Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 779   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1959119 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11520 on: December 18, 2020, 07:44:36 PM »

Well he was a Falklands hero and that was really his first introduction to the public as an adult. It was a strange little war and he was the (handsome) face of victory. And had the queen's stardust on him. So yes people gave him the benefit of the doubt. As time has gone on his looks haven't prevented people from souring on him. Maria is right his reluctance or the queen's insistence that the authorities not touch him has kept focus on him and not on more deeply embedded criminal actors from seeing justice.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11521 on: December 18, 2020, 11:44:56 PM »

I don't think here in the US it would be any offense. I do think he is genuinely too stupid to know she was trafficked. They are all dumb as a box of rocks and entitled. She was also of age, so I don't think he would really be tried for any actual crime though logically we all know she was trafficked, abused, etc.

He deserves a fair trial as everyone does.

I can't see HM ever letting go of him though. He's her favorite. She will continue to protect him. Charles and William though are the future and have more say in sidelining him. I think the Queen doesn't want to do that.
Arranging transport of  a female, regardless of age,   over the State or Federal border for the purposes of prostitution or debauchery  is a violation of the Mann Act  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_Act#:~:text=It%20is%20named%20after%20Congressman,for%20any%20other%20immoral%20purpose%22. Virginia has said that she was brought to Pedo Island for the explicit purpose of servicing Prince Sweaty.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11522 on: January 17, 2021, 10:54:56 AM »

https://www.dailymail.co....user.html#article-9155109

If this is true...gosh how low can these people get?!
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11523 on: February 07, 2021, 11:14:28 PM »

Andrew certainly does seem to have a type in friends  https://torontosun.com/ne...rs-bahamas-mansion-report.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11524 on: February 08, 2021, 01:56:07 AM »

Andrew certainly does seem to have a type in friends  https://torontosun.com/ne...rs-bahamas-mansion-report.

How disgusting and creepy. These men think they are bullet proof, donít they?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11525 on: February 08, 2021, 11:33:44 AM »

They can still drown!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11526 on: February 08, 2021, 01:36:57 PM »

I think Andrew had the typical "rich kid problem". He was spoilt, after Charles had children "unemployed" and he always felt entitled and deprived from a clear meaning in life.

The Queen, Prince Philipp and Anne are cut of of the same wood - I think they enjoy the royal life style without flashing money and they are getting a great satisfaction from working very had + living in the country.

Charles goes a bit in that direction - he also works a considerable amount, likes the countryside and engages in his projects.

I think Andrew had low moral standards combined with his overinflated sense of entitlement "my family is important". He can't get any kick out of the respectable upper class entertainments (riding, hunting). So he had them providing some entertainment for him that is backfiring now big time.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11527 on: February 08, 2021, 01:47:49 PM »

I think Andrew had the typical "rich kid problem". He was spoilt, after Charles had children "unemployed" and he always felt entitled and deprived from a clear meaning in life.

The Queen, Prince Philipp and Anne are cut of of the same wood - I think they enjoy the royal life style without flashing money and they are getting a great satisfaction from working very had + living in the country.

Charles goes a bit in that direction - he also works a considerable amount, likes the countryside and engages in his projects.

I think Andrew had low moral standards combined with his overinflated sense of entitlement "my family is important". He can't get any kick out of the respectable upper class entertainments (riding, hunting). So he had them providing some entertainment for him that is backfiring now big time.

Yes and while he had a long career in the Navy I doubt he had too many ďsmartsĒ so he mixed in a very narrow world ... most aristocratic men did and many had hidden lives back then... luckily there was no social media or paps around
Gemsheal

Medium Member

Classic stink eye

Ignore
« Reply #11528 on: February 08, 2021, 07:27:05 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co....user.html#article-9155109

If this is true...gosh how low can these people get?!

Filthy Fergie strikes again .. of course it would be HER aide, probably at HER instigation, who started the contact with Ms. Brown.  Talk about some people who never learn. 
 Dash2

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #11529 on: February 09, 2021, 12:49:55 AM »

They can still drown!

Of course...  What else will come out?

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11530 on: February 19, 2021, 07:44:31 PM »

Thinking about todayís announcement...I know that Andrewís charities were dropping him hot and fast before he stepped back (though someone might want to inform royal.uk).  But what about his military positions?  Iím trying to remember if there was a similar announcement or if any were quietly reassigned or if he still has them?

Anyone...
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11531 on: February 19, 2021, 07:51:10 PM »

As far as I am aware, he still holds them.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #11532 on: February 19, 2021, 09:25:43 PM »

These are the Military Honors listed on Andrew's Wikipedia page. I've been able to locate some information from both Wikipedia and the webpage the regiments etc. themselves. I took the liberty of removing one that had been disbanded and another that was folded into another regiment.

Honorary military appointments:

Canada

Canada Colonel-in-Chief of the Queen's York Rangers (1st American Regiment)
On the Queen's York Rangers website as Colonel in Chief

Canada Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada
Still listed on Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada Wikipedia page

Canada Colonel-in-Chief of the Princess Louise Fusiliers
Still listed as Colonel-in-Chief on Princess Louise Fusiliers Wikipedia page

New Zealand

Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal New Zealand Army Logistic Regiment
 United Kingdom
On Royal New Zealand Army Logistic Regiment Wikipedia page as Colonel-in-Chief

United Kingdom

1 February 1984: Personal Aide-de-Camp to the Queen

United Kingdom Colonel of the Grenadier Guards
Still listed on Grenadier Guards Wikipedia page and  Grenadier Guards website

United Kingdom Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Irish Regiment (27th (Inniskilling) 83rd and 87th and Ulster Defence Regiment)
Still listed on Royal Irish Regiment Wikipedia page

United Kingdom Colonel-in-Chief of the Small Arms School Corps
No mention on Small Arms School Corps Wikipedia page or Small Arms School Corps website

United Kingdom Colonel-in-Chief of the Yorkshire Regiment (14th/15th, 19th and 33rd/76th Foot)
Still on Yorkshire Regiment Wikipedia page

United Kingdom Royal Colonel of the Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion Royal Regiment of Scotland
Still on Royal Highland Fusiliers Wikipedia page

United Kingdom Honorary Air Commodore, Royal Air Force Lossiemouth
No mention on Wikipedia page or RAF Lossiemouth web page

United Kingdom Commodore-in-Chief of the Fleet Air Arm
Still listed on Wikipedia Fleet Air Arm page

United Kingdom Admiral of the Sea Cadet Corps
Admiral from 1992 -2019

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11533 on: February 19, 2021, 10:23:18 PM »

Well that needs to be addressed.  It can be done quietly but considering he was forced to retire in disgrace Iím not pleased. 

If the line is no military positions of no working royals then...(and yeah I know the situations are different but still).
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #11534 on: February 19, 2021, 10:50:40 PM »

Well that needs to be addressed.  It can be done quietly but considering he was forced to retire in disgrace Iím not pleased.  

If the line is no military positions of no working royals then...(and yeah I know the situations are different but still).

I think quite a lot of it has to do with the fact that Andrew 'retired', withdrew to Royal Lodge, and has neither been seen nor heard, for the most part. Not even on the occasion of Bea's wedding or Eugenie's new son.

He'll most likely be quietly replaced, eventually. The regiments etc. may just be leaving him in place until then.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 779   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: