Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Brides  (Read 699422 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: July 03, 2015, 06:38:13 PM »

I also love the weddingdress and outfit of princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon Parma.

The dress is made by Dutch fashion designer Addy van den Krommenacker, his first royal wedding dress.. "A great honor" he said afterwards. Addy has named the dress 'Irene' as the veil and dress contain Bruges laces which originates from Irene's dress (red: princess Irene of the Netherlands is Carolina's mother).

Mother of the bride with youngest son Jaime. Father Carlos Hugo de Bourbon-Parme is deceased, therefore Carolina was guided to the altar by her oldest brother Carlos, the current Duke of Parma:

elder sister Margarita (the one of the Margarita affair in the Dutch RF) was also present:

BTW wedding dresses of mother and sister:
Irene:

http://s51.photobucket.co...-645_zps6eac04b0.jpg.html

Margarita:
wedding 1.

wedding 2.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: July 04, 2015, 07:49:32 AM »

my two most favourite weeding dresses

because MM's is very ethereal, and midieval looking

Marie's fits her figure/proportions perfectly with the lowered waist; and while it is completely lace, the lace overlay over the whole dress is subtle.

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1577 on: July 04, 2015, 07:57:18 AM »

Maybe because I'm not a huge fan of lace (though Marie was a very pretty bride) I prefer the look of MM's bridal gown. I think her veil especially was perfect.
esther angeline

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: July 05, 2015, 12:21:58 AM »

Star Elissa and Principessa. 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #1579 on: July 06, 2015, 05:30:18 AM »

My all-time favorite royal wedding gown is MM's. Second, I think, is Maria Carolina's. And Maria Carolina's bouquet is my favorite by a mile
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1580 on: July 07, 2015, 01:00:20 AM »

I didnt love Letizia's dress, but her makeup was so beautifully natural looking; and you could see they loved each other. I also gave her a ton of respect for how well she dealt will the downpour of rain as she was to get out of the car with the world watching.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: July 07, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »

And off course the famous wedding tear of Máxima, wonderfully captured by the camera crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYU-n7Ket-c

(Including the bored lady in the back of the royal couple   )

Balcony scene, with multiple kisses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY0TrPchDhk

During the weddingvows in the church people outside cheering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLPpjEbRTsc

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:20:04 AM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1582 on: August 03, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »

Almost married for a year now:

Amelia d'Orleans- Braganca & James Spearman:

http://peoplebrightandbea...ganca-james-spearman.html
esther angeline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: August 04, 2015, 03:13:03 AM »

My all-time favorite royal wedding gown is MM's. Second, I think, is Maria Carolina's. And Maria Carolina's bouquet is my favorite by a mile

Editor, would you be able to post Maria Carolina's gown?  I dont even know who she is! Blush
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1584 on: August 04, 2015, 10:11:54 AM »

Editor, would you be able to post Maria Carolina's gown?  I dont even know who she is! Blush

Esther, see the bride at the top of this page, in my post Wink Smiley

In general she is called Princess Carolina (but I still think of her as Maria Carolina). She is born on 23 June 1974 in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. Princess Carolina is the fourth and youngest child (youngest daughter) of Princess Irene of the Netherlands & (deceased) Carlos Hugo de Bourbon Parma, Duke of Parma. Therefore she is a member of the Royal and Ducal House of Bourbon-Parma, as well as of the Dutch Royal Family.

Princess Carolina studied political science at University of Amsterdam and Harvard University, and also has an M.Sc. in Forced Migration from the University of Oxford. She has had a career at the United Nations. For this organisation she was stationed at the UN headquarters in New York City, as well as problematic areas such as Eritrea, the Gaza Strip, and in Acheh (Indonesia) after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. She is currently employed at the United Nations in Geneva, in the Organisation for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).

On 9 January 2012, it was announced Carolina would marry Dutch man Albert Brenninkmeijer, (born 16 May 1974), a member of the wealthy Brenninkmeijer family. The civil marriage took place on 21 April 2012 at Wijk bij Duurstede, the Netherlands (the place Carolina has lived for a long time). The church wedding took place at the San Miniato al Monte on 16 June 2012 in Florence, Italy.

Their daughter Alaïa-Maria Irene Cécile was born May 20, 2014 in Zurich, Switzerland.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #1585 on: August 06, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »

I love her bouquet of sweet peas. I read on another site that this was Queen Juliana's favorite flower.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1586 on: August 06, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »

Nice detail, Carolina's dress is made from material of her mothers dress. Therefore the designer named Carolina's dress "Irene"
Mary Stuart

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1587 on: August 18, 2015, 01:57:37 AM »

A listing with sketches of some royal wedding gowns and some details about them.

https://www.zalando.co.uk/royal-wedding-dresses/

Here is an animated gif of those sketches
ChocPepper

Ignore
« Reply #1588 on: October 10, 2015, 11:48:57 PM »

Hello! Well I have to tell you Charlene wedding dress is for me one of the most beautiful dresses that I saw... I think when she leave the palace was the best moment showing that wondrous hair piece!

Then the dresses that I like most was Mette Marit, simple but wonderful...

Letizia's dress was nice, but not on her so much fabric and not enough  woman there

Keep smiling and you will remember that smile in 1year and all the memories will have your smile. Feel it.
Katestolemyname

Micro Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #1589 on: May 08, 2016, 01:56:05 AM »

I find this topic very interesting, probably because I'm getting married this year. Like many posters already pointed out, I think the most important part is to pick a dress that fits one's figure. Mary's dress, for instance, would look much better on a smaller, more delicate woman. I, myself, am very small and pretty thin, so I know for sure that the big princess dress wouldn't look good on me. I don't think it would look good on MM either, so kuddos to her for keeping it simply beautiful. I'm not a fan of the boquet though.
I like Grace's dress the most. I also like the simplicity in MM's dress, but Victoria's also look good to me. Kate, is for me, a cheap copy of Grace, and Horfia a cheap copy of Kate (pretty well done!).
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: