Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 114   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Brides  (Read 954071 times)
Michelle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: November 12, 2010, 02:39:29 AM »

Marie's mother and grandmother looked so fantastic!!!  Very chic women.  What a difference from Mary's side Whistle

Flamingo

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: November 12, 2010, 03:50:33 AM »

I'm so with you all on Alex dressing like it's her first wedding. Yes  Definitely one of my major pet peeves.  I realize that A LOT of girls who get married in white dresses aren't virgins at all, but it just sort of makes me crazy when I see a woman who has such clear and obvious evidence of not being a virgin (i.e., she's been married before and/or has a child) wearing all white.  It just seems so tacky and tasteless, regardless of who it is - and that applies equally to Alex, Mette-Marit, and Letizia, even though I do like (some of) them.
Ddos
Banned
Medium Member

Erik Bruhn

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: November 12, 2010, 10:02:55 AM »

I'm so with you all on Alex dressing like it's her first wedding. Yes  Definitely one of my major pet peeves.  I realize that A LOT of girls who get married in white dresses aren't virgins at all, but it just sort of makes me crazy when I see a woman who has such clear and obvious evidence of not being a virgin (i.e., she's been married before and/or has a child) wearing all white.  It just seems so tacky and tasteless, regardless of who it is - and that applies equally to Alex, Mette-Marit, and Letizia, even though I do like (some of) them.
Considering Alexandra's first wedding was controlled by
the DRF, I would say her second wedding was the first where
she had her own way. Anyone with a controlling mother or MIL
would be able to guess her ordeal. And many couples remarry
to be able to get their dreamwedding. Should such a bride not be
allowed to choose the color white?

I have never heard that women should be virgins in this day and
age to marry in white  Grin How stoneage is that?
Anyone here really believe Mary Donaldson was a virgin when she was married?
Or Victoria who lived with Daniel for eight years?  
And why stop there? Shouldn't they also be forced to wear a sign proclaiming: Harlot!

If only girls who were virgins were allowed to wear white in church,
there would have to be fabricated a whole new line of black wedding dresses.
As my great grandmother said: Når maven tier er vi alle piger!
The little minx.  Cute
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: November 12, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

Wise grandma that was.... Wink

Anyway, I think wedding attires are so all over the map nowadays, that marrying in a virginal white meringue dress is just one of the many possibilities.
I have been to weddings where the bride wore blood red. I also went to one at which the bride took the "something old something new something borrowed something blue" literally and wore her brothers old levis.
I personally find some bridal dresses either too risky or to nightgownish. Some sexy versions with neckline deeper than their faith and or with clinging fabric that let's you detect  the brides belly button IMO aren't exactly what I would prefer when meeting your religions representative of God. But that's me... 

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ddos
Banned
Medium Member

Erik Bruhn

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: November 12, 2010, 10:32:18 AM »

I personally find some bridal dresses either too risky or to nightgownish. Some sexy versions with neckline deeper than their faith and or with clinging fabric that let's you detect  the brides belly button IMO aren't exactly what I would prefer when meeting your religions representative of God. But that's me... 
Grin I guess that's me too  Star
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: November 12, 2010, 10:34:33 AM »

That avator of your's is very yummy  Star... hey maybe we should send Fred note that men can look adorably handsome with grey hair? On second thought, forget it.... Wink

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ddos
Banned
Medium Member

Erik Bruhn

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: November 12, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »

That avator of your's is very yummy  Star... hey maybe we should send Fred note that men can look adorably handsome with grey hair? On second thought, forget it.... Wink
Isn't he though? Oh no, I see an article in the making:
Crown prince Frederik - our very own Anderson Cooper!
Among delicious men with grey hair, danish women prefer our prince!
  Dead
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: November 12, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »

Wellll Meary should be able to show him a sensual and expressive pout... She is quite good at it.... Spiteful

Mary's life motto:
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: November 12, 2010, 12:08:28 PM »

Ddos, I like your reasoning... First  Star from me!

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Flamingo

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: November 12, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »

I'm so with you all on Alex dressing like it's her first wedding. Yes  Definitely one of my major pet peeves.  I realize that A LOT of girls who get married in white dresses aren't virgins at all, but it just sort of makes me crazy when I see a woman who has such clear and obvious evidence of not being a virgin (i.e., she's been married before and/or has a child) wearing all white.  It just seems so tacky and tasteless, regardless of who it is - and that applies equally to Alex, Mette-Marit, and Letizia, even though I do like (some of) them.
Considering Alexandra's first wedding was controlled by
the DRF, I would say her second wedding was the first where
she had her own way. Anyone with a controlling mother or MIL
would be able to guess her ordeal. And many couples remarry
to be able to get their dreamwedding. Should such a bride not be
allowed to choose the color white?

I have never heard that women should be virgins in this day and
age to marry in white  Grin How stoneage is that?
Anyone here really believe Mary Donaldson was a virgin when she was married?
Or Victoria who lived with Daniel for eight years?  
And why stop there? Shouldn't they also be forced to wear a sign proclaiming: Harlot!

If only girls who were virgins were allowed to wear white in church,
there would have to be fabricated a whole new line of black wedding dresses.
As my great grandmother said: Når maven tier er vi alle piger!
The little minx.  Cute

I don't think it's "stone age" to still see white as a symbol of virginity - I'm in my early 20s and I have a lot of young friends who still think that way. Smiley  Of course non-virgins are "allowed" to wear white, nobody's stopping them, I just think it can sometimes be offensive/tacky.

No, I don't believe Victoria and Mary were virgins, so I'm not crazy about them wearing white; it just bothers me more in cases where there's cold, hard, inarguable evidence that the girl isn't a virgin...i.e., a child.

The reason it sort of offends me is that I think being a virgin at your wedding is hard work.  I have a friend getting married next summer to a guy she's dated for 4 years now.  She and her boyfriend want to save sex for marriage, so she's still a virgin and intends to be one when she marries in July.  This hasn't exactly been easy for them, because they love each other a lot and definitely want to have sex, they're just determined not to.  I think she's "earned" her white dress.

To me, a non-virgin marrying in white is sort of like a high school dropout running around at a university graduation in the robes of the Ph.D. candidates.  People receiving their Ph.D. have worked really hard for it and earned the right to wear those robes.  High school dropouts aren't bad people, stupid people, lesser human beings, etc., but they haven't done the work to earn the Ph.D. robes.  To me, white wedding dresses are the same - non-virgins aren't terrible women or lesser people, I just don't think they've worked for the right to wear that dress.  Just my opinion. Smiley
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: November 12, 2010, 06:52:50 PM »

I think whoever wants to wear white can wear white.  It is only associated with virginity since Queen Victoria anyway.  Before that, brides (virgins or not) wore their best dress and that was that. 

shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: November 12, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »

Forgot - what I hated the most about Alex's get up was not the white itself, but the whole long dress and updo with flowers in the hair.  If she had worn a more sophisticated white dress without all the frilly bullshit that made her look ridiculous, I would have liked it better.

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: November 12, 2010, 06:57:27 PM »

I think whoever wants to wear white can wear white.  It is only associated with virginity since Queen Victoria anyway.  Before that, brides (virgins or not) wore their best dress and that was that. 

ITA  Star

The typical white dress was a privilege for the rich and noble class. The normal wore black or brown, because it wasn´t so expensive and it was convenient.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: November 12, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »

Forgot - what I hated the most about Alex's get up was not the white itself, but the whole long dress and updo with flowers in the hair.  If she had worn a more sophisticated white dress without all the frilly bullshit that made her look ridiculous, I would have liked it better.

So true, Shoshanna  owe you a star when karma is up. Mutton dressed as a lamb comes to mind, really OTT .

Flamingo Star on reaching 100 Beer Yeah for you
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: November 12, 2010, 07:06:52 PM »

Champagne Star...and don't forget the ghastly make-up
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 114   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: