Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hohenzollern News & Events  (Read 94950 times)
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »

It was confirmed that GF of Hohenzollern will auction a gemstone "The Beay Sancy" due to finacial reasons. The stone is worth 1,5 €.

http://translate.google.d...steigern-_aid_719898.html
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 12:25:52 AM »

Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie, 10 March in Bad Homburg near Frankurt /Main at the townhall.
Bad Homburg celebrates their 100th anniversary as health resort.

http://www.fr-online.de/b...inz,1472864,11879642.html
http://translate.google.d...2C1472864%2C11879642.html

shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 03:29:27 AM »

Oh the Kaiser and Kaiserin - I love them!  I know they are not and that is probably a good thing, but I love this couple!  COme on have a big-nosed baby already!!!

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 04:36:06 AM »

A cute run of shots.  Cute
It appears that that Friedrich and Sophie are researching, documenting and finally following written instruction about what to do with their hats.
... And in the end the hats can only be worn for a few seconds after all.
It reminds me of a 'Two Ronnie's' skit.

The hats did look good against the outside of the building; the green one matched the aging copper dome.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »

Oh the Kaiser and Kaiserin - I love them!  I know they are not and that is probably a good thing, but I love this couple!  COme on have a big-nosed baby already!!!

Star (when the time allows)  These two look so much like brother and sister.  It won't be hard to figure out who the baby resembles.

They're a cute couple.  I know that they both had regular jobs before their wedding.  Do they still have their jobs?  Who sends them on these visits?  Do they represent a foundation or something?
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »

They still have their jobs, Sophie also works now for the Prinzessin-Kira foundation.
The widow Empress Frederick lived in the castle of Bad Homburg till the finalisation of Castle Friedrichshof in Kronberg 1894. King Edward VII., her brother was often a guest there (who also introduced the Homburger hat), in general 32 times for fasting cures. After his mother moved to Kronberg, Wilhelm II. used the castle in Bad Homburg as summer palace.
I assume GF as descendant of the most famous guest (the city benefited from this of course), he was invited to the celebration.  Smiley

http://www.bad-homburg-tourismus.de/en/
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 04:59:56 PM »

They still have their jobs, Sophie also works now for the Prinzessin-Kira foundation.
The widow Empress Frederick lived in the castle of Bad Homburg till the finalisation of Castle Friedrichshof in Kronberg 1894. King Edward VII., her brother was often a guest there (who also introduced the Homburger hat), in general 32 times for fasting cures. After his mother moved to Kronberg, Wilhelm II. used the castle in Bad Homburg as summer palace.
I assume GF as descendant of the most famous guest (the city benefited from this of course), he was invited to the celebration.  Smiley

http://www.bad-homburg-tourismus.de/en/

Thanks MW! Star 
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 05:36:41 PM »

Sorry...can anyone tell me why the building says "Kaiser Wilhelms Bad"Huh?Huh?  Confused

PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies

Big Member

Norway Norway

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 05:40:21 PM »

I found it on wiki
http://translate.google.p...iki%2FKaiser-Wilhelms-Bad

Just call me PDNETD  Cool

I apologize in advance for my poor English
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »

Sorry...can anyone tell me why the building says "Kaiser Wilhelms Bad"Huh?Huh?  Confused

Doesn't "Bad" means " baths" in German ? Like in Marienbad, or Baden-Baden ? If any German-speaking RDishers can confirm  Hug

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 05:58:48 PM »

No problem Pixiecat  Star  Smiley

Thanks PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies  Beer

Doesn't "Bad" means " baths" in German ? Like in Marienbad, or Baden-Baden ? If any German-speaking RDishers can confirm  Hug

Bad refers always to a spa town. And bad means indeed bath Smiley
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »

Stars for everyone who helped me understand!  Hug

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »

Sorry...can anyone tell me why the building says "Kaiser Wilhelms Bad"Huh?Huh?  Confused

Doesn't "Bad" means " baths" in German ? Like in Marienbad, or Baden-Baden ? If any German-speaking RDishers can confirm  Hug

yes, you are right, in general the word "Bad" means "bath"...but it is also used in the sense of a health spa, where therapists apply hydrotherapies amongst other therapeutical applications (sauna, massages, etx).

"Marienbad" for example is one of the most famous health spas in the Czech Republic (Mariánské Lázně ) Mariánské = of Maria and Lázně = health spa.
Mariánské Lázně was visited by many famous and important guests, for instance the British king Edward VII., Johann Wolfgang Goethe, Fryderyk Chopin, Mark Twain, Nikolaj W. Gogol, Thomas Alva Edison, Franz Kafka, Jan Neruda, Antonín Dvořák, Tomáš G. Masaryk, and many others, who where mesmerized by it's natural surroundings and the healing effects of the natural springs there.

The natural springs of Baden-Baden were already known to the Romans. And it is said that the bath-conscious Roman emperor, Caracalla, once came here to ease his arthritic aches. Roman fragments and its ancient sculptures are still to be seen, and in 1847, the well preserved remains of Roman vapour baths were discovered just below the New Castle.

It's all to do with natural springs, baths, saunas, hydrotherapy, and homeopathy - also Sebastian Kneipp was a big advocator for hydrotherapy.

laboheme

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »

I like these two together, but I do agree that they look like siblings! 
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »

Perhaps not the most exciting (or sexy Blush ) royal couple in Europe, but one knows the happiness when one sees it I'm sure!  Hug

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: