Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CP Pavlos Speaks on Greece  (Read 9041 times)
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/vi...pavlos.cnn?iref=allsearch

I like CP Pav but he has to be careful with such interviews.

The Greeks will like his comments about the Euro not being good for Greece.

But he seems a bit vague on what happened in Greece esp about the 'books' and not mentioning Goldman Sachs and how the public money was mismanaged and unaccountable and how the average taxpayer has been asked to foot the bill. The expenditure in Greece was not just to pay public servants.

Yes Greece has a high public sector force (which need to be trimmed) but a low if no existant social welfare system(other than retirees). I also agree with his views on strengthing private investment. Other countries like Australia have an average Public Sector but a high welfare state, so it's tit for tat this argument.

BTW the pensioners only get about $300-$400 Euro a MONTH!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:03:22 PM by CD. » Logged

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »

i don't even know why he feels qualified to speak on Greece's problem, it won't help the situation, only inflame an already angry Greek public

and pensioners here in UK don't get much more, i think they get about £100 a week on a state pension, which isn't a lot

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »

i don't even know why he feels qualified to speak on Greece's problem, it won't help the situation, only inflame an already angry Greek public

and pensioners here in UK don't get much more, i think they get about £100 a week on a state pension, which isn't a lot

ITA Star.  He kept saying "we" throughout this interview, and I wanted to say, "you're not part of the 'we'!" They threw you out and they don't want you back.  I'm not Greek, but even I'm kind of offended hearing him trying to speak on their behalf. 

He also seems to take after his dear cousin Fred in the speaking department.  He's a bit more articulate than Fred but he still has the same bumbling mannerisms (just to a lesser degree).  Poor dumb, hot Pavlos.  He really should just sit back and continue to look hot.  Speaking publicly on behalf (or so he thinks) of a country that threw him out is kind of awkward to see.  He didn't really have anything all that interesting to say-the interviewer kind of guided him and Pavlos just seemed to agree with what the interviewer was insinuating.  He mentions all the wealthy Greeks that are abroad but fails to elaborate on how exactly they can help the country out. 
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »

ITA Star.  He kept saying "we" throughout this interview, and I wanted to say, "you're not part of the 'we'!" They threw you out and they don't want you back.  I'm not Greek, but even I'm kind of offended hearing him trying to speak on their behalf. 

Pitty & Tat  Star

Greece's problems are far more complex than the simple answer he provided. And the people know this. He was better off keeping out of it.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »

I hate spammers.  They need to go far, far away. Crap
TheQueenBee

Medium Member

Australia Australia

'Look! I finally got it!'

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »

Mr TheQueenBee is half Greek (and half Serbian) and when he read it, he rolled his eyes saying that he wouldn't expect 'Americans' to know about the problems of Greece and 'I've been there more than him'.

dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 06:41:51 PM »

Mr TheQueenBee is half Greek (and half Serbian) and when he read it, he rolled his eyes saying that he wouldn't expect 'Americans' to know about the problems of Greece and 'I've been there more than him'.
Mr TheQueenBee is right, Pavlos doesn't know a thing about what goes on in Greece, he didn't grow up there, his only relation to this country is the useless royal titles he& and his family insist on using despite the many many years that passed since they were actually a reigning monarchy.
but hi, the title is his only asset, using it got him a rich wife.. sorry l just find it  the way GRF latches on to Greece off-putting, there was a reason they were thrown out, it was years ago, get over it, you got the money which is what's important to you so stop being hypocrites by pretending you give a damn about what goes on in Greece.

TheQueenBee

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »

Mr TheQueenBee is right, Pavlos doesn't know a thing about what goes on in Greece, he didn't grow up there, his only relation to this country is the useless royal titles he& and his family insist on using despite the many many years that passed since they were actually a reigning monarchy.
but hi, the title is his only asset, using it got him a rich wife.. sorry l just find it  the way GRF latches on to Greece off-putting, there was a reason they were thrown out, it was years ago, get over it, you got the money which is what's important to you so stop being hypocrites by pretending you give a damn about what goes on in Greece.

Had dinner with Mr TQB and his Greek father before and I quote his Dad (aged 60) here saying 'they're not even f***ing Greek....they're all bloody Danish. And they call themselves Greeks? And act like they understand Greece? They p*ss me off, F***ing trash, the lot of them, they're all just bloody society people now acting like they're our royalty when we f***king made it f***king clear we don't f***ing want them when we threw them out'.

Not much makes him swear, but not much annoys him more than the Greek royals LOL.

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »

Laugh bounce  Star

While people in other former monarchies are ambivalent towards their Royals, because they were forced out by communists for example, the Greeks are very clear and I think it´s good. Pavlos was born a Crown Prince, but his son should be plain Mr. Glücksburg when Constantin dies.
dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »

Had dinner with Mr TQB and his Greek father before and I quote his Dad (aged 60) here saying 'they're not even f***ing Greek....they're all bloody Danish. And they call themselves Greeks? And act like they understand Greece? They p*ss me off, F***ing trash, the lot of them, they're all just bloody society people now acting like they're our royalty when we f***king made it f***king clear we don't f***ing want them when we threw them out'.

Not much makes him swear, but not much annoys him more than the Greek royals LOL.

Star for Mr TQB dad!  Jumping Jumping Jumping l really needed that laugh today   thanks  TheQueenBee Star
Jonathan

Huge Member

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »

Star

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 06:39:45 AM »

I love it. This has to be the most obnoxious former reigning RF on the planet.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
TheQueenBee

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »

The boyfriend's father is a real 'proper' person, and I think that's more profanity in one comment than I've heard out of him in 2 years. I asked if that is how many Greeks feel and he said 'Oh yes, and it's worse because they aren't Greek.' He then went on to say the 'only f**king thing Greek about them? Their kids names. But Greek names don't f**king make a Greek!' He turned to my boy and asked him something in Greek which turned out to be a translation because he then looked back at me and said 'Yes, he say in the English you say you put the lipstick on a pig and it still pig. You put the Greek name on the Danes? Still Danes. They trash'.

He's a very funny guy, hopefully I'll know him for a long time to come Wink

dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 12:03:36 PM »

The boyfriend's father is a real 'proper' person, and I think that's more profanity in one comment than I've heard out of him in 2 years. I asked if that is how many Greeks feel and he said 'Oh yes, and it's worse because they aren't Greek.' He then went on to say the 'only f**king thing Greek about them? Their kids names. But Greek names don't f**king make a Greek!' He turned to my boy and asked him something in Greek which turned out to be a translation because he then looked back at me and said 'Yes, he say in the English you say you put the lipstick on a pig and it still pig. You put the Greek name on the Danes? Still Danes. They trash'.

He's a very funny guy, hopefully I'll know him for a long time to come Wink
he sounds nice, hope everything works out for you Smiley Hug
katerzzz

Mini Member

Mary Who?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 01:20:53 PM »

I think the GRF's obnoxious attitude could come from the fact that they are directly related to one very popular (at least in it's home country) royal family in Denmark, and another one (not quite so popular in it's home country but more so worldwide) in Spain. Constantine's sister-in-law is the Queen regnant of a country who, for the most part, seem to blindingly adore her and the other members of the DRF, and his sister is Queen consort of a country which is well known in Spanish speaking parts of the world. There's a part of me that feels sorry for him, because he's the only king to have been booted out of his palace and off his throne in the last half century. When we look at Georg Friedrich in Germany, he never started off as Emperor and then got shoved out when the Germans didn't want him. Constantine did. So he, and his older kids, got used to being King/Prince/Princess, and Anna Marie got used to being Queen, then it was taken away from them literally overnight. So perhaps he feels a sense of loss, which is made all the more worse because immediate members of his and his wife's families are also members of fairly stable monarchies.

But I agree with all the above. Pavlos, on the other hand, should feel no sense of loss; he wasn't even born (am I right?) when they were kicked out of Greece. He is no legal Crown Prince and shouldn't be so quick to use a title he has no right to. I'm offended by him claiming to be with the Greeks and I'm not even Greek.

GIFSoup
Sooo cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: