Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Brides  (Read 1024306 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1710 on: June 01, 2021, 03:49:58 PM »

My favorite wedding look will always be Victoria's.  The dress, the veil, the tiara!

Second to that, the dresses of Stephanie and Claire of Luxembourg were gorgeous and I have to give Eugenie's a thumbs up as well.

In terms of dresses I’d give it to the Lux brides ... but yes Vic looked amazing.... just the right dress on the day
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1711 on: June 01, 2021, 04:03:09 PM »

My favorite wedding look will always be Victoria's.  The dress, the veil, the tiara!

Second to that, the dresses of Stephanie and Claire of Luxembourg were gorgeous and I have to give Eugenie's a thumbs up as well.

Everything about Victoria that day was absolute perfection. It’s my all-time favorite as well!

Eugenie’s was gorgeous and styled so well for her, and the Lux dresses were just beautiful and timeless. Those are definitely in my top favorites as well.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1712 on: June 01, 2021, 04:22:36 PM »

I would copy Victoria's wedding dress in a heartbeat!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1713 on: June 01, 2021, 04:45:51 PM »

So I went over to the Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor blog and had a stroll through the wedding section, as a marvelous refresher of my favorite gowns.

Madde's is my best liked - though I've never really cared for flounces.

Pippa Middleton, while not officially a royal bride, is a very close second.

Kate's dress, though not a favorite at first, improves with age.

Victoria's was simply elegant.

Maxima's was very understated for her!

Anne's dress has always been a favorite - it very much suits her and her personality.

Loved both the Yorkie's dresses - Eugenie had that wonderful portrait neckline, a woven in pattern   and the way the dress was designed was perfection.

Bea gets props for a truly recycled gown that was lovely, suited to her and to the times in which she married.

I don't follow the Lux royals - but I'll go have a look at their wedding gowns!  

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 05:12:03 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #1714 on: June 01, 2021, 05:11:14 PM »

So I went over to the Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor blog and went through the wedding section, as a marvelous refresher of my favorite gowns.

Anne's dress has always been a favorite - it very much suits her and her personality.

Loved both the Yorkie's dresses - Eugenie had that wonderful portrait neckline, a woven in pattern   and the way the dress was designed was perfection.

Bea gets props for a truly recycled gown that was lovely, suited to her and to the times in which she married.

I loved Pippas dress. Victoria’s was lovely for her, but has never been my favorite. Love Eugenies! It might be my favorite, but Steph of Lux is almost in a dead heat for me with Eugenies. Definitely check hers out.

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #1715 on: June 01, 2021, 07:27:28 PM »

So I went over to the Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor blog and went through the wedding section, as a marvelous refresher of my favorite gowns.

Loved both the Yorkie's dresses - Eugenie had that wonderful portrait neckline, a woven in pattern  and the way the dress was designed was perfection.

I loved Pippas dress. Victoria’s was lovely for her, but has never been my favorite. Love Eugenies! It might be my favorite, but Steph of Lux is almost in a dead heat for me with Eugenies. Definitely check hers out.
Ditto! And Steph's dress had MT written all over it.   Whistle

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1716 on: June 01, 2021, 10:33:39 PM »

I never seem to get tired of wedding and wedding dress retrospectives!  It was neat to see how many of these were actually quite similar.  Also, it points up how unimpressive Kate's dress was  Secret
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1717 on: June 02, 2021, 10:29:11 AM »

Eugenie dress was indeed great and fitted her in person. In other words, the personal touch
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1718 on: June 02, 2021, 10:30:28 AM »

I never seem to get tired of wedding and wedding dress retrospectives!  It was neat to see how many of these were actually quite similar.  Also, it points up how unimpressive Kate's dress was  Secret

Wasn't there a noble bride in Germany or so whose weddingdress was alsmost completely  the same as Kate's? And that  her wedding took place before that of Kate and Williams

RED: found it, see: http://rheass.blogspot.co...-striking-similarity.html

The bride was apparently Italian-born Isabella Orsini who married Belgian Prince Edouard de Ligne two years before Kate & William. Isabella is a  goddaughter of former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. Indeed a.o. the lace and skirts are different, but it has otherwise a striking similarity.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 10:37:23 AM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1719 on: June 02, 2021, 10:42:09 AM »

And for something completely different, some royal weddingdresses in "non-western" societies:

Japan:

Bhutan

Brunei
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1720 on: June 03, 2021, 06:28:59 PM »

The Brunei brides and their diamond and gold bouquets!  I didn't realise they're all different.  Can you imagine?  "Ring the jewelers and get another bouquet hammered up!"

I loved Beatrice of York's wedding dress, even better than her sister's.  She looked gorgeous that day (rather a task).
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1721 on: June 03, 2021, 06:45:16 PM »

You know those Brunei dresses are over the top when I didn't even notice that their bouquets are made of gold!
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #1722 on: June 03, 2021, 06:47:37 PM »

Royal Style in the Making:

Diana's wedding dress will be on display for the first time in 25 years, along with outfits created for HM and the Queen Mum by Norman Hartnell. Also on display will be will be sketches, fabric swatches and notes from exclusive pieces.

https://www.dailymail.co....ay-Kensington-Palace.html

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1723 on: June 04, 2021, 06:46:56 PM »

You know those Brunei dresses are over the top when I didn't even notice that their bouquets are made of gold!

You know, the expression “gilding the lily” flew through my mind when I saw these. Why distract from the dress and headdress with huge jewelry that looks like someone plopped it on you at the last moment?

I love the Luxembourg dresses, and I think Steph’s is my all time favorite. She looked gorgeous.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1724 on: June 07, 2021, 10:35:57 PM »

In recent years, I love Eugenie's the best. Absolutely love the emerald tiara she wore, the cut of her dress, and the happiness on her face. Such perfection.

Bandeau tiaras are so beautiful in weddings, they fit with a veil so nicely.

Pippa's esthetic is also a close second for me!
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: