Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Royal Jewelry  (Read 100434 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »

One of my favoured blogs (although in French, which I have to decipher due to my poor french knowledge  Grin ) has an array of tiara's that perhaps will fall into Yrma's hands one day.....

I don't know how much belongs to Daisy privately, and how much belongs to the state of Denmark. Mary might be able to wear them, but I cannot see sharing kaka with Marie, so I hope that Daisy will bestow some of her jewelry to her and her yet to be born daughter  Thumb up, since Izzy/Josephine will have access through the she-devil.

here are parures Yrma stands to choke herself with one day (The Diamond Parure, the Diamond and Ruby Suite and the Diamond Belt Suite, and also the Emerald Parure are Part of the Crown jewels and are on Display at Rosenborg Castle)

The Diamond Parure - Glenn Slaikjaer's Danish Royal Jewels

The Diamond & Ruby suite - Glenn Slaikjaer's Danish Royal Jewels

The Diamond Belt suite - Glenn Slaikjaer's Danish Royal Jewels

so how many Tiaras does Denmark have? And please add, the ones I forgot

1. Baden Palmette tiara
2. Khedive tiara
3. Emerald and diamond tiara
4. Pearl and diamond tiara
5. Diamond wreath tiara
6. Diamond & Turquoise Bandeau Tiara
7. Diamon Floral Tiara (worn by Marie)

8. Queen Alexandrine tiara (given to Alex, but maybe inherited by one of the boys)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:54:56 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »

Crown Jewels

Crown Jewels has the jewelry is kept at Rosenborg and Amalienborg Museum. One can argue about whether the jewelry is state ownership, or whether they are owned by the monarch. Certainly, they can only be worn by the Queen.

The core of the crown jewels formed by the stones, which Christian VI's Queen Sophie Magdalene and his sister Princess Charlotte let go to use for all subsequent queens. Queen Sophia Magdalene had from his childhood famous kings of Saxony's collection in the Green Vault in Dresden, and she has wanted to create a similar collection in Denmark.

It was such that the queens were given the session, when they joined. It was made up to and including Queen Alexandrine, who already in 1914 had the crown jewels go back to Rosenborg, because she did not want to store them at Amalienborg. She could just get them if she wanted to use some of them. This opened the Queen for the opportunity to let them exhibit at Rosenborg, and therefore has the jewels could be seen since 1922. It is something quite unique that the Crown's finest jewelry can be seen by the public, although still used by the current queen.

Crown Jewels consist of four major jewelery plus some simple jewelry. All four sets of jewelery made from jewels Weishaupt in Hanau near Frankfurt.

There is, first and foremost brilliant set consisting of necklace and ear locks in diamonds that have been in the Danish royal family since the 1700s. Along with the kit carried a large bouquet, made of 500 diamonds.

There is a whole garniture in emeralds and diamonds, and it consists of tiara, ear locks, collies and a large corsage ornament that can be divided into three parts. The kit was delivered to Queen Caroline Amalie 1840, and she wore it at her silver wedding anniversary in June of that year.

There is a garnish in pearls, rubies and diamonds, and to this jewelery hear one of the oldest jewelry in the Royal Family: pearl chain, which dates back to King Christian V's Queen Charlotte Amalie, who had the beads from his family in Hesse.

The last jewelery is a belt of diamonds and a large fourfold corsage ornament of diamonds. Set diamond is brilliant cut but so-called rose stones: they are polished with 22 facets, while a diamond has 58 facets.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »

The private jewelry

Each member of the royal family owns jewelry private. Although these pieces are private, they may very well have a considerable age and history.

Queen
Queen owns a very nice necklace and a set of ear locks in sapphires surrounded by large diamonds, all in old Russian gold sockets. This jewelry comes from the Russian Imperial family to Denmark with Queen Alexandrine. The Queen also owns several jewelry that she inherited from her mother, Queen Ingrid. This includes jewelry in turquoise and diamonds, some of which comes from the Russian Empress Catherine the Great. There is also a diadem of diamonds and the jewelry comes from the Queen's great-grandmother, Grand Duchess Luise of Baden. The Queen also owns several jewelry that comes from Queen Ingrid's mother, Crown Princess Margaretha of Sweden - eg. a long sautoirkęde in beads. There's also jewelry, which is given by Queen Margrethe's father and mother. But beyond the historical jewelry queen owns an amount of contemporary jewelry, donated her by Prince Henry, the family or by companies and organizations.

Crown Princess Mary
Crown Princess Mary already has a fine collection of jewelry. Crown Prince Frederik inherited the large jewelery set with rubies and diamonds, which comes from the queen Desiree of Sweden, who got it from her husband, Marshal Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, to wear at Napoleon's coronation in 1804. Another jewelery worn by the Crown Princess is the akvamarinsmykker by Crown Prince Frederik has given her necklace with beads, ear locks and ring with aquamarine, pearls and diamonds. In ultimate gift of the royal couple were Crown Princess a diadem of diamonds, and this can also be used as a collier. In addition there are some brooches and rings.

Princess Alexandra
Princess Alexandra carries diadem of Queen Alexandrine by Queen Margrethe was given by his father when she was 18 years. It is a diadem made ​​of Chaume around 1912 and is manufactured in a very delicate style with gold bows, which are diamonds that are only bonded at the top, so they vibrate at the slightest movement. Princess also has some pearl jewelry and jewelery in amethysts and diamonds. In addition, an amount of brooches, bracelets and earrings.

Princess Benedikte
Princess Benedikte has a large collection of jewelry that consists of three diadems and a variety of necklaces, earrings, bracelets, brooches and pendants. Richard Prince has inherited a large tiara in Russian style. It is made ​​of diamonds took the silver. Another tiara from the Princess's great-grandmother, Queen Sofia of Sweden. It is produced by stars in diamonds and upright perlepoires. The third tiara is flowers and foliage, made ​​of diamonds. Princess Benedikte also has a necklace of diamonds, and it also belonged to Queen Alexandrine, who used it as sautoirkęde. Now it is divided into two parts, neck chains and the second part belongs to Queen Anne Marie. Among Princess Benedikte's jewelry is also star brooches that belonged to her great-grandmother, Queen Victoria of Sweden.

Queen Anne Marie
Queen Anne Marie of course also many ancient jewelry from the Danish royal family. One example is the famous tiara made ​​by Cartier, the Queen's grandmother, Princess Margaretha of Sweden. Queen Anne Marie has another tiara, produced a large corsage ornament, as Queen Ingrid was a wedding present from his grandfather, King Gustaf V of Sweden. Besides jewelry from the Danish family bears the Queen of course jewelry, which for generations has been in the Greek royal family's own - plus some modern jewelry especially given her by her consort, King Constantine.

(curtesy of http://www.royal-jewelry.dk/119/)

Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 07:44:51 PM »

I wouldn't say that the Khedive is danish now as it's owned by AM.

AFAIK they only parure that belongs to the danish state is this one:

http://madhattery.royalro...15-denmark-margrethe2.jpg

At the end there is a good explanation about danish jewels, also a great picture of the emerald parure which can only be used in Denmark

http://www.royal-magazin..../emerald-crown-jewels.htm

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 07:45:40 PM »

Thanks PeDe!  Star

Margrethe was clearly never taught to share when growing up  Wink

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »

Thank you so much for starting this topic, PeDe. I have to wait before I can give you another  Star

Some of the tiaras and jewellry I have never seen before. I once read on a sugerboard, (so I don`t know how true it is) that alot of the Danish royal jewels is owned by the state, and that only the Queen can wear it. She can't even lend it out to members of the Danish royal family.

The first tiara that Marge has, looks very similar to the lover knot tiara that Diana use to wear, when she was Princess of Wales.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:54:49 PM by Paddy1311 » Logged
PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies

Big Member

Norway Norway

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »

Thanks PeDe  Star
Some of these jewels are 

Just call me PDNETD  Cool

I apologize in advance for my poor English
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »

Aww, thank you girls,  Star Star Star thanks for all the additional info ReeRee  Hug  Star

compared to other RF Denmark has a bit of a meager collection, but Yrma will wear the living daylights out of those pieces.

Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 10:26:23 PM »

Story of the ruby parure: http://www.royal-jewelry.dk/126/

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »

first I thought Rosario is wearing Daisy's wreath-tiara. But while Daisy's is more floral and airier, Rosario's is denser, and more "leafier". Do we know anything about Rosario's tiara?

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 09:03:51 PM »

Daisy's Prussian sapphire brooch looks to have a filigree of laurel leaves around the edge of the square sapphire; sapphire earrings made from 4 oval sapphires divided by what looks like a platinum cross.

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 09:41:48 PM »

This set of jewels is also part of the crown jewels although few realise that because neither MII nor Ingrid has ever worn it. It was made for Grevinde Danner, Christian 7's wife to his left hand, in 1860. It is with citrines, amathysts, pearls and diamonds.
Do you see Mosh wearing it in the future? I wouldn't - it's ugly.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 09:49:11 PM »

Dear, sweet PeDe - big congratulations on your milestone! I love reading your posts Star
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »

PeDe 7000 posts!!! YAY!!!! Congrats! I can“t star you anymore today, I will try to remember tomorrow!!

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 09:51:56 PM »

...and abs, congrats on your 300 reps. Here's  Star number 301 Beer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: