Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bhutan Royal news  (Read 802844 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1395 on: October 29, 2020, 07:12:01 PM »

Bhutan has the best looking royals by far!
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1396 on: October 29, 2020, 09:41:19 PM »

The announcement of their wedding is now on the King's instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG73FK7F3H-/

LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1397 on: October 29, 2020, 09:52:13 PM »

A royal wedding took place on October 29th in Bhutan.
Princess Euphelma Choden Wangchuck , daughter of the former king Jigme Singye Wangchuck, married Dasho Thinlay Norbu at the Royal Palace Dechecholing of Thimphou.

The groom is the younger brother of Queen Jetsun.

https://histoiresroyales....elma-bhoutan-frere-reine/

So the King's little half-sister married the Queen's little brother. That's keeping the family close by. 

I have the impression of déja vu though...  Thinking

If I remember correctly, this already happened a few years ago when a brother of the King married a sister of Queen Jetsun, but I can't find of which page of this thread it's mentioned.  Confused I hope my tired brain isn't imaging it...  Secret But I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

This news on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/...CXzEuQ0igaXFI&fref=nf

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1398 on: October 29, 2020, 09:53:17 PM »

A royal wedding took place on October 29th in Bhutan.
Princess Euphelma Choden Wangchuck , daughter of the former king Jigme Singye Wangchuck, married Dasho Thinlay Norbu at the Royal Palace Dechecholing of Thimphou.

The groom is the younger brother of Queen Jetsun.

https://histoiresroyales....elma-bhoutan-frere-reine/

Thanks for the update, Elissa  Star

On the Royal IG it states:

Her Royal Highness Princess Eeuphelma Choden Wangchuck married Dasho Thinlay Norbu in a Royal Wedding ceremony today.

The Royal Wedding was held at Dechencholing Palace in Thimphu. The Royal Couple received the blessings of His Majesty The King, His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo and His Holiness the Je Khenpo.

Her Royal Highness Princess Eeuphelma Choden Wangchuck was born in 1993 to His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo and Her Majesty Gyalyum Sangay Choden Wangchuck. Her Royal Highness graduated with a major in Sociology from Georgetown University in the United States in 2016. As President of the Bhutan Paralympic Committee, Her Royal Highness represents Bhutan internationally to take forward the participation of Bhutanese athletes with disabilities in various global sporting events.

Dasho Thinlay Norbu was born to Yab Dhondup Gyaltshen and Yum Sonam Choki in 1992, and is the younger brother of Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen. After graduating from St. Stephen’s college in Delhi University, Dasho trained as a pilot and has been flying for the National Airline Drukair since 2019.

The Royal Couple are both active DeSuups.

DeSuups

Dessuups- The Guardians of Peace
Dessuup is the highest form of the voluntary act in Bhutan. The volunteers wearing an orange uniform will be easily spotted in any event of disasters, charitable work and celebration to help. The first syllable of the word "De"(bde) originates from the word "Dekyid" meaning peace or tranquility and "De" is commonly understood to be the shortened version of Dekyid. The second syllable "Suung"(Srung) is commonly referred to as the act of guarding or protecting. Therefore, the phrase - "De-Suung" means "Guardians of Peace". Desuups are volunteers from all walks of life. From the graduates to the executives of the country, the orange dress unifies all Bhutanese and promotes community vitality.

The main aims and objectives of Desuung are to cultivate the values of amity, allegiance, unity and harmony, to encourage all citizens to be active in the greater role of nation-building, to provide useful and appropriate skills and knowledge in the field of disaster management. To instill a greater sense of community, harmony and cooperation as a group and individual members of society. To instill good human traits and values such as discipline, integrity, teamwork, commitment and dedication to work, respect for elders and seniors, sense of ownership, accountability and responsibility and to enhance the spirit of volunteerism and to undertake charitable work.

Desuups program first started in 2011 under the patronage of His Majesty the 5th King of Bhutan. So far 4,457 Bhutanese have trained as Desuups since the programme was initiated in 2011. As per the Command of His Majesty The King, the Desuung Integrated Training Programme is instituted to be a value-based personal development program with the main objective to encourage all citizens to be active in the greater role of nation-building. Through these training programmes, all Desuup trainees are expected to appreciate the sense of community, harmony and cooperation as a group and as active members of society.

Technically, the majority of the Bhutanese people do not have either lesser degree of understanding of issues connected to disaster risk management, nor do they have the right technical skills to fight disasters. Therefore, in times of emergencies and an acute shortage of skilled manpower to take up the challenge of search and rescue operations, relief operations, and rehabilitation and reconstruction desuups volunteers to work for the betterment of the community.

The underlying premise of the training programme is built upon the spirit of “volunteerism” and the positive influence of ethics and values of community service, integrity and civic responsibility. It is also expected that any citizen who has undergone this training programme actively volunteers during disaster operations, participate in charitable activities and be of service to others throughout their lives.

Very interesting!

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1399 on: October 29, 2020, 10:23:40 PM »

So the King's little half-sister married the Queen's little brother. That's keeping the family close by.  

I have the impression of déja vu though...  Thinking

If I remember correctly, this already happened a few years ago when a brother of the King married a sister of Queen Jetsun, but I can't find of which page of this thread it's mentioned.  Confused I hope my tired brain isn't imaging it...  Secret But I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

Yup, you are right.

Queen Jetsun Pema has an older sister: Yeatso Lhamo

She is married to HRH Dasho Jigme Dorji. Prince Jigme Dorji a brother to the current king:

Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
(current king)
House   Wangchuck
Father   Jigme Singye Wangchuck
Mother   Tshering Yangdon

Jigme Dorji Wangchuck
House   Wangchuck
Mother   Tshering Yangdon

the little girl in the photo is their daughter - the bigger girl is Yeatso Lhamo younger sister.

LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1400 on: October 29, 2020, 10:31:34 PM »

Star  Thumb up Thanks for your efficient research, PeDe ! I really had a strange air of 'déja vu'. I'm glad 2020 hasn't yet claimed my mind & memory.  Grin

I wonder what are ties between these two families for them to have three marriages uniting them.

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1401 on: October 29, 2020, 10:35:48 PM »

I wonder what are ties between these two families for them to have three marriages uniting them.
[/quote]

I adore the Bhutan RF but this does seem a bit off.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1402 on: October 29, 2020, 10:41:22 PM »

Wow... what a kuddelmuddel....I have to write it down to get it straight.

Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
(current king)
House   Wangchuck
Father   Jigme Singye Wangchuck
Mother  Tshering Yangdon

Jetsun Pema
(current queen)

Jigme Dorji Wangchuck
(Brother of the current king)
House   Wangchuck
Father   Jigme Singye Wangchuck
Mother  Tshering Yangdon

Ashi Yeatso
- older sister of Jetsun Pema

Princess Eeuphelma Choden Wangchuck
(half-sister of current king)
House   Wangchuck
Mother   Sangay Choden

Dasho Thinlay Norbu
- brother of Jetsun Pema

So we have one more brother and one more sister to get hitched in the house of Wangchuck  

- Jigme Namgyal (Jetsun Pema's brother)
- Serchen Doma (Jetsun Pema's younger sister)

Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1403 on: October 29, 2020, 10:51:35 PM »

I adore the Bhutan RF but this does seem a bit off.
[/quote]

At least it’s better than the former king who married four sisters on the same day.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1404 on: October 29, 2020, 11:35:53 PM »

Maybe it's a extablished (ruling) families thing. They know each other and they "fit".

Experience? No clue!

genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1405 on: October 29, 2020, 11:58:41 PM »

I still love their national dress! 

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #1406 on: October 29, 2020, 11:58:55 PM »

These marriages strike me as borderline medieval.

This isn't a good or bad thing, it just looks like a snapshot of how things were done back in the day i.e. when marriages were dictated by the emphasis on suitability and family alliances.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1407 on: October 30, 2020, 04:40:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure all of the Bhutan royals are related, both closely and distantly. Don't forget the king knew Jetsun most of his life and said he would marry her when he was very young. I'm sure that was encouraged.

It's a miracle that they are so beautiful as the in-breeding seems to do the opposite for European royals and aristos lol.

Good luck to the bride and groom!
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1408 on: October 31, 2020, 07:59:32 PM »

In honor of the anniversary of the King's accession to the trone on November 1st a new picture of his two sons has been released

https://yellow.bt/2020/10...lendar-for-november-2020/

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1409 on: October 31, 2020, 09:11:23 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: