Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jetsun Pema, Queen Consort of Bhutan - Photos  (Read 15393 times)
digitalkat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »

I know I'm the only one here who doesn't think Jetsun Pema is the best thing to come along since sliced bread, but she appears to me to think rather highly of herself.  I suspect she wouldn't have given the king a second look if he hadn't been the king.  And while I'm at it, (get ready with the slings and arrows) I still don't think he's much to write home about, in the looks department.  I think I said in an earlier thread that he reminded me of Jamie, Elena of Spain's ex....rather ungainly, stiff, big forehead.  Do you remember Lurch, from "The Musters"?        

No slings or arrows from me (  Smiley ), I think she's very beautiful but I do agree that she probably thinks alot of herself. When they first married it came across as demure but now seems more smug. I like the King though, he reminds me of an Asian Elvis Presley.

ITA with both of you about her self-pride. Even if the royals there are loaded, it surely wouldn't do any harm to be more low key when it comes to her expensive taste. She's been married for just a few months, and has shopped for so much already, I'm sure there will be even more to come. It's hard for name brand addicts to go back to wearing non-couture. Sweating

She is beautiful and seems to perform her duties well, but does that justify such extravagance in a country with a GDP as low as Bhutan's? I'm sure that even if she is just trying to appear well dressed among foreign royals, she can still choose some mid-range but decent looking clothes, or simply just wear her traditional outfits when she visits other royal families.
Surely the money splurged so far on a vast collection of luxury items could have been used somewhere else, if "Gross National Happiness" is truly what she cares about.  Shocked

[coeur / heart]

This word refers to all kinds of movements and
desires, but what is constant is that the heart is
constituted into a gift-object — whether ignored
or rejected.

--Roland Barthes, "Fragments D'un Discours Amoureux"
Butterbean

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »

nice pedicure!
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »

ITA Chris, SQ, Digitalkat and BB  Star and BB...yeah nice pedicure..but shame about them toes all twisted like that  Crazy must be them too many pointy high heels

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »

/quote/she probably thinks alot of herself/quote/

Aren’t they all, once there?  Wink

But somehow I like the royal couple of Bhutan. Seeing them gives me a warm, good, light feeling…  Smiley

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »

I don't get the impression that the Queen is arrogant and thinks highly of herself, but of course you never know.  Whistle Would love to know what she's really like.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2020, 04:34:53 AM »

she is the dragon queen - love this photo of her

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: