Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 514   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1178079 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #7470 on: March 14, 2019, 07:05:28 PM »

I have heard from friends in the UK who I believe know the royals that Beatrice wasn't told until she had actually finished her degree that she wasn't going to be a full-time working royal. That she was told by everyone - The Queen, Charles etc that she would be like Princess Alexandra and only when she finished her degree was she told she was surplus to requirements. Eugenie made it clear to these same people that she wasn't interested in that lifestyle but Bea was. If true then it was cruel to leave it until Bea was in her early 20s to tell her that what she had been educated and raised for all her life to that point was, after all, not going to be her future.

The 'smaller royal family', as I understand it is not about stopping those who currently do royal duties from doing them but not replacing the older royals with new cousins but allowing natural attrition to make the family smaller. As the Kents retire they won't be replaced. The Gloucesters are the same age as Charles and Camilla and so won't be retired on 'age' grounds as that would raise the question about how old the monarch should be - should the monarch be monarch into their 80s or 90s???

The size of the working royal family now is 15 working royals aged from 34 to 92. It will be around a quarter of a century before the next generation really take up the idea of working full-time as royals by which time the number of working royals will probably be down to 7-8.

If that is what happened than that is unfortunate, but the Queen is still in charge (firmly so if we were talking 8 years ago) and could easily have directed Bea into an active royal role that would have solidified Beas path in the family. That was 8 years ago and I still give HM another decade. Thatís nearly 20 years for Bea to get stuck in there. I think the idea of Bea doing any royal work was all in her fathers head & heís done irreparable harm to her by puffing himself and his family up. JMO

My information is that she herself was asking before going to university and was told she would expect to be a full-time royal along the lines of Alexandra by the Queen and Charles and then when she finished university she is told, by those two and William she would never be used in that way. She was let down badly by her family.

It wasn't in Andrew's head but what the family members, senior to him, were telling her to her face from what I have heard.

What Iíve always assumed happened was that since she graduated the same year that William married Kate the firm didnít want two women starting working royal life at the same time and they *especially* didnít want Beatrice to cause Kate to look bad by comparison, because Kate is the future queen. If Kate was a very different sort of person they might have allowed Beatrice to work, but Kate doesnít get on well with other women, and has never got on well with Bea. Funnily enough, Iím sure Kateís competitiveness would have meant her first years as a royal would have gone much better if only sheíd had Bea to compete with, just as her performance has only improved now she has a woman to compete with. But yes, Beaís family treated her very poorly, as did her long term boyfriend Dave. I really hope the Mapelli Muppet turns out to be the one she can settle into a happy and productive life with, but given her penchant for rotters I have my doubts.

Meghan is totally O/T and William and Kate are only to be discussed in their own section.
VanillaMoomin

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7471 on: March 14, 2019, 10:23:04 PM »

I have heard from friends in the UK who I believe know the royals that Beatrice wasn't told until she had actually finished her degree that she wasn't going to be a full-time working royal. That she was told by everyone - The Queen, Charles etc that she would be like Princess Alexandra and only when she finished her degree was she told she was surplus to requirements. Eugenie made it clear to these same people that she wasn't interested in that lifestyle but Bea was. If true then it was cruel to leave it until Bea was in her early 20s to tell her that what she had been educated and raised for all her life to that point was, after all, not going to be her future.

The 'smaller royal family', as I understand it is not about stopping those who currently do royal duties from doing them but not replacing the older royals with new cousins but allowing natural attrition to make the family smaller. As the Kents retire they won't be replaced. The Gloucesters are the same age as Charles and Camilla and so won't be retired on 'age' grounds as that would raise the question about how old the monarch should be - should the monarch be monarch into their 80s or 90s???

The size of the working royal family now is 15 working royals aged from 34 to 92. It will be around a quarter of a century before the next generation really take up the idea of working full-time as royals by which time the number of working royals will probably be down to 7-8.

If that is what happened than that is unfortunate, but the Queen is still in charge (firmly so if we were talking 8 years ago) and could easily have directed Bea into an active royal role that would have solidified Beas path in the family. That was 8 years ago and I still give HM another decade. Thatís nearly 20 years for Bea to get stuck in there. I think the idea of Bea doing any royal work was all in her fathers head & heís done irreparable harm to her by puffing himself and his family up. JMO

My information is that she herself was asking before going to university and was told she would expect to be a full-time royal along the lines of Alexandra by the Queen and Charles and then when she finished university she is told, by those two and William she would never be used in that way. She was let down badly by her family.

It wasn't in Andrew's head but what the family members, senior to him, were telling her to her face from what I have heard.

What Iíve always assumed happened was that since she graduated the same year that William married Kate the firm didnít want two women starting working royal life at the same time and they *especially* didnít want Beatrice to cause Kate to look bad by comparison, because Kate is the future queen. If Kate was a very different sort of person they might have allowed Beatrice to work, but Kate doesnít get on well with other women, and has never got on well with Bea. Funnily enough, Iím sure Kateís competitiveness would have meant her first years as a royal would have gone much better if only sheíd had Bea to compete with, just as her performance has only improved now she has a woman to compete with. But yes, Beaís family treated her very poorly, as did her long term boyfriend Dave. I really hope the Mapelli Muppet turns out to be the one she can settle into a happy and productive life with, but given her penchant for rotters I have my doubts.

Meghan is totally O/T and William and Kate are only to be discussed in their own section.

Oops! Iím really sorry Maria! Many apologies. Shall I delete my post? (I just looked at it and I canít see how to delete it as the ďmodifyĒ button isnít there)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:29:27 PM by VanillaMoomin » Logged
karma chamelion

Medium Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #7472 on: March 15, 2019, 04:32:26 AM »

her dress is by alaia; JMO i think that by the end of the year she will be engaged
https://www.dailymail.co....doardo-Mapelli-Mozzi.html

ps:
don't know why by the guy reminds me of daniel ducruet ex husband of stepahnie of monaco

I think you're right loubna, and I think that's going to be a biiiig mistake. I get a feeling she's rushing into this relationship for all the wrong reasons. He looks like an opportunist, which is what Daniel Ducruet was.

BTW, the material of her dress looks like Victorian upholstery fabric. Never go out dressed like Granny's furniture Bea. Nono

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Lady Liebe

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7473 on: March 15, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »

her dress is by alaia; JMO i think that by the end of the year she will be engaged

ps:
don't know why by the guy reminds me of daniel ducruet ex husband of stepahnie of monaco

I think you're right loubna, and I think that's going to be a biiiig mistake. I get a feeling she's rushing into this relationship for all the wrong reasons. He looks like an opportunist, which is what Daniel Ducruet was.

BTW, the material of her dress looks like Victorian upholstery fabric. Never go out dressed like Granny's furniture Bea. Nono

Honestly, it looks like an ordinary day dress, made up in velvet for supposed evening wear. Just elevating the fabric does not automatically change  it into formal wear. The black stockings and shoes do not help either. Fail. Thumb down
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:57:01 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #7474 on: March 15, 2019, 10:28:18 PM »

ps:

Honestly, it looks like an ordinary day dress, made up in velvet for supposed evening wear. Just elevating the fabric does not automatically change  it into formal wear. The black stockings and shoes do not help either. Fail. Thumb down

I agree, and I first thought that those horrible shoes were navy!   
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7475 on: March 15, 2019, 10:38:00 PM »

ps:

I agree, and I first thought that those horrible shoes were navy!   

Wait they aren't?  I thought they were too. Blush
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #7476 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:02 AM »

So she was told she would have a job (i.e. working for the firm).

That job fell through.

She doesn't get another job.

That doesn't work in the real world.  Just saying.  Most people with the intelligence of wallpaper glue go find another job.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7477 on: March 16, 2019, 04:09:16 AM »

She has had jobs and also done further training.

She has a job now in NYC having work for a business house in London and Sony.

She has been with Affiniti for a number of years now and seems to be enjoying that job. She took her time but appears to have found a job that suits her - as do many people in their 20s.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7478 on: March 16, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »

So then.... if she's been working and is so successful, the sob story about the promised job working for the Firm - designed to create sympathy for her entitled a** - is irrelevant?

Glad to have cleared that up!

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7479 on: March 16, 2019, 12:11:29 PM »

So then.... if she's been working and is so successful, the sob story about the promised job working for the Firm - designed to create sympathy for her entitled a** - is irrelevant?

Star
Got it in one

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #7480 on: March 16, 2019, 06:18:56 PM »

Star  That and Mean Uncle Charles' won't let me work for the firm!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7481 on: March 18, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »

Bea mourning the lost job that never was...

https://www.dailymail.co....ozzi-stroll-New-York.html

Lady Liebe

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7482 on: March 18, 2019, 04:59:30 PM »

Bea mourning the lost job that never was...

https://www.dailymail.co....ozzi-stroll-New-York.html

I love her boots, and I like her coat, not liking the dress at all.

Bea looks happy, which is nice to see.

Edoarado gives off the same vibe as Smiling' Dave did, at least to me.

I hope this runs a short course, and she finds someone better.

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #7483 on: March 18, 2019, 05:33:50 PM »

FYI...

That's a £5,660 Alaia dress

It should have been HRH Doug Dumbarton don't @ me
Lady Liebe

Small Member