Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra - UNICEF  (Read 30851 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:43:10 AM »

In  her role as patron of UNICEF, Alexandra attended the ceremony in which Randers was announced as the UNICEF City 2011. A children's project in Karamoja, northeastern Uganda will be supported with several projects during the year:

21. January.2011

http://unicef.dk/nyheder/...s-er-aarets-unicef-i-2011

Throughout 2011, citizens, business, culture, community life and communal institutions from Randers collect for UNICEF health project in Uganda.

Countess Alexandra visited Randers as patron of UNICEF Denmark to attend the official opening of Randers as Unicef ​​City in 2011. "I have personally seen how great a need there is for helping the kids down there" Randers has set itself the goal of collecting at least 1.4 million dollars to UNICEF health project in the extremely poor region of Karamoja in northeastern Uganda. In his opening speech directed Countess Alexandra a heartfelt thanks to Randers to undertake the task. "I am confident that I can do it in Randers. It is an important task that you take upon you. I've even seen how great a need there is to help the children there. So I will make a difference. Thank you for backing."

It was a proud and hopeful mayor who accepted the task and the title of UNICEF By the 2011th "The whole council agreed that we should accept the challenge, when UNICEF contacted us. But Randers municipality can not do it alone. We invite citizens on the project, you can create a common mission. I think the project will create new communities in Randers, "said Mayor Henning Jensen Nyhuus in his speech.

"I am very pleased to follow collection project in Randers," said UNICEF Executive Secretary Steen M. Andersen.  For the 1.4 million kroner, we could provide immunization and vitamin A supplements to 230,000 children , he said that 61 percent of the population in the northeastern Uganda currently live below the poverty line and that infant mortality in the area is among the highest in the world. "So Randers is to make a difference and can literally help save lives if children get a vaccination." Secretary-General welcomed therefore the Randers has set itself an ambitious target for collection. "For 1.4 million kroner, we could provide immunization and vitamin A supplements to 230,000 children in Karamoja in northeastern Uganda," said Steen M. Andersen.

The highlight of the official opening of the UNICEF City 2011 was the appointment of 30 local ambassadors from the city's cultural, business and associations who have agreed to go in front of the large gathering, which will involve the entire city in the coming year.

Video: http://youtu.be/8D3cm2-MckU

FYI - her first visit to UGANDA was in 1996: In January 1996, a few months after her wedding her first official trip as Princess Alexandra of Denmark lead to Africa. The trip went to Uganda in Africa, although media interest around the wedding reached unprecedented heights, the power of breakthrough on this trip. On this trip, there were some 30 journalists and photographers.
On this trip, there were some 30 journalists and photographers.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:27:52 PM »

Alexandra attending Ballet performance for UNICEF

video clip: http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/video/index/id/45599976/

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 12:38:52 AM »

Some of the world's most talented musicians and dancers were extraordinary agreed to perform for free at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen to be part of a charity event for UNICEF. The team of stars was assembled by Ulrik Birkkjr and Sebastian Kloborg who are soloists of the Royal Ballet. The most expensive tickets for the 1500 crowns also gave access to a 50 meters long, edible garden, and a buffet with exquisite cuisine - including oysters. Both Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte were guests at the show, but none of them walked up the red carpet. The royal sisters would not steal the limelight from one of the other guests. Read the story in RoyalDish Thursday.

- Birthe Kjr

- Nikolaj Hbbe og Birthe Bruun Rasmussen

- Jean Ahlefeldt-Laurvig

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:46:45 AM »

Why does Alex bring her husband to these  offical events, they just look desperate  to look semi royal , both look horrible  Shocked
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 01:05:03 AM »

Why does Alex bring her husband to these  offical events, they just look desperate  to look semi royal , both look horrible  Shocked

...because TB...Gigilo's suit matches her stockings Crazy Crazy

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
joys54

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 02:14:49 AM »

This is, from my impressions of interviews, etc., an intelligent, thinking woman.  Why do those attributes leave her when she looks in the mirror before going out??  Obviously, she likes how she looks but wow...God knows why?? Thinking
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 09:14:49 AM »

...because TB...Gigilo's suit matches her stockings Crazy Crazy

G Smiley

Laughing isn't it awful?
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 12:31:33 PM »

Joint invite?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 11:49:12 PM »

i like her outfit except for the jacket.  perhaps now that she's no longer in the royal family, she's starting to express her individuality.  love the stockings w/ the dress!
Pepa

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »

I can understand now why Unicef has not invited her to the Mary-Frederik-Kate-William meeting...

"The Spanish Royal House is not there to say. The SRF is there to be there." .-Letizia said.

"I am a princess" .- Letizia said

"Do you think this is holydays? I dont." Letizia, summer 2010 in Mallorca.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »

Margrethe was there too. She didn't want to steal the limelight from Alexandra, reports Her og nu, so she went in through a sidedoor and she and Benedikte, who was with her, even brought their own cookies to eat during the show.

Some pictures from the event: http://unicef.dk/gallerie...klasse-til-dancing-unicef
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »

Margrethe was there too. She didn't want to steal the limelight from Alexandra, reports Her og nu, so she went in through a sidedoor and she and Benedikte, who was with her, even brought their own cookies to eat during the show.

Some pictures from the event: http://unicef.dk/gallerie...klasse-til-dancing-unicef

I think Margrethe still loves Alexandra and considers her family. This shows respect on their part.
PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies

Big Member

Norway Norway

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »

Why F&M weren't invited, they're such a 'ambassadors' of the Danish UNICEF  Wink

Just call me PDNETD  Cool

I apologize in advance for my poor English
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »

Why F&M weren't invited, they're such a 'ambassadors' of the Danish UNICEF  Wink
LOL!  Star

It just goes to show how utterly shallow and vapid F&M are. They wouldn't touch UNICEF with a bargepole if William and Kate hadn't been on the scene. Awful.  Dead

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »

Fred & Mary are soooo afraid of anything they think of as work.             Mary just doesn't   SHARE   , certainly not with Alex
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: