Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Hollywood stars would make good European royals like Grace?  (Read 22335 times)
Nathalie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 04:03:14 PM »

Thandi Newton is the daughter of a Princess, i read once. Is that true?

What about Aishwarya Rai? She might not be too Hollywood, but is Bollywood, and f*ucking gorgeous. That could have been a nice option for Albert de Monaco...anyway i don't think she would have looked at him twice  Tongue

Another one who could have been a nice choice, for whatever Royal House, is (not Hollywood) Argentinian actress Andrea Frigerio. Talking about gorgeous woman.
Scandinavian Princess

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »

I think Marion Cotilliard could be a very lovely princess  Blush

Form men, we can switch Orlando Bloom and Carl Philip ( and then, may be we can get rid of Snakey  Halo )
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »

What about Aishwarya Rai? She might not be too Hollywood, but is Bollywood, and f*ucking gorgeous. That could have been a nice option for Albert de Monaco...anyway i don't think she would have looked at him twice  Tongue

Another one who could have been a nice choice, for whatever Royal House, is (not Hollywood) Argentinian actress Andrea Frigerio. Talking about gorgeous woman.

Aishwarya Rai is one of those women who is so beautiful it hurts your eyes to look at her. The only other female I think could ever rival her beauty is dead....a young Liz Taylor!

I have never heard of Andrea Frigerio...will look her up!  Roll Eyes

I forgot about Marion Cotillard..I find her very elegant..and the resemblance between Orlando Bloom and Prince C-P is uncanny. But Orlando has better taste in women...much better!  Cool

BTW smf3000...I agree with your assessment of Iman...FIERCE is the word for that sistah! I love her!!  Star And Thandie Newton would make a GREAT Royal...very classy, elegant educated woman!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 04:30:41 PM »

Ash has done plenty of trashy Bollywood films so I wouldn't count her if trashiness isn't allowed.....

I think many of the older actresses from the 50s and 60s would fit the royal mould much better although Bollywood already has a couple of royals. Sharmila Tagore married an Indian "prince" and her son and daughter are both in Bollywood.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Nathalie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »

Oups, well, i just mention her for the looks, i don't have any idea of her filmography...though i did watch Pink Panther 2  Tongue

Jeremy Irons could be a nice Prince.
Marion Cotillard, i totally forgot her!

What about Rachel McAdams or Evangeline Lilly?

lemongrass

Baby Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »

If Prince Albert likes cool South African blondes, he should have gone for Charlize Theron.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »

Charlene actually resembles Charlize Theron...in her GOOD photos!

I used to call Charlene The Poor Man's Charlize Theron, in fact! 
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 09:21:20 AM »

Ash has done plenty of trashy Bollywood films so I wouldn't count her if trashiness isn't allowed.....

I think many of the older actresses from the 50s and 60s would fit the royal mould much better although Bollywood already has a couple of royals. Sharmila Tagore married an Indian "prince" and her son and daughter are both in Bollywood.

When I think of actresses that would have made good royals, I always tend to think of the older ladies like Judi Dench and Julie Andrews.  They are so beautiful, poised, elegant and gracious in looks and manners.  I really don't know much (or anything) about their private lives but they present well.
Odette
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 03:50:12 PM »

Colin Firth could be King, Emperor of everything.  He's have more fun as the head of a princely house or hereditary dukedom.

BaronessLee

Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 10:21:33 PM »

Rules (as I see it)

1-Flawless looks and figure
2-Discreet
3-Intelligent
4-Must be able to attract global audience

Candidates

Natalie Portman may have worked, before her engagement and child. I doubt a divorced American celebrity would work. As well as the fact she is Jewish, and I don't see her converting. But before him:
1 flawless looks? Yes, quite beautiful, stunning body from working out
2. discrete: has shied away from the public spotlight. Missed movie premiers for exams
3. intelligent: BA in psycology from Harvard college, graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jeruselumn. Was a research assistant, was a semifinalist in the Intel star search (top science prize) and has helped publish two papers. Can speak English, French, Japanese, German and Arabic.
4. global attention: she is not only an actress, but is well known for her work with FINCA, and with environmental groups

Angelina Jolie
1. flawless looks: beautiful but not the timeless beauty of Grace
2. discreet: not a word I'd use for her
3. intelligent: she is well spoken, but her education is lacking. She was into drugs, self harm and other issues in her early years, which would also cause issues
4. her work with the UN definitely puts her on the world scene

Charlize Theron
1. flawless: beautiful
2. discreet: you see a lot of her at social functions and more, but doesn't have much scandal behind her. Was in a long term relationship with Townsend
3. intelligent: she doesn't have much academics behind her, not sure if finished high school. Did train with the Joffrey ballet until knee injury ended it
4. global: both actress, and known for her work with PETA and gay and women's rights

What about Aishwarya Rai? She might not be too Hollywood, but is Bollywood, and f*ucking gorgeous. That could have been a nice option for Albert de Monaco...anyway i don't think she would have looked at him twice  Tongue

Thandi claims her mother is a Shona Princess. They are an indigenous group from Zimbabwe.

Oups, well, i just mention her for the looks, i don't have any idea of her filmography...though i did watch Pink Panther 2  Tongue

Jeremy Irons could be a nice Prince.
Marion Cotillard, i totally forgot her!

What about Rachel McAdams or Evangeline Lilly?

Marion Cottilard
1. beauty- definitely
2. discretion- her comments about 9/11 put that into question, but she has been extremely discreet in her personal life, doesn't talk about it
3. intelligence- not certain have heard her speak a lot
4. she might not be as internationally recognizable as some, even with her awards.

Rachel MacAdams
1. beauty- yes
2. discretion- tends to be quite low key, no big scandals
3. intelligence- was not a keen student but in student politics, crime stoppers and peer support. She has a BA in fine arts from York University. Was a competetive figure skater, but turned down a chance at 9 to train for Olympics pairs.
4. well known, is a supporter of green issues, runs a website with friends

Evangeline Lily
1. beauty- yes
2. discretion- she is pretty low key, though known to have a potty mouth. Is divorced though,and has a child out of wedlock
3. intelligence- Has bachelor of arts in international relations from UBC. She is fluent in French as well. She did missionary work in the Philipines.
4. global: recognized for her role in Lost and now as a model,

How about

Julia Stiles
1. perhaps not drop dead gorgeous but quite beautiful, she has played a cinderella figure so she'd be used to it.
2.  she doesn't seem to have had any real scandals
3. has a BA in English from Columbia University.
4. well known. She has done work with such organizations as Habitat for Hummanity and Amnesty International

Kate Beckinsale
1. stunning
2. pretty non scandal, does have a daughter from a former relationship
3. Studied Russian literature and french at Oxford. Is fluent in English, Russian, French,and German.  Two time winner of the WH Smith young writer's competition.
4. globally known. Supporter of several major medical causes, as well as habitat for hummanity
babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 12:05:19 AM »

Hollywood  has never been about grace and virtue and certainly not about class.They may have classic features , but thats where it ends. Sorry   Cool  but i i had too pick it would be Cate Blanchett .
That would be my choice too.
However, I'm pretty sure that a Hollywood actor marrying into a RF would give terrible heart attacks to all people in charge, esspecially the in-laws, the grey men and the government. The press would go all gaga about it and the media interest/intrusion would be impossible to handle IMO.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:49:24 AM by babalux » Logged
Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2014, 03:53:19 AM »

Aubrey Hepburn!
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2014, 07:22:36 PM »

I love Audrey but she  would be actually too classy to be a Royal. Smiley I think Amy Adams would look good.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2014, 07:30:51 PM »

Rules (as I see it)

1-Flawless looks and figure
2-Discreet
3-Intelligent
4-Must be able to attract global audience

Candidates

Jolie: Face  Thumb up, figure No. she has an old lady's body and terrible shape.
2.Discreet? Thinking
3. Intelligent? No Did she even graduate high school? She makes weird comments.
4-Must be able to attract global audience- Yes

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Turquoise for December

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »

Jessica Chastain

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: