Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yorks - News  (Read 1905842 times)
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11535 on: February 19, 2021, 10:53:44 PM »

Most of Andrew's charities still have him as their patron. Only a few actually dropped him.

Of course the fact that he is still in the UK, hasn't badmouthed the country or the family is one reason but the most important one is that he hasn't been charged with a crime, hasn't been tried for a crime and certainly hasn't been convicted of a crime. In the UK that is a cornerstone of their legal system - innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Andrew has also been keeping his head down - not courting the media. He has done a few things to help during covid - there were the images of Sarah and Andrew helping with care packages for NHS workers which people criticised him for doing and the next week Edward and Sophie were praised for doing the same thing.

I believe Andrew has continued to work with many of his charities, but without publicity - certainly it is what my friends in the UK have told me is happening. Unlike Harry, Andrew is asking what he can do and how he can help behind the scenes. From what I am hearing Andrew is still working for his charities while Harry and Meghan stopped doing that.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #11536 on: February 20, 2021, 12:18:04 AM »

Thank you luvcharles, it's very interesting to know that Andrew has be quietly working behind the scenes for his charities. I had no idea. Perhaps he is doing the same with his mililtary patronages, too. 

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #11537 on: February 20, 2021, 03:29:47 PM »

Agreed - good for him to keep busy with some worthwhile causes.  Maybe staying behind the scenes less hiding and more smart PR from the monarchy.  He’s doing some good while staying out of sight and it rufflingany more feathers, saying the wrong things.  Look what time and patience did for Camilla’s case - she was so hated afterCharles and Diana’s divorce but with carefully managed PR and time, she gradually entered royal life and now people love her.  Not that Andrew is going to reach that status but maybe he can come out from the underground.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11538 on: February 20, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »

Agreed - good for him to keep busy with some worthwhile causes.  Maybe staying behind the scenes less hiding and more smart PR from the monarchy.  He’s doing some good while staying out of sight and it rufflingany more feathers, saying the wrong things.  Look what time and patience did for Camilla’s case - she was so hated afterCharles and Diana’s divorce but with carefully managed PR and time, she gradually entered royal life and now people love her.  Not that Andrew is going to reach that status but maybe he can come out from the underground.
Camilla seems like a good egg. Andrew never has. When he was younger, he was just a young oaf.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #11539 on: February 20, 2021, 04:01:31 PM »

Camilla seems like a good egg. Andrew never has. When he was younger, he was just a young oaf.

I agree. Camilla's mistakes are very, very different than Andrew's. It's great if his patronages still find him helpful and welcome his continued involvement behind the scenes, but I don't think he needs to be un-retired ever. Even if he's as innocent as he claims, his lack of judgement in being associated with Epstein brings major problems to the BRF.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11540 on: February 20, 2021, 04:12:52 PM »

Andrew is not actively and deliberately trying to sabotage the monarchy. He’s a scum and probably a pedo, to be sure. But his actions have always been self involved and not openly trying to start war with his mum and palace officials. He’s a total prick.

When people compare what his nephew and wife are doing are not as bad as what he did, it’s apples and oranges. They have done damage and have more people questioning HM’s judgment and the monarchy in general. Rather dangerous for the monarchy.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11541 on: February 20, 2021, 10:47:48 PM »

Even Charles can be a petulant and self regarding jerk. I mean these royals are still human and full of fault. Their business is to work for the country and it seems that is what lesson the queen did quite good at because even dumb entitled Andrew is doing it and it explains why his daughters have a sense of legacy and decency. Andrew unlike Harold doesn't want to light a match under the very institution that gives him cover. Harry is just dumb and mean. I agree with Antevorta that while Andrew is unsavory in light of the Epstein connection which I think has to do a lot but not exclusively with helping Sarah - another misguided but well sourced impulse - but only a court case or charge would kickstart a formal move by the palace and his charities. This is actually smart and fair and upholds the authority of the law. It may also have to do with love and respect for the queen and duke who do not have that much longer. Let us see what happens when there is a new monarch.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #11542 on: February 21, 2021, 01:23:16 AM »

A few of you need to remember that Harry and Meghan are O/T Snare
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11543 on: February 21, 2021, 01:24:42 AM »

I'm sorry Maria you can call me out directly. I flub up on occasion so I'm one of your bad children for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: