Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Haya News and Pictures  (Read 196971 times)
Clover

Gigantic Member

United States United States

My daughter loves horses!

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: July 06, 2019, 03:01:35 PM »

We don‘t know if she‘s the first woman who dumped him. But she is the first one who stood in the public eye with him. And she took the children. That would probably be inacceptable for him.

You hit the nail on the head.  More than anything his pride is hurt.  The Sheikh is powerful man and if he wanted to destroy her life he can.  Unfortunately even in this day people have the power to do that.  Princess Haya cannot be protected 24 hours a day...7 days a week for the rest of her life.  I don't envy the position she is in.

I don't know much about Sheikh as a father but the photos that Princess Haya have shared or the media shows a man who loves his daughter (with Haya), Jalila.
I'm sceptical about this. Many parents love their children, until said chidlren start to have their own dreams and targets in life and when those dreams are far from what the parents want, love is gone and replaced by toxic, manipulative manners.

This true. I see parents behave this way all the time. Children are very submissive until they reach their teens and some parents can't handle this time of breaking away from many things including family and cultural traditions. I think Mo is like this. He probably likes little children but is a terror to his older, adult children.

What was Haya thinking? Maybe she didn't have a choice and had to marry Mo? I really don't know how she thought her life would be different from his other wives even though he paraded her in front of the Queen of England at horse shows. I never believed this marriage was a healthy experience for Haya - she married him in 2004. So maybe the marriage broke down as many marriages do after many years? But the only problem is in the arab culture you can check out anytime you like but you can't ever leave - welcome to hotel Dubai.  Nerves

I hope she will be safe and protected. I wonder what King Abdullah of Jordan is doing for her protection?

https://www.theguardian.c...cess-haya-sheikh-mohammed

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: July 07, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »

Dubai is absolutely safe to get around, but one would of course only do that with a car. It is incredibly hot, not really pretty but a huge construction site. Just not a place where one would want to go for a walk. But I‘d certainly feel safer walking around there than in any american inner city. Dubai is unsafe only for the workers onnthe construction sites and the maids who work for ill tempered local ladies. But there are no shootings, no robbers, no addicts or drunks hanging around and no sexual transgressions. The worst thing expat pilots moan about is the arrogance of the few locals towards all expat workers, and the boredom.

[/quote]

OK, as a born and bred lifetime New Yorker, and someone whose father had a business in the South Bronx for 60 years, I have to take exception to this. From the time I was a small child my dad would send me up the block on my own to get him a milk shake. I have never once had a problem. Your view of American cities is rather inaccurate. While yes, there are certainly people who buy alcohol or drugs, but last I looked, there is no one kidnapping their children in international waters to hold them prisoner for the rest of their lives. There is no one sending a hit squad with bone saws to dismember people who might write for a newspapers (Yes, I know that's Saudi, but the middle east has it's own special atrocities), no one is telling their female family members that they cannot leave the house without a male's permission. Our women, drive, vote and have freedom to marry and divorce at THEIR pleasure...without having to flee the country and go into hiding... Have you even ever been to an American inner city?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 04:53:44 PM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: July 07, 2019, 05:01:58 PM »

I like your reply Duchess I think inner city is a dated phrase and too often has ugly racial connotations. Inner cities are now where rich empty nesters want to live and there is lots of renovation of older houses. all cities will have problems but that is because they are places where lots of people are living closer together than in suburbs and small towns. I wish we could live in the middle of a city but it is just cheaper to live in a town nearby and drive. There is crime here too it is all a trade off.
Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: July 08, 2019, 12:38:37 AM »

OK, as a born and bred lifetime New Yorker, and someone whose father had a business in the South Bronx for 60 years, I have to take exception to this. From the time I was a small child my dad would send me up the block on my own to get him a milk shake. I have never once had a problem. Your view of American cities is rather inaccurate. While yes, there are certainly people who buy alcohol or drugs, but last I looked, there is no one kidnapping their children in international waters to hold them prisoner for the rest of their lives. There is no one sending a hit squad with bone saws to dismember people who might write for a newspapers (Yes, I know that's Saudi, but the middle east has it's own special atrocities), no one is telling their female family members that they cannot leave the house without a male's permission. Our women, drive, vote and have freedom to marry and divorce at THEIR pleasure...without having to flee the country and go into hiding... Have you even ever been to an American inner city?
[/quote]

I‘ve lived in Providence for a while, and spent time in Boston, Pittsburgh and Denver. I found none of these cities hospitable downtown after the shops closed, and would not have walked alone through a park in the dark. Somebody buying alcohol and drugs would have been my least worry. I found that there where a lot of mad and aggressive people around. That was about 25 years ago. My brother is an airline pilot, and for Los Angeles and San Francisco he gets a map which shows him where not to go when he walks out of the hotel. You don‘t get that for Istanbul or Dubai, but again, you would not go for walks in the later, but it‘s crime rate is really minimal. No school shootings that I ever heard of.

You know, people don‘t really get killed with bone saws a lot in Turkey, nor do women have to ask for permission to go out or are forbidden to drive in Dubai. They might not though, because it is a status thing to have a driver.  I certainly felt safer in Dubai than in many other places around the globe. Statistic chances to get shot are definitely much higher in the US than in Dubai. Pickpockets is not something one is warned about, nor has anybody I know ever had anything stolen there, quite unlike London or Zurich. Actually, the very fact that Haya could buy herself a 100 Million$ mansion in London and leave Dubai with her children and lots of money shows that she was not restricted in her movement. It seems to me that Shaykh Mo has big time family problems, but that is not a reflection of the avarage Emirati life. After all, you and your neighbour would probably not get away with what your head of state gets away with..😉

But I do understand that the absence of crime in Dubai is the result of brutal opression.

https://www.numbeo.com/cr...ing=getDispatchComparison
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 12:52:15 AM by Astrid » Logged
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: July 08, 2019, 11:37:29 PM »

^ Interesting. My husband went to college at Washington and Jefferson in Pittsburgh. In all the times we have been back I have found the people there to be real 'salt of the earth' types. We are looking at U of Providence the end of the month for our daughter, one of the reasons is it's a very safe area, and my in laws are in Newport. But I guess we each have a different perspective on what make one feel safe or comfortable
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: July 09, 2019, 10:05:54 AM »

It can happen anywhere….

I am currently reading a book about DNA forensic research. Items are presented on the basis of real crimes in which DNA has been or could have been of interest. In addition to notorious cases in the big cities, in the neighborhoods known for crime and such,  also many (severe) cases in rural areas, supposedly quiet and charming.

A recent big case in the Netherlands was the brutal murder of 25-year-old student from Utrecht, Anne Faber. She went missing on 29 September 2017 at Soest during a bicycle ride in the rural area, after which her dead body was found almost two weeks later. She appeared to have been raped and murdered. The perpetrator turned out to be a 28-year-old man (then 27), who was in compulsory treatment in the Forensic Psychiatric Department nearby.
Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: July 12, 2019, 07:03:45 AM »

I think the great majority of us have a very superficial idea of what's happening at the moment.  I read an article a few days ago that opened up a different line of thinking - the shit, awful political maneuvering happening in the Middle East which can have very serious consequences for us all.  And this is an article that could be published, the reality will be much more awful.  

Again,  I don't think we, the general public, know even 1% of what's going on behind Haya's fleeing UAE.

https://www.abc.es/estilo...201907070124_noticia.html

The pressure of the Emirates on Abdullah II, key to the flight of the Hague from Jordan
Beyond the marital disagreements, Mohamed bin Rashid would have urged his wife to play a more decisive political role before her brother

The reason for Haya's flight from Jordan comes to light  
The Arab princesses who escaped from the "golden cage" of their marriage
The dispute in the British courts over the divorce between Princess Haya bin Hussein , sister of the King of Jordan, Abdullah , and her husband, the Emir of Dubai and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Rashid , is aware of his first attempts since flight of the Princess of Dubai in the company of her two children, 7 and 11 years old. Some tabloids, like "The Sun", pick up the rumor of the Gulf press, which suggests that Haya, 45, would have eloped with the chief of the emir's bodyguards. Others, such as "The Daily Beast", claim that the Princess has already requested political asylum in Germany.

The case would be resolved, however, in the courts of London at the end of the month, city of assiduous visit by the ex-Emirati royal ex-according to "The Times", Princess Haya has a house valued at 85 million in the city. pounds (95 million euros). Both Haya and Mohamed, 70, who had already had five women before and has 23 children, are friends with Queen Elizabeth of England , and their presence has been usual in British social events such as the Ascot race, where the most important are not those of horses. Since they met in Jerez de la Frontera in 2002, equestrianism has been one of the shared passions between Bin Rashid and Haya.

According to the Israeli press, the emir of Dubai only intends with the lawsuit to recover his two sons, and shows an attitude of "contempt" towards his wife . A text of the sovereign creso of the small emiratí territory, raised to the social networks, thus it makes it to understand. «Go with who you are now busy!», Says the peculiar poem directed by Bin Rashid to a person he does not identify. Haya on the other hand, according to "The Jerusalem Post", will denounce her husband in the courts for "abuses".

Diplomatic fronts
Conjugal disagreements could be just the pretext. Arab diplomatic sources, who have requested anonymity, point out that the straw that broke the glass of the Jordanian Princess would have been the pressures of her husband so that Haya played a more decisive political role before his brother in the palace of Amman. The United Arab Emirates, together with the oil superpower of the area, Saudi Arabia, are embarked on a series of military and diplomatic fronts in which, by tradition and prudence, the Hashemite monarchy of Jordan is absent.

The differences focus in particular on Iran - a country visited by Abdalá in 2003 in the face of the scandal of the remaining Sunni monarchs - and Qatar, the small and very rich Gulf kingdom faced with Saudi Arabia and the Emirates and which suffers an economic and political boycott by these. Both Riyadh and Dubai also want support from Amman in the war in Syria , despite the sensitivity of the case due to the number of Syrian refugees that hosts Jordan. The country - modest and secular - of King Abdullah is the second in the world with the most refugees per capita.

The Hashemite monarch strives to withstand the Saudi and Emirati pressure, not only for the Hague marriage but also for the 200,000 Jordanian citizens working in the United Arab Emirates, and for the financial assistance he receives from this country.

Abdalá is obliged to walk on the razor's edge not only for his brother-in-law Bin Rashid but also for the maneuvers carried out by the Saudi regime, led in the shade by the heir, Mohamed bin Salman. According to "The Jerusalem Post," last month the leader of the Islamic Movement in Israel Kamal Jatib expressed his fears that Jordan would lose custody of Muslim holy places in Jerusalem, particularly the mosque esplanade and Al Aqsa, from where Mohammed tradition began his celestial journey on the back of his horse. Jordanians and Palestinians fear that the patronage of the holiest third places in Islam - after Mecca and Medina - will pass to Saudi Arabia as a "gift of Donald Trump " to Riyadh's allied regime.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: July 12, 2019, 08:22:38 AM »

(..) But I guess we each have a different perspective on what make one feel safe or comfortable
I don't want to take your words out of context, but I feel this is the essence of the matter: usually we feel safe and comfortable with things that are familiar to us. Strange and foreign environments, people and situations scare us.
With your home turf you get used to what's possible, what should be avoided, how to behave and how to blend in. The locals never behave like the "tourists".
Similarly as a fun example: anyone really afraid to go into your own basement at night? No, right? In horror movies however I forever shake my head the stupidity of the dumb heroine who goes down there, where everybody knows  the sadistic Killer is lying in wait.
Perceptions and what the media tells us is also a huge factor: here in Europe you really wonder how mothers let their children go to Schools in the US, since school shootings seem to be so very common. And Europe still gets the US tourists who wouldn't touch the tap water and wonder at the fact that medival towns in Germany already have cars and modern life styles..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: July 12, 2019, 03:20:35 PM »

I think the great majority of us have a very superficial idea of what's happening at the moment.  I read an article a few days ago that opened up a different line of thinking - the shit, awful political maneuvering happening in the Middle East which can have very serious consequences for us all.  And this is an article that could be published, the reality will be much more awful.  

Again,  I don't think we, the general public, know even 1% of what's going on behind Haya's fleeing UAE.

https://www.abc.es/estilo...201907070124_noticia.html

The pressure of the Emirates on Abdullah II, key to the flight of the Hague from Jordan
Beyond the marital disagreements, Mohamed bin Rashid would have urged his wife to play a more decisive political role before her brother

The reason for Haya's flight from Jordan comes to light  
The Arab princesses who escaped from the "golden cage" of their marriage
The dispute in the British courts over the divorce between Princess Haya bin Hussein , sister of the King of Jordan, Abdullah , and her husband, the Emir of Dubai and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Rashid , is aware of his first attempts since flight of the Princess of Dubai in the company of her two children, 7 and 11 years old. Some tabloids, like "The Sun", pick up the rumor of the Gulf press, which suggests that Haya, 45, would have eloped with the chief of the emir's bodyguards. Others, such as "The Daily Beast", claim that the Princess has already requested political asylum in Germany.

The case would be resolved, however, in the courts of London at the end of the month, city of assiduous visit by the ex-Emirati royal ex-according to "The Times", Princess Haya has a house valued at 85 million in the city. pounds (95 million euros). Both Haya and Mohamed, 70, who had already had five women before and has 23 children, are friends with Queen Elizabeth of England , and their presence has been usual in British social events such as the Ascot race, where the most important are not those of horses. Since they met in Jerez de la Frontera in 2002, equestrianism has been one of the shared passions between Bin Rashid and Haya.

According to the Israeli press, the emir of Dubai only intends with the lawsuit to recover his two sons, and shows an attitude of "contempt" towards his wife . A text of the sovereign creso of the small emiratí territory, raised to the social networks, thus it makes it to understand. «Go with who you are now busy!», Says the peculiar poem directed by Bin Rashid to a person he does not identify. Haya on the other hand, according to "The Jerusalem Post", will denounce her husband in the courts for "abuses".

Diplomatic fronts
Conjugal disagreements could be just the pretext. Arab diplomatic sources, who have requested anonymity, point out that the straw that broke the glass of the Jordanian Princess would have been the pressures of her husband so that Haya played a more decisive political role before his brother in the palace of Amman. The United Arab Emirates, together with the oil superpower of the area, Saudi Arabia, are embarked on a series of military and diplomatic fronts in which, by tradition and prudence, the Hashemite monarchy of Jordan is absent.

The differences focus in particular on Iran - a country visited by Abdalá in 2003 in the face of the scandal of the remaining Sunni monarchs - and Qatar, the small and very rich Gulf kingdom faced with Saudi Arabia and the Emirates and which suffers an economic and political boycott by these. Both Riyadh and Dubai also want support from Amman in the war in Syria , despite the sensitivity of the case due to the number of Syrian refugees that hosts Jordan. The country - modest and secular - of King Abdullah is the second in the world with the most refugees per capita.

The Hashemite monarch strives to withstand the Saudi and Emirati pressure, not only for the Hague marriage but also for the 200,000 Jordanian citizens working in the United Arab Emirates, and for the financial assistance he receives from this country.

Abdalá is obliged to walk on the razor's edge not only for his brother-in-law Bin Rashid but also for the maneuvers carried out by the Saudi regime, led in the shade by the heir, Mohamed bin Salman. According to "The Jerusalem Post," last month the leader of the Islamic Movement in Israel Kamal Jatib expressed his fears that Jordan would lose custody of Muslim holy places in Jerusalem, particularly the mosque esplanade and Al Aqsa, from where Mohammed tradition began his celestial journey on the back of his horse. Jordanians and Palestinians fear that the patronage of the holiest third places in Islam - after Mecca and Medina - will pass to Saudi Arabia as a "gift of Donald Trump " to Riyadh's allied regime.

I am afraid that the article is not very accurate
1-Haya never had a good relation with her brother abdullah enough of relation that she will be asked to talk to her brother for anything.
2-from the start Jordan sides with UAE and SA arabia in the crisis wuth Qatar they don't have to make alot of pressure here although Abdullah try to balance the things between the 3 gulf states
3-i don't know for Iran but sure a vidit back in 2003 wont be be making tell now alot of fuss plus we can't really say Jordan and Iran are close allies or even try to be.

I totally agree that we don't know for sure what exactly is between Haya and Mo but yet Abdullah seems not to be very involved and his last visit (june 2019) to UAE was clear message that with the high power in UAE (CP Mohammed ben Zayed) it's cool and Haya and Mo can go to f**** them selves because clearly he doesn't care as long as his postion is not in danger.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: July 12, 2019, 08:53:54 PM »

EXCLUSIVE - Revealed: British bodyguard whose 'close friendship' with runaway Princess Haya is at centre of her divorce battle with Dubai's Sheikh Maktoum is an ex-soldier separated from his wife

https://www.dailymail.co....-Haya-centre-divorce.html
BaileyB

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2019, 09:26:49 PM »

(..) But I guess we each have a different perspective on what make one feel safe or comfortable
I don't want to take your words out of context, but I feel this is the essence of the matter: usually we feel safe and comfortable with things that are familiar to us. Strange and foreign environments, people and situations scare us.
With your home turf you get used to what's possible, what should be avoided, how to behave and how to blend in. The locals never behave like the "tourists".
Similarly as a fun example: anyone really afraid to go into your own basement at night? No, right? In horror movies however I forever shake my head the stupidity of the dumb heroine who goes down there, where everybody knows  the sadistic Killer is lying in wait.
Perceptions and what the media tells us is also a huge factor: here in Europe you really wonder how mothers let their children go to Schools in the US, since school shootings seem to be so very common. And Europe still gets the US tourists who wouldn't touch the tap water and wonder at the fact that medival towns in Germany already have cars and modern life styles..

Brilliantly put
Grand Duchess Zenobia

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: July 14, 2019, 06:09:47 PM »

EXCLUSIVE - Revealed: British bodyguard whose 'close friendship' with runaway Princess Haya is at centre of her divorce battle with Dubai's Sheikh Maktoum is an ex-soldier separated from his wife

I find it a bit unbelievable.... She was born and raised in the culture and knows better then that..... As well I doubt her husband would let it go ....

Clover

Gigantic Member

My daughter loves horses!

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: July 14, 2019, 07:54:14 PM »

I find it a bit unbelievable.... She was born and raised in the culture and knows better then that..... As well I doubt her husband would let it go ....

I don't believe it! I think its a smear campaign to discredit Haya. I wonder if she will ever be safe?

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: July 15, 2019, 10:43:55 PM »

sorry but at this point i can believe anything,a woman who married Mo knowing who is Mo can do anything imo...sorry
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:03:50 PM by Rita » Logged

Saltypleb

Baby Member

Pakistan Pakistan

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: July 26, 2019, 10:05:08 PM »

I won't speak about American inner cities based on my lack of awareness on the subject but I am appalled at "the middle east has its own special atrocities" statement. It's in extremely bad taste. You do realize there are countries in the Middle East where women can drive safely and are able to do everything they want? I have family who had lived in Middle Eastern countries and females have driven alone and done stuff on their own as well. I have never asked for a man's permission before leaving my house. You're describing Saudi Arabia and projecting the Saudi monarchy on all Middle Eastern countries which is highly unfortunate. I also drive, vote and have the freedom to marry and divorce at my pleasure. The reason I am writing this post is to clarify respectfully that designating any region or country with the claims of engaging in 'special atrocities" is dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:12:30 PM by Saltypleb » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: