Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Royal Jewelry  (Read 104804 times)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2016, 06:01:46 PM »

Mary's wedding tiara is actually lovely as a necklace. Quite delicate.
I prefer it as a necklace than its tiara form.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2016, 06:38:17 PM »

ITA. It's pathetic as a tiara (for a CP, anyway) but lovely as a necklace.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2016, 07:50:51 PM »

^^^"Upgrading" it with the pearls did not enhance it IMHO. However I do think it would be a good "first tiara" for Isabella/Josephine one day if the pearls were removed. Thumb up
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2016, 06:57:32 AM »

The biggest problem with Denmarks jewels is that so many of them have left the direct RF..... With 3 daughters the previous King had some serious tiara distribution!

That was one good thing Queen Mary (Britain, the current Queen's grandmother) did...... She was a terrible magpie and collected a vast amount of jewels over her lifetime (and if you think what NQ Mary did to the ruby tiara was bad, what this Mary did with some historic pieces is downright criminal!!)...... But she did leave them all to the crown, so they couldn't be dispersed between daughters and DILs
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2016, 11:51:47 PM »

Let me guess - Isabella and Josephine will get cheap tiaras, right?

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2016, 12:10:19 AM »

Let me guess - Isabella and Josephine will get cheap tiaras, right?

And then there's also Athena!

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2016, 10:42:15 AM »

DRF doesn't have many pieces of jewelries esp tiara compared to other European royal families, I have seen the tiaras worn by DRF cousins and most of them look small and fugly then that same kind of tiaras we would probably see on Athena's head in the future. As for Josephine and Izzy they very likely will inherit mosh's personal tiara (necklace-tiara pieces), ie dinky wedding tiara and the new antic necklace, see pictures below:
1. dinky wedding necklace/tiara
2. Newest grand necklace.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2016, 05:11:47 PM »

DRF doesn't have many pieces of jewelries esp tiara compared to other European royal families, I have seen the tiaras worn by DRF cousins and most of them look small and fugly then that same kind of tiaras we would probably see on Athena's head in the future. As for Josephine and Izzy they very likely will inherit mosh's personal tiara (necklace-tiara pieces), ie dinky wedding tiara and the new antic necklace, see pictures below:
1. dinky wedding necklace/tiara
2. Newest grand necklace.

Daisy has private tiara's that she can give to her grand daughters, and I don't think that she (Daisy) would leave Athena out. I think she'll devide them up between the M and M (and I think she'll leave Marie the bigger lot, because Yrma has access to the crown jewels), and from there the girls will be able to wear those.

Miss_Denmark

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Sofia upgraded her tiara Marystyle

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »

Danish Royal Sapphires

I read somewhere the Queen Alexandrine brought a huge sapphire parure into her marriage (to Christian X of DK) via her mother Grand Duchess Anastasia Mikhailovna of Russia. In Ingrid generation all the sapphires were divided between extended family and Ingrid's daughters.

Princess Thyra of Denmark

The tiara belonged to Princess Thyra of Denmark (1880-1945), who was the daughter of King Frederik VIII and Queen Louise. Thyra never married and had no children, and she left the tiara to her niece, Princess Caroline-Mathilde of Denmark (1912-1995).

Caroline-Mathilde was married to Knud, Hereditary Prince of Denmark, the second son of King Christian X and Queen Alexandrine. (Had history gone differently, Knud could have been the King of Denmark one day. He was next in line to his older brother, Frederik IX, who had only daughters at a time when women couldn't inherit the throne. But the law was changed in 1953, and a young future Queen Margrethe and her sisters jumped ahead of him in line.) The couple had three children, and this tiara went to their only daughter, Princess Elisabeth. Princess Elisabeth is still in the line of succession for the Danish throne, and she sometimes attends official engagements. When a tiara is required, this is her constant favorite.

As pricess Elisabeth is becoming an older lady I wonder if she made plans for her tiara - I would like her to pass it on to Isabella or otherwise keep it the "main" royal family. (she never married to keep her title and have no children)

Euu, Danish Royals spend money like there's no tomorrow, why not spend a little less for a period and invest in some proper jewellery to have and pass on in the family? So many beautifull pieces on auctions and the hammerprice is not out of their league compared to clothing or travel expenses. I HATE Marys scull (aka wedding) tiara. It's plain embarrasing. In this regard I'm all: Shop, shop, shop something fab!  Supercontent King
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Topaz for November

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2016, 02:07:36 PM »

As pricess Elisabeth is becoming an older lady I wonder if she made plans for her tiara - I would like her to pass it on to Isabella or otherwise keep it the "main" royal family. (she never married to keep her title and have no children)

Euu, Danish Royals spend money like there's no tomorrow, why not spend a little less for a period and invest in some proper jewellery to have and pass on in the family? So many beautifull pieces on auctions and the hammerprice is not out of their league compared to clothing or travel expenses. I HATE Marys scull (aka wedding) tiara. It's plain embarrasing. In this regard I'm all: Shop, shop, shop something fab!  Supercontent King

To Isabella or to Joachim for Athena  Wink.
And yes Mary's wedding tiara is a joke. It looks better IMO in its necklace form.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2016, 08:13:25 PM »

Danish Royal Sapphires

I read somewhere the Queen Alexandrine brought a huge sapphire parure into her marriage (to Christian X of DK) via her mother Grand Duchess Anastasia Mikhailovna of Russia. In Ingrid generation all the sapphires were divided between extended family and Ingrid's daughters.

Princess Thyra of Denmark

The tiara belonged to Princess Thyra of Denmark (1880-1945), who was the daughter of King Frederik VIII and Queen Louise. Thyra never married and had no children, and she left the tiara to her niece, Princess Caroline-Mathilde of Denmark (1912-1995).

Caroline-Mathilde was married to Knud, Hereditary Prince of Denmark, the second son of King Christian X and Queen Alexandrine. (Had history gone differently, Knud could have been the King of Denmark one day. He was next in line to his older brother, Frederik IX, who had only daughters at a time when women couldn't inherit the throne. But the law was changed in 1953, and a young future Queen Margrethe and her sisters jumped ahead of him in line.) The couple had three children, and this tiara went to their only daughter, Princess Elisabeth. Princess Elisabeth is still in the line of succession for the Danish throne, and she sometimes attends official engagements. When a tiara is required, this is her constant favorite.

I wouldn't be surprised if Elisabeth leaves it to her nieces.  She's not close with Marge and her family, but she is close with her brother's children, IIRC. 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2016, 08:41:57 PM »

Pix, I somehow doubt Marge would allow that. My (completely uneducated) guess is that she made Elisabeth promise - in a legally binding way - to leave the tiara to the Crown as part of her "payment" for being allowed to move into lodgings at Sorgenfri. Pure speculation on my part.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2016, 02:25:53 AM »

Pix, I somehow doubt Marge would allow that. My (completely uneducated) guess is that she made Elisabeth promise - in a legally binding way - to leave the tiara to the Crown as part of her "payment" for being allowed to move into lodgings at Sorgenfri. Pure speculation on my part.

I don't know if Marge has the ability to do that if the tiara was left directly to Elisabeth.   Thinking  At least, I hope she wouldn't pull a stunt like that.  The male succession was sexist BS, but Elisabeth and her family always seemed to be treated rather poorly by Marge. 
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »

If Mary gets a better tiara, I guess the flimsy one with the pearls stuck on might end up at Haberdash?
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »

If Mary gets a better tiara, I guess the flimsy one with the pearls stuck on might end up at Haberdash?

Probably go to Isabella and be her 1st tiara til Fred gives her another.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: