Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Haya News and Pictures  (Read 249659 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: March 06, 2020, 10:42:28 AM »

More detailed coverage from the Guardian:

Ministers, police and prosecutors are under pressure to bring the ruler of Dubai to justice after a UK judge ruled that he orchestrated the abduction of two of daughters – one from the streets of Cambridge.

The damning family court judgment naming Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, who is a friend of the Queen and one of the UK’s most important figures in horse-racing, risks destabilising diplomatic relations with the United Arab Emirates, a close Gulf ally.

His behaviour was described by the judge, Sir Andrew McFarlane, on the balance of probabilities as amounting to potentially breaking English and international law.

The ruling found that the police officer investigating the abduction of Princess Shamsa from Cambridge in 2000, when she was 19, was prevented from travelling to Dubai to pursue his criminal inquiries.

DCI David Beck of Cambridgeshire police was denied permission to fly out to the Gulf to interview “potential witnesses” after making a formal request to the Crown Prosecution Service, the ruling found. The Foreign Office refused to hand over its files on the case to the court.

The Guardian and other news organisations can reveal the ruling following months of private hearings and a legal dispute that reached the supreme court. It details an extraordinary family saga spanning 20 years during which the sheikh, 70, organised international kidnappings, imprisoned both Shamsa and another daughter, Latifa, and “deprived [them] of their liberty”.

Princess Latifa, then 32, was seized by Indian army commandos from the Indian Ocean in 2018 after fleeing her home, and was forcibly returned to Dubai.

Allegations of torture surfaced during the case. Latifa said she was exposed at one stage to “constant torture”, and the judge, while he did not make any finding on that specific point, said he felt confident in relying upon her account. She claimed to have been kept in solitude in the dark and beaten repeatedly.

The sheikh’s actions emerged after his sixth and youngest wife, Princess Haya, 45, fled to London last April with their two young children. His attempt to return the children to Dubai triggered a legal action in the family courts.

Haya resisted it with a counter-claim seeking a forced marriage protection order in respect of their daughter, alleging that the sheikh was trying to marry her off to the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. ‘MBS’, as he is better known, has been accused of involvement in the murder of the dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The court did not find this allegation to be true.

The judgment raises questions about whether the Foreign Office blocked the police investigation into the disappearance of Shamsa, after she had fled to Cambridge from Surrey in 2000. McFarlane said he was unable to make a determination because the Foreign Office refused to cooperate on freedom of information grounds.

Following the ruling, Labour’s shadow attorney general, Shami Chakrabarti, said: “This is clearly a shocking judgment. Both Priti Patel [the home secretary] and Dominic Raab [the foreign secretary] must urgently investigate why a criminal inquiry into a kidnap in Cambridge appears to have been impeded.”

David Haigh, the British lawyer for Princess Latifa, told the Guardian that he was sending the judgment to the United Nations’ working group on enforced or involuntary disappearances, which is already investigating Latifa’s disappearance.

“We are delighted with the judgment,” he said. “It’s vindication for everything we have been saying, vindication for Shamsa, Latifa and Haya.”

Haigh said that he and Tiina Jauhiainen, Latifa’s close friend, had been interviewed at the end of last year by Cambridge police, who are still investigating Shamsa’s abduction. He added: “It is now clear to see why Sheikh Mohammed did not want these judgments to be made available to the world. They show him as someone unfit to be in charge of children, let alone a state that is an ally of the UK.”

Sheikh Mohammed’s behaviour was first highlighted by a Guardian article in 2001, the judgment noted, adding that Haya read the story about Shamsa’s disappearance in 2016 but initially did not believe her husband was implicated.

Sheikh Mohammed is also the vice-president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates. He has fathered 25 children; his two with Haya are the youngest.

He refused to attend any of the multiple hearings at the Royal Courts of Justice in central London. His wife, Haya, was a constant presence in court, sitting alongside her solicitor, the prominent divorce lawyer Lady Shackleton.

The judgment goes into detail about the campaign of harassment endured by Haya. The judge accepted virtually all her allegations as true on the balance of probabilities, including that the sheikh:

-Attempted to have her abducted by helicopter.
-Arranged for guns to be left in her bedroom.
-Taunted her over her adulterous relationship with a bodyguard.
-Divorced her without telling her.
-Threatened to seize their children.
-Published threatening poems about her online.

McFarlane finds that their relationship had deteriorated and that sometime in 2017 or 2018 she “embarked upon an adulterous relationship with one of her male bodyguards”.

In early 2019, Haya began to show interest in the fate of her husband’s daughters, Shamsa and Latifa. According to the judgment, the sheikh began to make threats against her and in February, divorced her under sharia law without informing her.

On 11 March that year, the judgment records, a helicopter landed near her compound in Dubai and the pilot told her he was going to take her to Awir, “a prison in the desert”.

Haya said that if her son had not been there and clung on to her leg, she would have been taken away. The judgment added: “Flight documents with respect to the helicopter have been disclosed and show that one of the crew was one of the three people named by Shamsa and [an employee of the sheikh] as being involved in Shamsa’s removal from England in 2000.”

It continues: “Throughout this period the mother received a series of anonymous notes, left in her bedroom or elsewhere, making threats, for example ‘We will take your son – your daughter is ours – your life is over’ or warning her to be careful ... On two occasions in March 2019, the mother states that she found a gun left on her bed with the muzzle pointing towards the door and the safety catch off.”

In June, the sheikh published a poem entitled You Lived and Died. Haya saw it as a direct threat to her and a public announcement of her “betrayal”.

The poem stated: “You traitor, you betrayed the most precious trust. I exposed you and your games … I have the evidence that convicts you of what you have done … You know your actions are an insult … Let’s see if mischief brings you benefits, I care not whether you live or die.”

McFarlane’s judgment explains that his ruling “may well involve findings, albeit on the civil standard, of behaviour which is contrary to the criminal law of England and Wales, international law, international maritime law, and internationally accepted human rights norms”.

The civil standard is a conclusion made on the balance of probabilities; that is, the allegation is more likely than not to be true. It is not a finding to the criminal standard, which is beyond a reasonable doubt.

McFarlane ends his judgment saying: “These findings, taken together, demonstrate a consistent course of conduct over two decades where, if he deems it necessary to do so, the father [Sheikh Mohammed] will use the very substantial powers at his disposal to achieve his particular aims.”

The sheikh has denied all the allegations against him. In a statement issued to the media, he said: “This case concerns highly personal and private matters relating to our children. The appeal was made to protect the best interests and welfare of the children. The outcome does not protect my children from media attention in the way that other children in family proceedings in the UK are protected.

“As a head of government, I was not able to participate in the court’s fact-finding process. This has resulted in the release of a ‘fact-finding’ judgment which inevitably tells only one side of the story. I ask that the media respect the privacy of our children and do not intrude into their lives in the UK.”

Neither the Foreign Office, Crown Prosecution Service nor Cambridgeshire police commented.

https://www.theguardian.c...ice-over-family-abduction

Information about the Guardian's coverage of Shamsa's kidnapping in 2001: https://www.theguardian.c...-kidnap-of-dubai-princess

What this might mean for Mo's reputation: https://www.theguardian.c...ammeds-reputation-survive

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: March 06, 2020, 01:01:01 PM »

More detailed coverage from the Guardian:

Ministers, police and prosecutors are under pressure to bring the ruler of Dubai to justice after a UK judge ruled that he orchestrated the abduction of two of daughters – one from the streets of Cambridge.

The damning family court judgment naming Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, who is a friend of the Queen and one of the UK’s most important figures in horse-racing, risks destabilising diplomatic relations with the United Arab Emirates, a close Gulf ally.

His behaviour was described by the judge, Sir Andrew McFarlane, on the balance of probabilities as amounting to potentially breaking English and international law.

The ruling found that the police officer investigating the abduction of Princess Shamsa from Cambridge in 2000, when she was 19, was prevented from travelling to Dubai to pursue his criminal inquiries.

DCI David Beck of Cambridgeshire police was denied permission to fly out to the Gulf to interview “potential witnesses” after making a formal request to the Crown Prosecution Service, the ruling found. The Foreign Office refused to hand over its files on the case to the court.

The Guardian and other news organisations can reveal the ruling following months of private hearings and a legal dispute that reached the supreme court. It details an extraordinary family saga spanning 20 years during which the sheikh, 70, organised international kidnappings, imprisoned both Shamsa and another daughter, Latifa, and “deprived [them] of their liberty”.

Princess Latifa, then 32, was seized by Indian army commandos from the Indian Ocean in 2018 after fleeing her home, and was forcibly returned to Dubai.

Allegations of torture surfaced during the case. Latifa said she was exposed at one stage to “constant torture”, and the judge, while he did not make any finding on that specific point, said he felt confident in relying upon her account. She claimed to have been kept in solitude in the dark and beaten repeatedly.

The sheikh’s actions emerged after his sixth and youngest wife, Princess Haya, 45, fled to London last April with their two young children. His attempt to return the children to Dubai triggered a legal action in the family courts.

Haya resisted it with a counter-claim seeking a forced marriage protection order in respect of their daughter, alleging that the sheikh was trying to marry her off to the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. ‘MBS’, as he is better known, has been accused of involvement in the murder of the dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The court did not find this allegation to be true.

The judgment raises questions about whether the Foreign Office blocked the police investigation into the disappearance of Shamsa, after she had fled to Cambridge from Surrey in 2000. McFarlane said he was unable to make a determination because the Foreign Office refused to cooperate on freedom of information grounds.

Following the ruling, Labour’s shadow attorney general, Shami Chakrabarti, said: “This is clearly a shocking judgment. Both Priti Patel [the home secretary] and Dominic Raab [the foreign secretary] must urgently investigate why a criminal inquiry into a kidnap in Cambridge appears to have been impeded.”

David Haigh, the British lawyer for Princess Latifa, told the Guardian that he was sending the judgment to the United Nations’ working group on enforced or involuntary disappearances, which is already investigating Latifa’s disappearance.

“We are delighted with the judgment,” he said. “It’s vindication for everything we have been saying, vindication for Shamsa, Latifa and Haya.”

Haigh said that he and Tiina Jauhiainen, Latifa’s close friend, had been interviewed at the end of last year by Cambridge police, who are still investigating Shamsa’s abduction. He added: “It is now clear to see why Sheikh Mohammed did not want these judgments to be made available to the world. They show him as someone unfit to be in charge of children, let alone a state that is an ally of the UK.”

Sheikh Mohammed’s behaviour was first highlighted by a Guardian article in 2001, the judgment noted, adding that Haya read the story about Shamsa’s disappearance in 2016 but initially did not believe her husband was implicated.

Sheikh Mohammed is also the vice-president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates. He has fathered 25 children; his two with Haya are the youngest.

He refused to attend any of the multiple hearings at the Royal Courts of Justice in central London. His wife, Haya, was a constant presence in court, sitting alongside her solicitor, the prominent divorce lawyer Lady Shackleton.

The judgment goes into detail about the campaign of harassment endured by Haya. The judge accepted virtually all her allegations as true on the balance of probabilities, including that the sheikh:

-Attempted to have her abducted by helicopter.
-Arranged for guns to be left in her bedroom.
-Taunted her over her adulterous relationship with a bodyguard.
-Divorced her without telling her.
-Threatened to seize their children.
-Published threatening poems about her online.

McFarlane finds that their relationship had deteriorated and that sometime in 2017 or 2018 she “embarked upon an adulterous relationship with one of her male bodyguards”.

In early 2019, Haya began to show interest in the fate of her husband’s daughters, Shamsa and Latifa. According to the judgment, the sheikh began to make threats against her and in February, divorced her under sharia law without informing her.

On 11 March that year, the judgment records, a helicopter landed near her compound in Dubai and the pilot told her he was going to take her to Awir, “a prison in the desert”.

Haya said that if her son had not been there and clung on to her leg, she would have been taken away. The judgment added: “Flight documents with respect to the helicopter have been disclosed and show that one of the crew was one of the three people named by Shamsa and [an employee of the sheikh] as being involved in Shamsa’s removal from England in 2000.”

It continues: “Throughout this period the mother received a series of anonymous notes, left in her bedroom or elsewhere, making threats, for example ‘We will take your son – your daughter is ours – your life is over’ or warning her to be careful ... On two occasions in March 2019, the mother states that she found a gun left on her bed with the muzzle pointing towards the door and the safety catch off.”

In June, the sheikh published a poem entitled You Lived and Died. Haya saw it as a direct threat to her and a public announcement of her “betrayal”.

The poem stated: “You traitor, you betrayed the most precious trust. I exposed you and your games … I have the evidence that convicts you of what you have done … You know your actions are an insult … Let’s see if mischief brings you benefits, I care not whether you live or die.”

McFarlane’s judgment explains that his ruling “may well involve findings, albeit on the civil standard, of behaviour which is contrary to the criminal law of England and Wales, international law, international maritime law, and internationally accepted human rights norms”.

The civil standard is a conclusion made on the balance of probabilities; that is, the allegation is more likely than not to be true. It is not a finding to the criminal standard, which is beyond a reasonable doubt.

McFarlane ends his judgment saying: “These findings, taken together, demonstrate a consistent course of conduct over two decades where, if he deems it necessary to do so, the father [Sheikh Mohammed] will use the very substantial powers at his disposal to achieve his particular aims.”

The sheikh has denied all the allegations against him. In a statement issued to the media, he said: “This case concerns highly personal and private matters relating to our children. The appeal was made to protect the best interests and welfare of the children. The outcome does not protect my children from media attention in the way that other children in family proceedings in the UK are protected.

“As a head of government, I was not able to participate in the court’s fact-finding process. This has resulted in the release of a ‘fact-finding’ judgment which inevitably tells only one side of the story. I ask that the media respect the privacy of our children and do not intrude into their lives in the UK.”

Neither the Foreign Office, Crown Prosecution Service nor Cambridgeshire police commented.

https://www.theguardian.c...ice-over-family-abduction

Information about the Guardian's coverage of Shamsa's kidnapping in 2001: https://www.theguardian.c...-kidnap-of-dubai-princess

What this might mean for Mo's reputation: https://www.theguardian.c...ammeds-reputation-survive

None of this really matters  .... even if the UK courts give her a favourable outcome where does she and children go Huh? His thugs will find her and take them. Only after he is deceased will they have any freedom
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: March 06, 2020, 01:52:39 PM »

Seems he wanted to marry Al Jalila to Mohammed ben Salman  Nerves  Nerves

This one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.or.../wiki/Mohammad_bin_Salman

Yes the creepy who ordered Khashighji murdrer
He is already married and have 4 kids
Nerves
No, wonder Haya fled with the children.

Oh god. The horror! I’d run to the ends of the earth if I were her too.  Dead
I'd even move to another planet...
All i hope now that the court order him to stay away from her and the kids

I know. I feel like, as a mother, I would still be living in fear and constantly watching my back for the rest of my life. No matter what a British court does for me.
Shame but this what would be their lives non on....my heart breaks fkr Al Jalila and Zayed  Cry

And the worst thing for them is that they most likely loved their father and still do.
Indeed
Especially Al Jalila who seems very found of her dad.

I am absolutely taken aback by this. I knew it would be someone not of Haya’s liking but bin Salman is a horrible person. So very tragic for Haya and both children. I hope they can eventually find some peace and safety.

The thought of a seven year old even being considered for a marriage a 35+ year old man alone is horrible for me.

I guess the marriage would've happened around 13/14 of Al Jalila's age.
Al Jalila is 11 or 12 years old
Personally and as creepy as i thought Mo is i don't see him marry Al Jalila at this age maybe when she is 16 or 17 but not at this age.. The marriage arrengemet could only be an agreement for later when Al Jalila is older.
All Mo daughters got married in their 20s some even in their 30s  the exception was the one married to the son of King of Bahrain who got married at 17 back then there were talks and rumeurs the bride and groom were in love and their family didn't see any objection for their marriage.. I believe now they have good marriage with 4 kids
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:06:48 PM by Rita » Logged

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: March 06, 2020, 02:37:53 PM »

This one?

Nerves

I know. I feel like, as a mother, I would still be living in fear and constantly watching my back for the rest of my life. No matter what a British court does for me.
Shame but this what would be their lives non on....my heart breaks fkr Al Jalila and Zayed  Cry

And the worst thing for them is that they most likely loved their father and still do.
Indeed

I am absolutely taken aback by this. I knew it would be someone not of Haya’s liking but bin Salman is a horrible person. So very tragic for Haya and both children. I hope they can eventually find some peace and safety.

The thought of a seven year old even being considered for a marriage a 35+ year old man alone is horrible for me.

Personally and as creepy as i thought Mo is i don't see him marry Al Jalila at this age maybe when she is 16 or 17 but not at this age.. The marriage arrengemet could only be an agreement for later when Al Jalila is older.
All Mo daughters got married in their 20s some even in their 30s  the exception was the one married to the son of King of Bahrain who got married at 17 back then there were talks and rumeurs the bride and groom were in love and their family didn't see any objection for their marriage.. I believe now they have good marriage with 4 kids

Thank you. I thought she was younger.

It is bad enough anyway.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: March 06, 2020, 04:25:55 PM »

This one?

Nerves

Indeed

It is bad enough anyway.

Marrying your daughter of ANY age to a psychopathic monster with absolute power is not the mark of a loving father.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: March 06, 2020, 06:40:57 PM »

This one?

Nerves

Indeed

It is bad enough anyway.

Marrying your daughter of ANY age to a psychopathic monster with absolute power is not the mark of a loving father.
Well Mo is psychopathic monster with absolute power and in his litte creepy mind he was making the best choice for his daughter becaming the wife of the futur King  Clown
 i bet he wish MBS was his own son  
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 07:01:58 PM by Rita » Logged

Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: March 06, 2020, 08:30:30 PM »

It's also a disgrace that our own queen still counts men like this as friends.

From what I have read about HM she must by the demands of the government met these type of men and welcome them to England as she in a sense is an employee of the government.  Those fancy state dinners are done by HM yet at the request of the government.  I honestly do not think she makes personal friends with them and has them to tea or lunch like she would her close friends in England..In a way HM is accountable to the government even though she was born a royal princess and became a Queen, it is a constitutional monarchy run by the government with HM as a head in name only.  Dubai is run by one man only and that is the difference in these 2 monarchies.

ER mixes with these people at private functions too. On one of her birthdays she had a private dinner at Windsor Castle, by her invitation only and this sheik was there as was the Saudi King.

Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

Thank you Principessa for the meme suggestion :)

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: March 06, 2020, 09:37:31 PM »

Question re:  divorce under Sharia law - since it involves taking an oath and a waiting period, plus two witnesses, I didn't think it was legally possible to secretly divorce one's spouse, as Mo apparently did with Haya? 

Not that it matters too much, since they will be divorced in England's or Dubai courts but I was curious about the religious divorce being valid? 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: March 08, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »

Cambridgeshire policewoman claims Shamsa contacted the force in 2017 asking for their help to free her.

https://www.theguardian.c...Share_AndroidApp_Sync_Dev
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: March 08, 2020, 04:24:18 PM »

Why did she married him?  She certainly was aware of his reputation? 

Sorry Haya I don't understand, why... but why... ?  Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: March 08, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »

I don't know if this has already been posted, if so sorry

https://www.youtube.com/w...LXArjNs8&pbjreload=10

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: March 08, 2020, 04:55:01 PM »

Sorry Haya I don't understand, why... but why... ?  Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking

Money. Financial security.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: March 08, 2020, 05:00:33 PM »

Horses?
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: March 08, 2020, 05:04:21 PM »

Horses?

Motivation or benefit?

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: March 08, 2020, 05:09:40 PM »

She was not a "poor" princess, she is the king of Jordany' sister

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: