6544 on: July 17, 2017, 03:51:29 AM »

What that professor describes is what happens all the time at Harvard, Yale and Princeton - they make tons of exceptions to the children of wealthy families. You never really know who arrived on their own steam.

If the story is true I wouldn't hold it against Eugenie. It's not like she expected to walk into Cambridge or Oxford or even was able to take the course of study she wanted (she was 'downgraded' to a less stringent program). She scored work in her field of interest, even demonstrating a willingness to relocate to do so. She's mastered a balance between her Royal family status and working for a living. She targets charities that are relevant to her interests and her own personal experience (corrective back surgery for scoliosis) and not glamorous events that result in freebies. Her granny is giving her a grace and favour apartment in Kensington Palace - why wouldn't a grandmother do something generous for a grand daughter she's obviously very proud of?

Her only crime was hiring those dwarves! Definitely showed some tone-deafness and tackiness with that one. But her mis-steps have been few and far between.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6545 on: July 17, 2017, 04:18:38 AM »

I imagine Fergie is an expert at manipulating her daughters to keep them close. Maybe a strong-minded son-in-law will be able to set her at a distance...but it will be difficult.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #6546 on: July 17, 2017, 06:28:24 AM »

Didn't she get better marks on her A-Levels than William? I know William was given his degree, pretty much, according to talk I have heard (which isn't surprising; he is  not terribly bright).

Newcastle isn't some great university and isn't even on the level of St Andrews, so Eugenie going there isn't surprising. How would they not know who she is? Names on applications, etcetera; though I don't doubt she and other royals anywhere they went to uni (any royal, ever, not just the Brits) have gotten special treatment... I mean, Frederik going to Harvard, that is hilarious and far more egregious than Eugenie attending Newcastle IMO.

More DM slamming the York gals when they should be looking at other people in line. But the York girls are easy pickings.

Considering how Andrew and Sarah go about it's not a mystery that Bea and Eug are looked at. These are Andrew and Sarah's mistakes that we are hearing about. Unfair perhaps to Bea and Eug, but that's on their parents.

I'd guess it would be more likely to be the Newcastle management who would have overlooked any flaws to get her in than any parental shinanegans (for once for the Yorks),  having a princess at a less well known university would be a good marketing tool which we are always on the lookout for.
Her application would have likely been in the name of Eug York rather than HRH Princess Eug of York so less obvious.

I can't remember much about her educational achievements,  i know she was at Marlborough and maybe got better grades than any other royal so far as i can recall, Newcastle seemed to be a suitable level for her.

I still do have a great deal of sympathy for the York girls, they are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position really,  i hate myself for saying it but I do think they both need to find husbands and breed their way into obscurity somewhere in the home counties. They are never going to be part of the house of wales set up and neither of them seem able or willing to have a career so best to slide quietly away to a hopefully happy quiet life.

I believe that both York girls started out with strikes against them, on no account of their own. Their parents did things that many people did not approve of - and people have long memories. It does not help that both Andrew and Sarah continue to get involved in shady and/or questionable
dealings.
No, it is not fair that the activities of their parents (both in the past and present) casts a long, dark shadow on both Bea and Eugenie. However, Bea especially does not help herself. She appears to be a adrift with no goals or plans.  My understanding Bea is said to be a kind, caring and sweet person but that isn't enough in this world - especially in these times.  100 years ago - yes. while she has held a job, they never see to last  any length of time and her numerous vacations (in 2015?) did nothing to help change the public's opinion of her. At first glance, Bea has a strong resemblance to Sarah, however, I suspect she is more like Andrew than we know - at least in regards to thinking and believing that she is entitled to be a working royal. She has known since before university that is is unlikely that she will be a full-time working royal, yet it appears she is still drifting from job to job.
Honestly, I feel worse for Eugenie; not only does she have fall-out from her parents past and present activities but she is almost always grouped in with her sister. When Bea took over a dozen holidays in one year, Eugenie was often mentioned in the same article and sometimes the same sentence - even when she was not on vacation. People seem to have linked the two girls together - whatever Bea is guilty of - so is Eugenie.  The thing is, Eugenie works a full-time job as the assistant direct at the Hauser and Wirth Art Gallery, where she has been employed for about two years. She also carries out charity work in the evenings. I know that she is still involved with the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital, Children in Crisis and several other charities.
I have no idea if these two women will ever be able to step out of the deep shade their parents have cast over their lives, reputations and over the public's opinion of them. To me it appears that Bea is doing little to nothing to change it.  Eug seems to be more responsible, working at a regular job and seems to be keeping her herself mostly out of the public eye - albeit it seems to make little difference on the public's impression.
Andrew and Sarah's pasts have cast a long shadow and the public has a memory that is just as long.  Bea and Eug may find that it will be years, if ever, before their parent's escapades no longer shadow their lives. 
As you said, it might be best if they marry, raise families, do charity work for their favorite charities and just live a quiet and hopefully, a happy life.

LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6547 on: July 17, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »

Sounds like there's a bit of Twitter drama.

Basically, the Duke of York Twitter account (likely a scheduled tweet not authored by Andrew) tweeted about Camilla's birthday two days early.  People replied informing him of the error.  Then, the account blocked these people.  From what I've seen, most of the accounts that got blocked were jokingly or kindly tweeting about the error and weren't harsh at all.

It's unclear if the Duke himself (probably not) blocked them or just the staff who run his account (more likely).  It seems the account has unblocked some of the people it initially blocked.  Either way, this took a small mistake and made it much more dramatic than it needed to be IMO. PR fail!

http://royalcentral.co.uk...as-twitter-meltdown-85334
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6548 on: July 17, 2017, 08:29:31 PM »

Sounds like someone panicked and didn't want their mistake to be known so tried to cover it up by blocking people who pointed it?
AutumnOpal

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6549 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »

Sounds like there's a bit of Twitter drama.

Basically, the Duke of York Twitter account (likely a scheduled tweet not authored by Andrew) tweeted about Camilla's birthday two days early.  People replied informing him of the error.  Then, the account blocked these people.  From what I've seen, most of the accounts that got blocked were jokingly or kindly tweeting about the error and weren't harsh at all.

It's unclear if the Duke himself (probably not) blocked them or just the staff who run his account (more likely).  It seems the account has unblocked some of the people it initially blocked.  Either way, this took a small mistake and made it much more dramatic than it needed to be IMO. PR fail!

http://royalcentral.co.uk...as-twitter-meltdown-85334

Whomever was in charge of that tweet probably got chewed out b/c Andrew (and Sarah) uses Camilla praise to suck up to Charles.
ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6550 on: July 24, 2017, 04:20:14 PM »

"After Andrew and Fergie embarrass the Queen a party at the Palace for the Beckhams, a royal historian says there's only one fitting punishment - banish them! "

http://www.dailymail.co.u...Prince-Andrew-Fergie.html

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
AutumnOpal

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6551 on: July 24, 2017, 05:41:01 PM »

"After Andrew and Fergie embarrass the Queen a party at the Palace for the Beckhams, a royal historian says there's only one fitting punishment - banish them! "

http://www.dailymail.co.u...Prince-Andrew-Fergie.html

Andrew really needs to start running every one of his plans by HM's PR people (not HM herself as she tends to let him get away with stuff since he's the favorite).  I know he won't because he's arrogant AF but he should anyway.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6552 on: July 25, 2017, 08:54:31 AM »

Andrew is not only a spare no longer needed - he is totally unsuitable for the role because he has no idea beforehand what is a good idea and what isn't. His choice of (ex-)wife who is clearly still very much in love with the social position she once had does not help, either.

This is ridiculous. They should really ask him to step down and live somewhere quietly with Fergie. Preferably on a deserted island.
carolzebs

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6553 on: July 25, 2017, 10:59:01 AM »

This dress Bea wore to Ascot is really pretty.

Every time I see a picture like this I can't help but think of Cinderella's stepsisters!!!!  Blush
carolzebs

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6554 on: July 25, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »

Sometimes I am shocked at how some of these royals are just SO STUPID, unprepared and badly assisted! Don't they have one professional PR to tell them a ridiculous stunt like the Beckham's girl tea party will be seen horrendously and they are going to make fools of themselves?

I really honestly sometimes wonder if they are braindead or if they are too arrogant to see a meter away from their own noses.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 442   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: