Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra - UNICEF  (Read 30849 times)
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »

attending a ballet performance is not exactly what i'd call hard work.
i've noticed that alex kept the same space between her and the little girl than mary usually does.
nice of marge to have left alex the limelight.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 11:58:42 PM »

"Seriously, Alexandra?!  Are you channeling Kim Kardashian??!!  Oh, you are much better that!"

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 01:11:38 AM »

Margrethe was there too. She didn't want to steal the limelight from Alexandra, reports Her og nu, so she went in through a sidedoor and she and Benedikte, who was with her, even brought their own cookies to eat during the show.

Some pictures from the event: http://unicef.dk/gallerie...klasse-til-dancing-unicef

Maria...why did Daisy and Benny need to bring their own cookies...are there no food served at the reception?

tak

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 02:39:38 AM »

Margrethe was there too. She didn't want to steal the limelight from Alexandra, reports Her og nu, so she went in through a sidedoor and she and Benedikte, who was with her, even brought their own cookies to eat during the show.

Some pictures from the event: http://unicef.dk/gallerie...klasse-til-dancing-unicef

I think Margrethe still loves Alexandra and considers her family. This shows respect on their part.

I agree, Barrie Star  I'm not a fan of Margrethe, but I think this was a pretty classy thing to do.  Alex looks terrible and her husband looks like a slimeball. Thumb down
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 07:07:49 AM »

Maria...why did Daisy and Benny need to bring their own cookies...are there no food served at the reception?

tak

G Smiley

I'm more interested to know WHY they brought cookies.  Are they five?  Can't these broads go a few hours without eating?

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »

To me Alex dressed in keeping with how other guests dressed.
I liked the tights and I think it is appropriate that she attended with her husband.  One usually goes to the ballet with a husband or a sister or a good friend.
I hope they had an entertaining evening.
Alex will always have way more class than Kim.
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 11:00:57 PM »

To me Alex dressed in keeping with how other guests dressed.
I liked the tights and I think it is appropriate that she attended with her husband.  One usually goes to the ballet with a husband or a sister or a good friend.
I hope they had an entertaining evening.
Alex will always have way more class than Kim.

Who is Kim?

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 02:09:24 AM »

Alex looks happy for sure.  I loathe the printed tights!! IMO this is a trend best left to teenagers.   
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 03:16:58 AM »

daisy's full of herself.  when she goes to things i don't think people are that enthusiastic around her and i don't see huge crowds either.  what an ego.    why is she now thinking about alex but she wasn't when wills & kate were in town and alex wasn't invited.  she's just so caring and thoughtful. Thumb down
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 04:36:08 PM »

It would seem odd to leave her husband home for an event like this. An evening event at the ballet is where one would normally have a spouse accompany the host, in this case Alexandra.

We can think what we want about this cub (and Lord knows, I do not too think so highly), but the fact that he is married to her is his legitimate admission ticket to this event, IMO. I have no problem with him being there.

I do have a problem with her stockings, but I don't think the rest of the outfit is so bad. I don't think she looks terrible, either, as some people have said. I think she still looks happy, but let's face it. The woman is closer to 50 than she is 40. She is aging extremely well, especially compared to the average Danish woman. I am not far behind her and my circle of friends is definitely showing it's age. If we went out with her, people might think we were friends of her older sister  Confused  Shocked
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 07:38:20 PM »

February 12
Helsingør was friday officially declared UNICEF city by protektor Countess Alexandra

To be UNICEF City means that the businesses, schools, institutions initiates activities to a UNICEF´s project in the third world. This year it is a school project in Zambia. A lot of schools drown in water. UNICEF and local youngsters in Zambia has developed a concept "floating" schools.

Shortly before 13.00pm and with a huge bang the opening celebration started as Helsingør was officiall declared UNICEF City 2012 by UNICEF patroness Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg.

In his opening speech Mayor John Hecht-Nielsen said, that he was proud that UNICEF Denmark had pointed out Helsingør as Unicef ​​City in 2012:
- "We will place great emphasis on the dissemination of information about children's conditions and rights, and it is natural to use UNICEF year 2012 as background to think UNICEF for children, and it can give our children a broader perspective on the world."

The mayor also told that the municipality will support the good idea that it is the local young people in Zambia who are themselves committed to the project with the floating schools. He hoped also that UNICEF year 2012 will bring the whole community even closer together across organizations, businesses, schools and the town's local citizens.

The Secretary General of UNICEF Steen M. Andersen expressed to local newspapers that he was very pleased with what he had seen so far in Helsingør:
- "I am very impressed by the large attendance, who have been here today."
- "It will be interesting to see what is now going to happen here in Helsingør, which has already made a good start."

"When Randers was UNICEF City in 2011, it collected 100,000 Kroner on a single Saturday morning through a big competition with the soap box cars. Unbelievable that these days soap box cars can replace PlayStations and computers to get people involved in such an event."

Steen M. Andersen said afterwards:
- "It all stands or falls with the local enthusiasm, who will maintain it all started and kicking all through the impasse, which inevitably will occur from time to time."
- "After what I've seen today, then I have no doubt that we will be here in Helsingør," said Director Steen M. Andersen's optimistic assessment

more photos here: http://helsingoer.lokalav...p;Ref=PH&Profile=2095

Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 02:33:56 AM »

Where's Mary? With her being so involved with UNICEF and all? DON'T TELL ME, that that just for the benefit of the Cambridges?  Roll Eyes

And  Off topic but the little girl who presented Alex with the flowers is beautiful!

Thanks Peeds!  Star
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 07:05:44 AM »

The woman is closer to 50 than she is 40. She is aging extremely well, especially compared to the average Danish woman MEDIANA [/quote]

apologies for this typo, Dear Thrills Hug 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 02:44:22 PM »

Where's Mary? With her being so involved with UNICEF and all? DON'T TELL ME, that that just for the benefit of the Cambridges?  Roll Eyes

And  Off topic but the little girl who presented Alex with the flowers is beautiful!

Thanks Peeds!  Star

You literally took the words out of my mouth. Will have to Star you again tomorrow.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »

Aww, thanks LS! I just zinged you over on the British Forum, I'll have to send you another one tomorrow!  Beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: