Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie's work vs. Alexandra and Mary  (Read 14870 times)
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »

BT
Risk ending up as the neglected princess
Countess Alexandra shadows Marie

Although Countess Alexandra no longer part of the Danish royal family, she is still 13 patronages and six honorary member creates fit. Princess Mary has only seven on its list.

With DCA as the newest. But there is more to predicting a royal expert and the royal family's private secretary.

It is very attractive to have one of the royal family members as a patron, and are often declined when the associations or organizations targeted. Therefore, it is surprising that a former member of the Danish royal family has almost twice as many patronage and honorary member creates, as a current member.

This is the case with Prince Joachim's former and current wife.

Countess Alexandra has kept its patronages namely after divorce. Additionally Launches Countess Alexandra every year breast cancer month in October.

For comparison prinsessse Marie had only seven patronages after she married Prince Joachim in May 2008.

- It does happen often, when there is a new princess into the house here, you're trying 'hijacked' as the patron of a lot differently. Therefore you must be a little bit reluctant at first. It'll come, there's no doubt, says Henning Fode, cabinet secretary in the Danish royal family.

Henning Fode suggest that there may be organizations or associations, who have managed to 'hijack' one of the princesses, while they were new at the castle.

- It can be a danger that in the beginning saying yes to too much, which later turns out to be too small. Here one should instead have been the patron of an umbrella instead of very specific, disease-related associations, says Henning Fode.

Marie has a few patronages
Lecturer in history at the University of Copenhagen, Sørensen, however, feel that Princess Mary has too few patronages compared to Countess Alexandra.

- Alexandra got a disproportionate number of patronage, because she was the first princess in the new generation of the royal family.

While there was great enthusiasm for her the first several years. And it is quite clear why she got many extra patronages compared to the others.

Princess Mary has had too few. She should definitely have some more in the near future, so that she can get a large enough role to play, says Sørensen.

But could Countess Alexandra is not just 'leave' some of his patronages to Princess Marie?

- No, says Henning Fode.

- There is no question that it takes patronage from the countess because she no longer owned by the Crown. It has never been talked about. And Princess Marie could easily have been a streak requests from various organizations where she has chosen to say no because they either do not have enough gravity or not careful enough in her area of ​​interest, says Henning Fode.

seoghoer
She's just figurehead
Princess Marie doing half as much as ex princess  Alexandra

Although royals rarely works hard for the Danes, the Princess Marie, however the prize as the most laid back. BT has made ​​an overview of how many protectorates Marie, Mary and Alexandra each have, and there is Marie at the bottom. Even eksprinsesse Alexandra has twice as many duties as the current princess from Møgeltønder. Read also: Marie does not want to speak Danish Specifically, the Countess Alexandra 13 protectorates. Princess Mary has as many as 26, while Marie can only boast of 7 of its kind. Marie was, however, recently manager position as patron of the Danish Refugee Council. A task that experts believe will help her image. Many Danes feel namely sympathy with the organization. - Therefore, Princess Marie is now easier to play its role and not just be a figurehead who does not really have roles, says Sørensen, Associate professor of history at the University of Copenhagen, for BT

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 02:41:11 PM »

Alex definitely was a "better" princess in terms of workload when compared to Marie.  Yes

However, when Alex joined the DRF she was the de facto Crown Princess. Fred was too busy flirting and sailing to actually undertake a "real" work schedule and the bulk of the workload fell to Alex, who (credit to her) rose to the challenge magnificently.

Fastforward a few years to Joachim's 2nd marriage and there's a new CP couple on the scene who are being heavily promoted and Joachim seems to have fallen from grace thanks to over exaggerated headlines in the Danish press during his divorce.

Personally I would like to see Marie take a more active role within the family as she seems friendly, confident and generally speaking seems to enjoy her events. I don't think that will happen though because the DRF has become very CP-centric and as a result Joachim has been pushed further down the scale. Frankly I think it's pretty unfair that the Danish media criticises Marie when F&M are pretty lazy themselves!.

JMO.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 02:58:32 PM »

I completely agree  Thumb up

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 03:40:35 PM »

BT

Lecturer in history at the University of Copenhagen, Sørensen, however, feel that Princess Mary has too few patronages compared to Countess Alexandra.

Princess Mary has had too few. She should definitely have some more in the near future, so that she can get a large enough role to play, says Sørensen.

seoghoer

Although royals rarely works hard for the Danes, the Princess Marie, however the prize as the most laid back.

Interesting  

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 04:41:25 PM »

Alex definitely was a "better" princess in terms of workload when compared to Marie.  Yes

However, when Alex joined the DRF she was the de facto Crown Princess. Fred was too busy flirting and sailing to actually undertake a "real" work schedule and the bulk of the workload fell to Alex, who (credit to her) rose to the challenge magnificently.

Fastforward a few years to Joachim's 2nd marriage and there's a new CP couple on the scene who are being heavily promoted and Joachim seems to have fallen from grace thanks to over exaggerated headlines in the Danish press during his divorce.

Personally I would like to see Marie take a more active role within the family as she seems friendly, confident and generally speaking seems to enjoy her events. I don't think that will happen though because the DRF has become very CP-centric and as a result Joachim has been pushed further down the scale. Frankly I think it's pretty unfair that the Danish media criticises Marie when F&M are pretty lazy themselves!.

JMO.

ITA. It is a shame that Joachim is being pushed to the side because IMO he is better suited to the business of being the CP. He's more articulate, focused and serious minded IMO. Also Marie appears to handle herself quite well at solo and joint appearances. I do believe that she'd do more for the DRF if the focus wasn't on the CP pair.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 04:53:11 PM »

well said.                 No way Joachim & Marie will ever be allowed to out shine the Icon & hubby
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »

Imo they always do when they have the chance.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »

well said.                 No way Joachim & Marie will ever be allowed to out shine the Icon & hubby

That's exactly what it is, lynda, I agree!

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »

Personally, I think its fair enough that Alexandra gets more job than Marie, Alex is still paid by Danish I bet she's paid a lot more than Marie...(I even don't know how much Marie gets for doing her duty as princess)  Thinking beside, Marie's very young child still needs his mother more than Nikolai & Felix need theirs mum so at least for this time it's understandable that Marie gets less duty than Alex even though the fact she is the one marries the prince.

PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies

Big Member

Norway Norway

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 08:21:36 PM »

As I always say the quality is more important than quantity.
Yes she could do more but I don't know is she's able to do it (is DRF permits it).

Just call me PDNETD  Cool

I apologize in advance for my poor English
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »

Nothing I remember Marie doing stands out in my memory. Not one single thing. Personally I don´t think that she is charismatic, and to me her husband is totally creepy.
I tend to disagree with so many posters about this - but I still like yas!

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 08:43:18 PM »

Nothing I remember Marie doing stands out in my memory. Not one single thing. Personally I don´t think that she is charismatic, and to me her husband is totally creepy.
I tend to disagree with so many posters about this - but I still like yas!
No problemo abs.  You're not alone either, there are quite a lot of people on here who don't like Marie either.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »

Star for you Little_star.  Smiley

SEXY,SEXY!!!
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 11:46:22 PM »

Marie doesn't get any allowance herself and you're right, Alex does.

Secondly, Marie tends to show up at a lot of ad-hoc events, so she might not have many patronages yet, but if I recall correctly, one of the newspaper counted that she has more work days than the rest of the family in the past few months.

Not that that's saying much in this family  Whistle
Pepa

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »

I agree that the situation of Alexandra and Marie were different and for this reason, it´s very difficult to compare them.

A second point is that to have more or less "patronages" doesn´t imply more or less work. In fact, I think that Marie has more public appearances than Alexandra.

I don´t agree that Marie doesn´t work more because a possible "outshining" of Mary. Frederik and she are the CP couple and have to carry the most part of the activities of the DRH (after Margarethe and Henrik). It´s normal that Joaquim and Marie are not so visible like Frederik and Marie.

You can see the same evolution by other royal houses: one needs just to compare the acts from WA/Máxima and C/Laurentien, or from Ph&Mathilde and L/Claire. And nobody is speaking about a conspiration to promote the CPs over the spouses of the second or third son.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:30:28 PM by Pepa » Logged

"The Spanish Royal House is not there to say. The SRF is there to be there." .-Letizia said.

"I am a princess" .- Letizia said

"Do you think this is holydays? I don´t." Letizia, summer 2010 in Mallorca.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: