Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bhutan Royal news  (Read 546691 times)
AddiesGirl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: November 02, 2016, 10:51:16 PM »

Star LittleThunder, thank you for trying to find the meaning of tokha. I tried Google, too, with no luck. I imagine it is something like granting an audience or meeting with the people. When visiting the king's Facebook I noticed the new calendar, very beautiful!

In other posts on the Bhutan Royal FB page, "tokha" is described as an offering of food, &/or a meal ("public lunch").

Thanks SI, mystery solved Star

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: November 06, 2016, 08:28:05 PM »

Star SpittingImage.  Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/...un/posts/1137601329621227
6 November 2016:

Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen graced the opening of the Civil Society Fair 2016 at the Thimphu Changlimithang Centenary Park.

34 Civil Society Organisations in Bhutan, which are involved in various types of work in a multitude of areas, participated in the 2-day fair. The fair, entitled "Celebrating Civil Society", is a thematic exhibition of Civil Society Work, designed to advocate presence of CSOs and the roles the fraternity plays in complimenting government efforts to achieve the development goals of the country.

The 2016 fair has been build around a thematic exhibition using the 4 pillars/9 domains of Gross National Happiness. Besides the exhibitions the visitors will also get to witness entertainment program by volunteer and professional dancers, singers and street-artists.

As the Royal Patron of a number of civil society organisations, including the Ability Bhutan Society, the Royal Society for Protection of Nature, and Bhutan Kidney Foundation, Her Majesty works closely with CSOs in Bhutan.

The first CSO fair was held in 2013, coinciding with the Royal Wedding Anniversary.

^ "Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen at the opening ceremony of the CSO fair."

^ "Her Majesty views the infographic displays of Bhutan Transparency Initiative, one of the CSOs participating in the fair."

^ "Sabah Bhutan's head of production, Kezang Dolkar, presents the CSO's work to Her Majesty, as Yezar Lhamo, one of the home weavers registered with the organisation, demonstrates weaving on a traditional loom. Sabah-Bhutan helps home based workers promote and market their products."

^ "Sonam Deki Chozom, a member of the Voluntary Artist Studio of Thimphu, and VAST's founder, Kama Wangdi, with Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen at the CSO fair. VAST is actively supported by the Office of the Gyalpoi Zimpon."

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: December 02, 2016, 11:35:29 PM »

http://yellow.bt/bhutan-calendar-december-2016/

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: December 02, 2016, 11:47:06 PM »

I'm still so embarrassed for them remembering W&K there  Blush

He is so  cute!

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: December 04, 2016, 02:23:08 AM »

He looks like a happy, content little guy. 
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: December 06, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/...un/posts/1164388533609173

3rd December is annually observed as the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. This morning, the Royal Patron of Ability Bhutan Society (ABS) Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen graced an event which brought together children and adults with moderate to severe disabilities, and care givers and volunteers, with senior government officials, and members of the international community.

Her Majesty launches the DVD created by Wangsel Institute which teaches communication support to families and service providers of young deaf children and contains over 300 signs, incorporating Bhutanese sign language.

Her Majesty congratulates Sidarth Pradhan after he spoke to the gathering about his life as a child with autism. Sidarth is 13 years old and studies in Changangkha Middle Secondary School.

Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen is the Royal Patron of the Ability Bhutan Society (ABS). ABS provides multidisciplinary services to children with moderate to severe disabilities.

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: December 09, 2016, 09:11:04 PM »

8 December 2016, Tencholing:

His Majesty The King granted an Audience to the volunteers attending the 22nd batch DeSuung Training Programme. The volunteers of the 22nd batch DeSuung programme are mainly employed in the tourism and hospitality sector. The 125 volunteers began training on 23rd November, and will complete it on 10th, swelling the total number of DeSuups in the country to 2641.

Since 2011, DeSuups in their orange uniforms have become an integral part of all national events, disasters, or rescue efforts, and are icons of volunteerism in the country.

Later in the evening, His Majesty The King offered prayers at the Punakha Dzongkhag Moenlam Chhenmo.
https://www.facebook.com/...73260/?type=3&theater

"Where we live must be clean, safe, organised, and beautiful, for national integrity, national pride, and our bright future. This too is nation building."
- His Majesty The King.
Bhutanese across the country celebrated the happy occasion of the 10th Anniversary of His Majesty's Reign, by cleaning their towns, streets, and surroundings, as a special offering from the people to His Majesty The King.
https://www.facebook.com/...un/posts/1172455916135768

Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen with some of the volunteers cleaning up Thimphu. Her Majesty met with the volunteers around Thimphu, and personally thanked them for their special gift to His Majesty.
Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen is the Royal Patron of Clean Bhutan.

Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen met volunteers around Thimphu participating in the nationwide cleaning campaign to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of His Majesty's Reign. Thanking the volunteers, Her Majesty said that this was the most wonderful gift to His Majesty that the people could have offered.

9 December 2016: His Majesty The King graced the closing ceremony of the 8th session of the Second Parliament this morning.

Coinciding with the auspicious Anniversary of the 10th year of His Majesty's Reign, His Majesty The King granted land kidu to 2,703 beneficiaries from 8 gewogs under Thimphu Dzongkhag at the Simtokha Dzong later today. The recipients, residing in the rural parts of Thimphu, received a total of 810.264 acres of land as Kidu.

With Thimphu dzongkhag, the National Cadastral Resurvey Programme (NCRP) Land Kidu has been granted in 15 dzongkhags across the country. A nationwide cadastral resurvey was conducted by the National Land Commission upon the Royal Command of His Majesty The King, and completed in 2008. The survey, conducted with the most advanced technology available, was used to identify land issues, which were resolved with His Majesty?s Kidu. His Majesty has granted over 132,177 acres of land as Kidu to 112,749 people across the country so far.
https://www.facebook.com/...88260/?type=3&theater

Here is a 15 minutes long video about King Jigme's ten years on the throne : https://www.facebook.com/...videos/10154650390018260/  or https://www.facebook.com/...videos/10154649778013260/ No English subtitles alas but the speech is translated in the comment of the video.
Extract on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/p/BNyRKVTjPnT/
The congratulations are a bit exaggerated but most are probably heart-felt. Well, it's PR.

Edit : I just found this cute pic :

https://www.facebook.com/...21647/?type=3&theater

Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: December 17, 2016, 07:08:52 PM »

Keen!
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: December 17, 2016, 07:42:19 PM »

Ahhh cuteness overload.  Banana

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: December 18, 2016, 05:43:55 AM »

Keen!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: December 18, 2016, 06:48:07 PM »

is she pregnant again, or is it just the draping of the jacket?

And why is grandpa looking so strictly at little Jigme Namgyel? Sad

RoyalMusings

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: December 18, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »

is she pregnant again, or is it just the draping of the jacket?

And why is grandpa looking so strictly at little Jigme Namgyel? Sad

I wondered the same thing. Her jacket looks big and concealing.
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: December 20, 2016, 09:07:33 PM »

^ With these traditional jackets, I several times thought that Jetsun was pregnant when she wasn't, so I really can't tell.  Thinking Grin Little Jigme seems to be a tall boy and his father has his hair styled like Elvis' again. 

Other pictures here with the translation of the King's speech : https://www.facebook.com/...r/posts/10154686761183260

23 Public Benefit Organizations, were awarded the National Order of Merit (Gold) in recognition of their services to the nation, in volunteering time and effort towards promoting humanitarian values, our culture and tradition, and our national objectives; for working passionately and tirelessly for the benefit of others; for taking on the responsibility to provide support and assistance wherever the government is unable to reach, and for keeping alive the sacred values of compassion and empathy.

22 pictures here : https://www.facebook.com/...r/posts/10154693012728260 
Following a special National Day this year, His Majesty The King visited Trongsa Dzong with His Royal Highness The Gyalsey on 18th December, a deeply symbolic occasion graced by the entire Royal Family.

As it marked the arrival of someone who would someday hold the post of Trongsa Penlop, with the past and present Kings of Bhutan, the visit was of profound significance.

On the 19th of December, Their Majesties visited Her Majesty's ancestral paternal home in Tangsibji with HRH The Gyalsey- another special occasion.

His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo and the Royal Family graced the occasion, and the entire village gathered to welcome the Royal Family to Tangsibji.

It was a precious opportunity for the people to offer their Tashi Khadars and wishes, as His Majesty presented HRH Gyalsey to them.

"His Royal Highness The Gyalsey receives blessings from the most sacred and exalted artefacts housed in the Trongsa Dzong."

"A portrait of the Royal Family at Trongsa Dzong, on the occasion of His Royal Highness The Gyalsey's first visit to Trongsa Dzong."

"Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen with Her Royal Highness Princess Dechen Yangzom and Ashi Yeatso Lhamo, at the Trongsa Dzong, on 18th December."

"His Royal Highness The Gyalsey reaches over to touch the National Flag at the marchang ceremony to welcome HRH to Her Majesty's ancestral paternal home in Tangsibji, Trongsa, on 19th December."

"HRH Gyaltshab Jigme Dorji with Ashi Yeatso, their daughter SH Decho Pema, Her Majesty's youngest sister, Serchen Doma, and Her Majesty's mother, Yum Sonam Chuki (back)."

"His Majesty The King with Her Majesty Gyalyum Tshering Pem."

"HRH Princess Kesang Choden's son SH Jamgyel Singye (left) and HRH Princess Sonam Dechan's son, SH Jigje Singye, with popular Bhutanese comedians, at Tangsibji, Trongsa."

"HRH Gyalsey with his Grandparents, His Majesty Drukgyal Zhipa and Her Majesty Gyalyum Tshering Yangdon".

"HRH Princess Kesang Choden with her son, SH Ugyen Junay."

"Her Royal Highness Princess Kesang Choden"

"Her Royal Highness Princess Sonam Dechan"

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: December 22, 2016, 08:00:19 PM »

18 new pics : https://www.facebook.com/...r/posts/10154698855548260 <- pics of landscapes and of the monuments.

His Majesty The King visited Taphey Goemba, in Nubi Gewog this morning. The Goemba is reached after a two-hour hike from the nearest road.

The Taphey Goemba at 3,076 m, was built by our first king, His Majesty King Ugyen Wangchuck, and is a meditational retreat today, with 7 monks currently in residence. It was damaged by a fire in the 50's, and later rebuilt.
https://www.facebook.com/...08260/?type=3&theater

His Majesty The King visited the lovely village of Yuling, and met the people of the village in the afternoon at the Yuling Lhakhang.

The Trongsa Ta Dzong, as seen from Yuling.

His Majesty at the College of Language and Culture Studies, Taktse, on 20th December.

His Majesty The King with the Prime Minister, the director, and the students of the College of Language and Cultural Studies, Taktse.

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: December 25, 2016, 10:16:36 PM »

His Majesty The King in the desilting chamber, one of the structures that is part of the Mangdechu Hydroelectric Project, is currently under construction in Trongsa.

Mangdechu is among the 6 Hydroelectric plants currently under construction in Bhutan.

Since the commissioning of Chukha Hydroelectric Project in 1988, there are five Hydroelectric Projects in Bhutan, which generate a combined 1582 MW of hydropower, meeting domestic requirements, and as an export, contributing substantially to our GDP.

Bhutan's difficult terrain which impedes development in many areas, is however, most suitable for the development of hydropower projects, allowing the country to produce clean energy with the minimum damage to the environment.

The development of many small scale and mega projects has given not only an opportunity to employ thousands of Bhutanese in various capacities, but also enabled the development of knowledge and skills which could be transferred to develop similar projects across the world.

His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen arrived in Thimphu after a Royal Visit to Trongsa with His Royal Highness The Gyalsey, following the 109th National Day celebrations.

Their Majesties travelled across Trongsa, to meet with the people and presented His Royal Highness The Gyalsey. People from across the dzongkhag expressed their great joy for receiving the opportunity to offer their wishes personally to Their Majesties on the Royal Birth.
https://www.facebook.com/...28260/?type=3&theater

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: