Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hohenzollern News & Events  (Read 53975 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2015, 10:45:16 PM »

Georg Friedrich's mother, Countess Donata of Castell-Rudenhausen has died Sad.

http://www.mainpost.de/re...rzoeginnen;art773,8900540

Wow, that is unexpected sad news!

Best wishes for her children and other relatives and friends

This is really sad.  I understand that one of her children is disabled and lived with her.  I wonder if she'll end up living with Georg and Sophie now?  I don't believe that she's able to live independently. 
Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: October 02, 2015, 11:54:40 PM »

According to "RF" Prince Friedrich-Wilhelm, brother of Georg Friedrichs father Louis Ferdinand, died on September 29th after a long illness at the age of 76. Now only two of the seven children of Prince Louis Ferdinand and Princess Kira are still alive: Princess Marie-Cecilie, former Duchess of Oldenburg and Prince Christian Sigismund.
So sad for GF to lose two so close relatives in between a few weeks.
Funeral service will be held on October 6th in Berlin.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Opal for October

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2016, 02:30:53 PM »

Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie are expecting their fourth child  Smiley

The baby will join their twins Carl Friedrich and Louis Ferdinand (2013) and their daughter Emma Marie (2015)

https://coronanachrichten...ar-erwartet-viertes-kind/

translation :https://translate.google....es-kind%2F&edit-text=

They attended an exhibition about Queen Elisabeth of Romania born Princess of Wied recently. Judging by the pictures, Sophie must be around 4 months I think ?

https://translate.google....es-kind%2F&edit-text=

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »

Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie are expecting their fourth child  Smiley

The baby will join their twins Carl Friedrich and Louis Ferdinand (2013) and their daughter Emma Marie (2015)

https://coronanachrichten...ar-erwartet-viertes-kind/

translation :https://translate.google....es-kind%2F&edit-text=

They attended an exhibition about Queen Elisabeth of Romania born Princess of Wied recently. Judging by the pictures, Sophie must be around 4 months I think ?

https://translate.google....es-kind%2F&edit-text=

Wow they are going strong on the children front
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2016, 01:13:01 AM »

yup, they are busy, busy, busy  Tongue  Cool

She has a good belly already. Granted most women show earlier with more pregnancies, but she looks further along to me, when you note where the dress is tied.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:45:12 AM by PeDe » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2016, 01:44:22 AM »

Good for them!  I hope the pregnancy and birth are safe and healthy. 
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2016, 08:07:28 PM »

I think they handle this right.

G-F has a significant ceremonial role with no official position or power, and he and S are technically private people. G-F does not covet the throne in any official capacity. This couple doesn't seem to court a lot of press regarding their personal lives.

When Sophie's "caught out" being pregnant, they give a matter of fact confirmation and drop it. When their children have been born, there's a semi-official announcement and, again, the subject is dropped. The children remain out of the spotlight.

I wish other deposed families would follow their lead. I find nothing wrong with them using their unique heritage to bring attention to historical or cultural events in their home countries, but I really hate the attention whoring by some of the others.

(*cough*RomanovsandGreeksandFrenchBourbons*cough*)

Tatyien
Banned
Banned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2016, 01:44:09 AM »

Of course there is only one baby: Those twins were IMO fathered by IVF to avoid a firstborn daughter. And now they need a third (of course naturally fathered)- child to make people believe that the twins were fathered naturally as well. Would be funny if the third, naturally fathered one is another boy..... Crazy

Well, if the Prussian twins are identical (and I don't remember offhand if they ever said they were), that pretty much shoots down that theory. I personally don't think GF & S have anything to gain by doing secret IVF and gender selection, and I don't really read them as that type. Only Monaco and Spain are left in Europe to still have male-preference succession of the monarchies remaining, and it's only a matter of time, perhaps one more generation. It's mostly the dethroned countries - Russia, Prussia/Germany, Italy, Greece and France, plus all the splinter royal and semi-royal houses in Europe, mostly German - that quibble over it anymore and waste time and money on lawsuits and crap.

If anyone would go down that road for the firstborn son, it'd be the poor thing that marries George of Russia while his mother's alive, but that's another topic for another day. Wink

Sorry for joining this discussion rather late ... and being OT ...
Don?t forget Liechtenstein where succession is based on agnatic primogeniture where only males and their descendants are in the line of succession. Princess Tatjana of Liechtenstein is the only daughter of the current head of state, Hans-Adam II. Princess Tatjana and her descendants are not included in the line of succession.  As it stands right now in Liechtenstein, there is no law under which a woman can succeed to the throne.

Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2016, 02:59:54 PM »

Sophie and Georg Friedrich had their fourth child, a son. No names yet.

http://www.noblesseetroya...rich-et-sophie-de-prusse/
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »

Wow, a fourth child already, but it goes quick when having twins Wink

We only knew late of this pregnancy, as a non reigning house/family they really fly under the radar.

Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2016, 08:18:45 PM »

From Wiki, unsourced (but will keep looking): "The couple's fourth child, Heinrich Albert Johann Georg was born on 17 November 2016."

Edit: it's hit Bunte: http://www.bunte.de/royal...eisst-ihr-baby-prinz.html 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:28:02 PM by Lady Alice » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2016, 05:38:17 PM »

From Wiki, unsourced (but will keep looking): "The couple's fourth child, Heinrich Albert Johann Georg was born on 17 November 2016."

Edit: it's hit Bunte: http://www.bunte.de/royal...eisst-ihr-baby-prinz.html 

Have they ever released any pictures of any of their kids?  I don't recall ever seeing anything. 

While I do enjoy the entertainment brought about by some of these non-reigning houses (Princess Barbie, the Habsburgs, the Greeks), I appreciate that these two are so low-key and don't go out of their way to get attention for their titles (even though none of their titles nor those of the families mentioned above are legal). 
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2016, 10:50:27 PM »

No, there was once a tantalizing peep of Emma in her stroller for a magazine article (forget which), but no, GF and S have kept their kids under wraps as far as I'm aware.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2016, 05:39:07 PM »

They never released official pictures of their children, but sometimes you can have a peek at them when published in articles or related:

With Emma:

With the twins:
There should be some, but I haven't found them yet.

Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2017, 06:43:01 PM »

Princess Viktoria of Prussia and Prince Ferdinand of Leiningen's Wedding to day.  I used to see the bride in Point de Vue a lot (before it switched to being so celebrity heavy).  Apparently she wore the Prussian Meander tiara.  Can't wait for pictures! 

Wanna bet the Michaels of Kent will be there? 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: