Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 726   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1565629 times)
Lemon drizzle

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10635 on: January 02, 2020, 08:34:42 AM »

I have a feeling no one's ever going to be brought to trial

https://www.dailymail.co....gn-spy-hiding-Israel.html

Jeffrey Epstein's socialite 'madam' Ghislaine Maxwell 'is being hidden from the FBI in a series of safe houses because of the information she has on powerful people'
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10636 on: January 03, 2020, 02:01:01 AM »

Peerages, royal or otherwise,  can only be revoked by Act of Parliament. 

Any wife (regardless of number) is HRH The Princess/Duchess/Countess of Whatever while a ex wife (divorce) is NN, Princess/Duchess/Countess of Whatever until she remarries.  The only time a “lesser” title has been used is for Camilla because although she his HRH The Princess of Wales the fit the public would have thrown would have been epic so they did the smart thing with HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.

Thank you for the information ☺ so hypothetically speaking, if Andrew was to remarry, the wife would receive the duchess of York and Andrew's other titles, what title would Sarah have, or would it be revoked by act of Parliament? (sorry if I seem a bit slow on the uptake, Ive thought about this to the point where I'm confusing myself!)

Andrew's wife would be HRH The Duchess of York and Sarah would still be Sarah, Duchess of York until SHE remarries regardless of what Andrew does.  A wife (or ex in Sarah's case) technically holds her title by courtesy.  A courtesy title has no legal significance but is just the custom (courtesy)...so no Parliament would not be involved.  Technically there's nothing stopping Sarah from simply going back to Sarah Ferguson whenever she wants to.  If/when a divorcee remarries it would be customary for her to be Mrs. New Husband.

Here's an example...The Right Honourable The Earl and Countess Spencer got divorce in 1997, you had The Right Honourable The Earl Spencer and Victoria, Countess of Spencer.  The Earl remarries in 2001, so you had The Right Honourable The Earl and Countess Spencer (2nd wife) and Victoria, Countess of Spencer.  In 2005 Victoria remarries and is then Mrs. Jonathan Aitken. 

The Act of Parliament is only for the holder of the peerage.  In this case Andrew.  But the probability of that happening is slim to none considering that Parliament has better thing to do, Andrew has yet to be charged let alone convicted of anything, and the last time such an Act was passed was in WWI for enemies of the country (https://en.wikipedia.org/...tles_Deprivation_Act_1917).

Right I'm with you! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain!  Star to you!
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

FutureCrayonNotRoyal

Ignore
« Reply #10637 on: January 10, 2020, 11:13:42 AM »

With the dawning of a new year, the Duke of York must have hoped that the troubling shadow cast by the late Jeffrey Epstein would diminish.

But it has now lengthened right across the calendar into June and possibly beyond.

For I can disclose that Andrew will miss the showpiece ceremonial occasion of the year, Trooping the Colour, marking the Queen's official birthday, June 13.

As Colonel of the Grenadier Guards, he would normally take a prominent part, riding alongside the Prince of Wales, the Princess Royal, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Kent.

'Andrew is being replaced,' a military figure tells me, adding that an eminent serving officer from the Grenadier Guards will ride in his place.

I have agreed not to reveal the identity of Andrew's replacement for security reasons at the request of the Army hierarchy.

'The Duke is in 'suspended animation', perhaps for a year, until everything is sorted out to the satisfaction of the top brass — assuming that it is,' adds my source

Sebastian Shakespeare in the DM

Poorly thought out foundation coming soon, exact launch date tbc
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10638 on: January 10, 2020, 11:22:17 AM »

He is being ghosted. Love it!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #10639 on: January 10, 2020, 11:26:48 AM »

I'm glad he is persona non grata. I didn't think it would happen.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

FutureCrayonNotRoyal

Ignore
« Reply #10640 on: January 10, 2020, 12:08:40 PM »

Someone landed on their feet...

The Duke of York's private secretary, Amanda Thirsk, has reached a legal settlement to end her employment in the royal household after 15 years.

Sky News has learnt that Ms Thirsk agreed the terms of her departure - including a payment worth tens of thousands of pounds - with the palace on Thursday.

An announcement is expected to be made to inform staff about her departure later, according to one royal insider.

Ms Thirsk is also understood to be preparing to sign a separate contract that will see her continue as chief executive of Pitch@Palace Global Limited (PAGL), the privately owned international arm of Prince Andrew's project to back entrepreneurs.

That deal is expected to be signed on Friday.

https://news.sky.com/stor...legal-settlement-11905091

Poorly thought out foundation coming soon, exact launch date tbc
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10641 on: January 10, 2020, 12:27:38 PM »

Someone landed on their feet...

The Duke of York's private secretary, Amanda Thirsk, has reached a legal settlement to end her employment in the royal household after 15 years.

Sky News has learnt that Ms Thirsk agreed the terms of her departure - including a payment worth tens of thousands of pounds - with the palace on Thursday.

An announcement is expected to be made to inform staff about her departure later, according to one royal insider.

Ms Thirsk is also understood to be preparing to sign a separate contract that will see her continue as chief executive of Pitch@Palace Global Limited (PAGL), the privately owned international arm of Prince Andrew's project to back entrepreneurs.

That deal is expected to be signed on Friday.

https://news.sky.com/stor...legal-settlement-11905091

If she knew anything I'd be surprised ,,,. Other than he visited places that we would not. I'm guessing that all dodgy deals were under the table for sure
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10642 on: January 10, 2020, 02:12:41 PM »

With the dawning of a new year, the Duke of York must have hoped that the troubling shadow cast by the late Jeffrey Epstein would diminish.

But it has now lengthened right across the calendar into June and possibly beyond.

For I can disclose that Andrew will miss the showpiece ceremonial occasion of the year, Trooping the Colour, marking the Queen's official birthday, June 13.

As Colonel of the Grenadier Guards, he would normally take a prominent part, riding alongside the Prince of Wales, the Princess Royal, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Kent.

'Andrew is being replaced,' a military figure tells me, adding that an eminent serving officer from the Grenadier Guards will ride in his place.

I have agreed not to reveal the identity of Andrew's replacement for security reasons at the request of the Army hierarchy.

'The Duke is in 'suspended animation', perhaps for a year, until everything is sorted out to the satisfaction of the top brass — assuming that it is,' adds my source

Sebastian Shakespeare in the DM

Oh I so hope this is true! He has no place in any public setting with the royal family.
SQ

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #10643 on: January 16, 2020, 02:19:39 PM »

https://www.telegraph.co....rds-wake-jeffrey-epstein/

The Duke of York could be stripped of his round-the-clock armed bodyguards in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal, it has been claimed.

Prince Andrew, 59, faces losing his Metropolitan police protection following a proposed downgrade of his security.

A senior source told the Evening Standard: “A review was ordered into the Met’s protection of HRH The Duke of York once it was announced he was stepping down from royal duties in November.

“Those in charge of royal security cannot write a blank cheque for anyone who does not have a public role for the foreseeable future. Round-the-clock armed protection is very expensive. The Met is obliged to review the position to ensure it is justified.”

I hope he does lose it. They shouldn't be wasting money on him.
Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10644 on: January 16, 2020, 02:25:22 PM »

The Duke of York could be stripped of his round-the-clock armed bodyguards in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal, it has been claimed.

Prince Andrew, 59, faces losing his Metropolitan police protection following a proposed downgrade of his security.

A senior source told the Evening Standard: “A review was ordered into the Met’s protection of HRH The Duke of York once it was announced he was stepping down from royal duties in November.

“Those in charge of royal security cannot write a blank cheque for anyone who does not have a public role for the foreseeable future. Round-the-clock armed protection is very expensive. The Met is obliged to review the position to ensure it is justified.”

Not to mention that since he's not undertaking royal duties anymore he really does not need it.

Do what you can, where you are, with what you’ve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #10645 on: January 16, 2020, 02:51:53 PM »

Couldn't agree more.  Thumb up
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10646 on: January 16, 2020, 02:59:48 PM »

This may be unpopular but until Andy's role in the Epstein affair is understood and vetted in the courts I think he should have security. He is still a royal and the son of a monarch even if he has been fired. With all the ugliness and global interest in the Epstein case there are clearly very bad players who will do anything to shut people up. I get that people want him punished but his life actually probably needs a lot of protecting. These goons kill the queen's kid oh my gosh it's all over game on.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #10647 on: January 16, 2020, 03:22:18 PM »

QEII can find money from the Sovereign Grant for Andy's security. 

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Queen’s Tea

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #10648 on: January 16, 2020, 03:40:15 PM »

This may be unpopular but until Andy's role in the Epstein affair is understood and vetted in the courts I think he should have security. He is still a royal and the son of a monarch even if he has been fired. With all the ugliness and global interest in the Epstein case there are clearly very bad players who will do anything to shut people up. I get that people want him punished but his life actually probably needs a lot of protecting. These goons kill the queen's kid oh my gosh it's all over game on.

I agree for all the reasons you give.  He would quite likely be sought out. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10649 on: January 16, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »

QEII can find money from the Sovereign Grant for Andy's security. 

Yes indeed. Or from reductions in whatever was budgeted for a certain couple now residing overseas.
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 726   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: