Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hohenzollern News & Events  (Read 95077 times)
masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

United States United States

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2017, 03:03:39 AM »

How are they realated to the German/Danish Berleburgs......this way:

Richard, 4th Prince of SWB had 2 sons > Gustav Albrecht (forfather of Richard, and Gustav) and Ludwig Ferdinand (Lilly's forfather)

Gustav Albrecht, 5th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1907-missing 1944, declared dead 1969)
- Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1934-2017)
- - Gustav, 7th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1969)
- - Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1970)
- - Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1975)
- Prince Robin of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1938)
- - Prince Sebastian of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1971)

Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1910-1943)
- Prince Otto Ludwig of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1938)
- - Stanislaus Otto Ludwig Burghard, Prince zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1965)
- - Stefanie-Christina Gisela, Princess zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1966)
- - Lilly (Marie-Louise) Princess zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1972)
- - Children Vaness-Irina Carolina Elsa, Princess zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1978)
- - Maximilian-Alexander Louis-Ferdinand Georg Philipp Ulrich Prince zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1980)

so German/Danish Gustav, and Alexandra, and Natalie are the first (?), second (?), third (?) cousins of Lilly

Both brothers died during the war?  I don't understand why the German Princes felt the need to fight for Hitler?

Both brohter's?  Huh? I didn't write both brothers, only Gustav Albrecht.....re Hitler  Blink maybe because people couldn't stand him and were against his politics long before he started his atrocities against German people.

I meant both brother died in the war,  Prince Ludwig Ferdinand died in 1943/ so pretty sure at the Front- I meant both were in the German army,  I guess they had no choice. It's interesting, I will try to find more information on why so much of the German Nobility fought on the side of Hitler.  
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2017, 03:03:56 AM »

Many princes were in the regular army (not the party), because of the long association of serving one's country as a prince.  Just look at all the pre-Revolution photos and portraits.  Most of the men were in uniform, sometimes for show, but often for real.
masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: September 19, 2017, 03:05:58 AM »

Many princes were in the regular army (not the party), because of the long association of serving one's country as a prince.  Just look at all the pre-Revolution photos and portraits.  Most of the men were in uniform, sometimes for show, but often for real.

Thank you, that's very interesting,  I will try to find some statistics on the nobility in the German forces. thanks
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2017, 03:12:12 AM »

Is Georgey Porgey dating anyone?

Just himself
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: September 19, 2017, 03:38:12 AM »

From what I've read from a book called Royals and the Reich and other books, there were few really vehement Nazis among the German princes of pre War I Royal Houses. One of those was Chistoph who was married to one of Prince Philip's sisters and was killed in Italy in a air training exercise late in WW2.

Most of the Princes were bitterly opposed to Communism. (There had been Communist soviets established all over Germany in the chaos of 1918/1919 at the time when the Kaiser and the Hohenzollen dynasty was forced off the throne into exile.) Some, like many ordinary Germans and foreign fellow travellers, felt that the Nazis were a bulwark against communism. Russia was more or less regarded as a rogue state internationally between the wars.

There was also a hope among German Princes and nobles at the beginning of the Third Reich that Hiltler might be sympathetic to bringing back the Kaiser and the aristocracy, so their positions, titles, lands and property might be restored. Of course that hope didn't last long but it was there.

Also, it was sometimes compulsory in people's professions to be a member of the Nazi Party, whether you were active in it or not, especially if you came from a prominent family. Every member of the armed forces had to swear a personal oath to Hitler on joining. Also, these Princes and nobles were patriotic Germans. Whether they liked the Nazi creed or not many would have wanted to serve their country and fight their enemies during the War.

Prussia was always a state that was very proud of its military traditions going back centuries. Most of the Hohenzollen males served in the Army as a matter of course. Other German states weren't so militaristic. However, in the 19th century it became customary for the rulers of those states and their male relatives to wear military uniforms even when off duty.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:12:42 AM by rosella » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: September 19, 2017, 04:29:13 AM »

Just himself

Is he no longer dating Rebecca Bettarini? 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: September 19, 2017, 04:49:48 AM »

Just himself

Is he no longer dating Rebecca Bettarini?  

last they were seen together in JAN 2016

and before this wedding, he attended a baptism in France alone: "Baron Axel of Sambucy de Sorgue and his wife Charlotte baptized their son Valdemar on July 30 in the family estate of Montmajour. Godparents was Grand Duke Georgi of Russia and Nathalie Greiss, a longtime friend of Charlotte."

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: September 19, 2017, 05:00:58 AM »

^^^That's a shame.  Before she arrived on the scene, I kind of started to believe that Mommy Dearest would never allow the Generalissimo to marry. 
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: September 19, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »

The thought crossed my mind that the odd receding chin that Victoria Melita had (probably from her own Grandmama Victoria) sure came home to roost in her descendant, didn't it?

^^^That's a shame.  Before she arrived on the scene, I kind of started to believe that Mommy Dearest would never allow the Generalissimo to marry. 

Don't fool yourself. He can date her all he wants, but he can't *marry* her - if Georgie marries out of the royal circle, his mother's sustained, arrogant, and delusional lifetime stance that SHE is the ONLY "curatrix of the throne" (ridiculous concept) because of her parents' very fragile concept of equal marriage (that rent the wider Romanov family asunder) goes out the door, and would make her a laughingstock... more than she already is.

Watch - he won't marry until she's dead. And I would not be surprised if, on that day, we find out that he really doesn't give a damn about the Russian "throne."

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: September 19, 2017, 01:05:17 PM »

How are they realated to the German/Danish Berleburgs......this way:

Richard, 4th Prince of SWB had 2 sons > Gustav Albrecht (forfather of Richard, and Gustav) and Ludwig Ferdinand (Lilly's forfather)

Gustav Albrecht, 5th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1907-missing 1944, declared dead 1969)
- Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1934-2017)
- - Gustav, 7th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1969)
- - Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1970)
- - Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1975)
- Prince Robin of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1938)
- - Prince Sebastian of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1971)

Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1910-1943)
- Prince Otto Ludwig of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b 1938)
- - Stanislaus Otto Ludwig Burghard, Prince zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1965)
- - Stefanie-Christina Gisela, Princess zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1966)
- - Lilly (Marie-Louise) Princess zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1972)
- - Children Vaness-Irina Carolina Elsa, Princess zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1978)
- - Maximilian-Alexander Louis-Ferdinand Georg Philipp Ulrich Prince zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg (b 1980)

so German/Danish Gustav, and Alexandra, and Natalie are the first (?), second (?), third (?) cousins of Lilly

I'd say Gustav, Alexandra and Natalie are Lilly's first cousins. Their kids are second cousins to Lilly's kids and so on. Thanks for the excellent and comprehensive information PeDe!  Champagne  Star  Thumb up

Are you hoping to get lucky...?  Wink Tongue  Laughing I have a feeling you don't just date Georgey Porgy, you also date Mommy Dearest...  Roll Eyes

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: September 19, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »

The thought crossed my mind that the odd receding chin that Victoria Melita had (probably from her own Grandmama Victoria) sure came home to roost in her descendant, didn't it?

Don't fool yourself. He can date her all he wants, but he can't *marry* her - if Georgie marries out of the royal circle, his mother's sustained, arrogant, and delusional lifetime stance that SHE is the ONLY "curatrix of the throne" (ridiculous concept) because of her parents' very fragile concept of equal marriage (that rent the wider Romanov family asunder) goes out the door, and would make her a laughingstock... more than she already is.

Watch - he won't marry until she's dead. And I would not be surprised if, on that day, we find out that he really doesn't give a damn about the Russian "throne."

I would have so much respect for him if it turned out that he thought his mother's claims were delusional.  It kind of makes me wonder if that's the case.  There are several single young "royals" out there who come from families like his.  If he really wanted to marry one of them, I don't think it would be an impossible task (unless he's a mutant/unbearable douchebag/completely socially inept/etc).
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: September 20, 2017, 07:55:17 PM »

guess who where the page boys at the Leiningen wedding.

(Nr. 5 and 6 left of the bride)

Yup the twins (two boys walking in the very back) - Carl Friedrich und Louis Ferdinand of Prussia.

Didn't realize they've grown so big already, and also didn't realize that Georg/Sophie have 4 childrne now, the last one another boy, baptized this past May

> Carl Friedrich und Louis Ferdinand (born 2013 - 4 years)
> Emma Marie (born 2015 - 2 years)
> Heinrich (born 2017)

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: September 20, 2017, 08:02:59 PM »

guess who where the page boys at the Leiningen wedding.

(Nr. 5 and 6 left of the bride)

Yup the twins (two boys walking in the very back) - Carl Friedrich und Louis Ferdinand of Prussia.

Didn't realize they've grown so big already, and also didn't realize that Georg/Sophie have 4 childrne now, the last one another boy, baptized this past May

> Carl Friedrich und Louis Ferdinand (born 2013 - 4 years)
> Emma Marie (born 2015 - 2 years)
> Heinrich (born 2017)

Those two boys holding hands! I'm dying from a cuteness overdose!
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: September 20, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »

That is a VERY rare photo, because Georg & Sophie do otherwise follow a no pic philosophy with their kids.

Re. the Bridal Couple pic in PeDes post, very unfortunate that his lapel was turned by the wind and the photog didn't remark that ... thought first that it's a leaf sticking out from her (very ugly) bouquet, but obviously it's really the backside of the vest lapel of her (very ugly) new husband.

They fit perfectly together, both have no style (he wearing a royal blue vest with a light green tie ... her wearing an hairdo I'd sport for bringing out the dustbin as "tiara hair". Pity for the beautiful tiara that she ruined her whole look with that hairdo.
Not to speak about the dress, which is one of the most boring in a decade.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: September 20, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »

That is a VERY rare photo, because Georg & Sophie do otherwise follow a no pic philosophy with their kids.

Very true...all of the pics of their kids are back-view....never frontal.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: