Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1768379 times)
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11475 on: August 03, 2020, 02:35:05 AM »

I think they , after everything, still love each other.  I think they were forced to divorce and never stopped caring. That is why they never remarried others.   I agree with all the other complexities you all have cited but think love and loyalty is at the bottom of the heap.
ConnieBrooks

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #11476 on: August 03, 2020, 05:11:58 PM »

Whatever Fergie and Andrew's symbiotic relationship was, clearly they seem to have been ok parents. Beatrice and Eugenie did not turn out to be the dumpster fire. So I have to at least give them that. Because that would have been the part of the family I would have expected the bonfire.

Star ITA, Duchess. The worst I can think of about those girls is their questionable fashion sense, particularly in their early twenties. That's ridiculously nothing compared to the shenanigans that other young and wealthy celebrities can and do commit on a depressingly regular basis.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #11477 on: August 03, 2020, 06:33:37 PM »

I think they , after everything, still love each other.  I think they were forced to divorce and never stopped caring. That is why they never remarried others.   I agree with all the other complexities you all have cited but think love and loyalty is at the bottom of the heap.

I wouldn't be surprised if they remarried after Prince Philip and the Queen's passing.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11478 on: August 03, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »

I think you are right. I think Andrew and Sarah loved each other and liked and enjoyed each other. I also think Andrew was less bothered by Fergie's indiscretions, and had they been a more private couple or refused to get divorced but preferred to work it out themselves, we would not be here. They might have gotten divorced because Philip insisted and because something was threatened to be taken away at that time if they didn't. But . . . Andrew wasn't (isn't) strong enough to stand up and say they would work through it. Plenty of couples DO carry on after an affair.

Maybe the princesses turned out okay precisely because their parents have always cared about each other and were loyal to each other. There is something to be said about that.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #11479 on: August 03, 2020, 07:10:58 PM »

I think you are right. I think Andrew and Sarah loved each other and liked and enjoyed each other. I also think Andrew was less bothered by Fergie's indiscretions, and had they been a more private couple or refused to get divorced but preferred to work it out themselves, we would not be here. They might have gotten divorced because Philip insisted and because something was threatened to be taken away at that time if they didn't. But . . . Andrew wasn't (isn't) strong enough to stand up and say they would work through it. Plenty of couples DO carry on after an affair.

Maybe the princesses turned out okay precisely because their parents have always cared about each other and were loyal to each other. There is something to be said about that.

Then their pathetically co-dependent relationship may just have been good for something.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11480 on: August 03, 2020, 08:28:31 PM »

Their relatively quirky fashion sense actually endeared those girls to me. They didn't go for all-safe conservative looks, and like their cousin Zara, some experiments went wrong. But for my Continental eyes, the whole British fashion looks a bit quirky, in the most charming way possible ;-)  Those fascinators!

I don't know why but I find it hard to dislike Sarah. She stumbles through life and nothing seems stable or lasting. She's a misfit of sorts. The monster sandwich clip made me smile. Yes, she wastes money and does and says all kinds of stupid things and it must be horribly embarrassing for her daughters. But those two girls show that she did something right. After what we know now about Andrew I find it hard to believe there's any good in him but Sarah has a heart somewhere beneath the layers of craziness and attention seeking, and I always sense vulnerability in her. I may be wrong. But she loves her daughters and is proud of them. And I think she has all reason to be so.
Millefleurs

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #11481 on: August 07, 2020, 05:13:11 PM »

Duchess of York's sons-in-law Edo Mapelli Mozzi and Jack Brooksbank quit Fergie's firm

https://www.nzherald.co.n...d=6&objectid=12354588
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11482 on: August 07, 2020, 05:35:43 PM »

They quit just three weeks after forming a company with their mother in law? I don't understand. Is there any sort of financial benefit from doing such a thing or did they all just realize they made a huge mistake? Sounds like very bad planning mixed with high hopes that were never properly vetted but maybe it was groundwork for something else?
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11483 on: August 07, 2020, 05:51:29 PM »

They quit just three weeks after forming a company with their mother in law? I don't understand. Is there any sort of financial benefit from doing such a thing or did they all just realize they made a huge mistake? Sounds like very bad planning mixed with high hopes that were never properly vetted but maybe it was groundwork for something else?

The way I read it is Jack & Edo had the wherewithal to start a company and Fergie didn't so they got everything put in place and then "resigned" and left Fergie in sole charge. Now she gets to rake in all the profits if there ever are any (and possibly lined her pockets with some "start up" funds and tax breaks). Sounds shady to me.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #11484 on: August 07, 2020, 08:10:08 PM »

The way I read it is Jack & Edo had the wherewithal to start a company and Fergie didn't so they got everything put in place and then "resigned" and left Fergie in sole charge. Now she gets to rake in all the profits if there ever are any (and possibly lined her pockets with some "start up" funds and tax breaks). Sounds shady to me.

Its called pensioning off the inconvenient money-pit of a mother-in-law so that she has a steady stream of income without them having to fork over hard cash and being caught up in whatever shady and stupid shenanigans she will ultimately entangle herself and that company in, thus preserving the personal relationship.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11485 on: August 07, 2020, 08:35:30 PM »

Its called pensioning off the inconvenient money-pit of a mother-in-law so that she has a steady stream of income without them having to fork over hard cash and being caught up in whatever shady and stupid shenanigans she will ultimately entangle herself and that company in, thus preserving the personal relationship.

Exactly! They'll need to start a new company once she runs out of funding from this one. Rinse, repeat.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11486 on: August 07, 2020, 08:45:51 PM »

Exactly! They'll need to start a new company once she runs out of funding from this one. Rinse, repeat.

This!  It’s like blackmail, once you pay it you’re stuck for life.

Good for them for heading her off.  But she’ll probably still tag along on social outings.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #11487 on: August 07, 2020, 09:15:22 PM »

This!  It’s like blackmail, once you pay it you’re stuck for life.

Good for them for heading her off.  But she’ll probably still tag along on social outings.

Perhaps they think it is a good deal.

If all they have to do is set up a company for Fergie to run every few years and the only cost to them are registration fees, maybe to them it is a better alternative than to pay her an allowance of thousands of pounds monthly which she will run through in the space of 2 weeks.
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11488 on: August 07, 2020, 10:15:09 PM »

Sorry, I just don’t buy the “forever love” and “remarry after the old stodgy folks die.”

Each of them is simply too supremely selfish to truly love another person.  I think they come closest in their daughters.  Even then, for each of them, the love is transactional.  Fergie sees the girls as extensions of herself with no agency other than to prop her up.  Andrew’s is more at-arms-length; he also sees them as an extension of himself and bristled plenty when they were sidelined as Royals.  I think he viewed that much more as a snub to him that his seed was not endlessly honored rather than if the girls wanted it or not.  He sure had no problem tossing them into his gaping wounds to staunch the bleed during his infamous interview, which also says to me they are less of a person and more of an object to him.

They may remarry - but I think too much is made about waiting for the old folks to die to do it. I think a lot of the noise around this is a fiction maintained by the Fergie machinery.  “Love rent asunder!  Shall be re-united!  Love conquers all!”  I think that Andrew is such a favy favorite of the Queen that if Andy said he really wanted to remarry Fergie, Mummy would have found a way to let them do it (but Phil sensibly would have stayed away, in the manner that the Queen stayed away from Charles’ wedding to Camilla).

Each of them had reason to pursue these outside activities for their own selfish interests:  Andrew, to assure himself that he was still so amazingly Royally important that people would throw underage girls and money at him and despots would flatter him: pure and unadulterated ego; and Fergie out of a greed insatiable - for money, to be liked, to be desired, to be “full” and never hungry for anything.  Both of them utterly bottomless - each could be fed their chosen food on a continuous drip and never be sated.

They can remarry or not, each of them represents their own version of a black hole.  But I’d never mistake that for love.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11489 on: August 08, 2020, 06:16:36 AM »

I would just like to say...yes, the parents are both awful as individuals and I dare say as a couple. But B and E have turned out to be far better than a certain other fire on the lawn. And would hope that if needed, they would step in.
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: