Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra - UNICEF  (Read 30846 times)
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »

He is a handsome boy, Alex top looks too big, jacket too small ,the skirt looks swayde , but then it is Alex. Smiley
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

Alex is starting to look rough.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2012, 12:57:15 AM »

some more photos

Countess Alexandra is rightly proud of her curious and inquisitive son, Prince Felix, who unreservedly tasted UNICEF for children in need. There was no wrinkling his nose or making gagging sounds when 10-year-old Prince Felix bravely drank a glass of contaminated water cleaned with a water purification tablet. In fact, his mother, Countess Alexandra, 48, was so impressed that she also grabbed a glass of muddy water and drank it.

- It actually tastes a lot of water, found the countess and triggered laughter in the tent at Nytorv in Copenhagen, where she worked as patron of UNICEF and together with Prince Felix opened the photo exhibition UNICEF Children's Fight For Survival. And it's not just Prince Felix, who is happy to take the mother to work.

- Prince Nikolai would have been her too, but he sadly has late school. He wanted to skip the last hour, but was Countess Alexandra who told him no.

The very beautiful and poignant photos were taken by award-winning photographer Jan Grarup who has traveled the Central African Republic in Africa with UNICEF. The exhibition also gives examples of other tools which UNICEF uses outside in disaster areas, and while the adults drank coffee and ate cookies, Prince Felix was eager to taste one of the emergency rations with a bold peanut creme, which can keep the starving children alive .

- It tastes good, Prince Felix smiled and took a long spoonful of peanut creme. And after eating almost an entire portion, he was admonished by his mother, who told him to let the rest lie and instead grab a cup of hot cocoa.

As patron of UNICEF has Countess Alexandra traveled in developing countries, and she hopes that she can inspire her sons the same.

- I will not force them into something if they shouldn't feel like it. But we talk about it at home, and charity should start at home, told Countess Alexandra, when she and Prince Felix had seen the exhibition.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2012, 01:18:52 AM »

Oh Alex, that hair.  Thumb down

Good on little Felix thought for participating.  Sweet kid.  Can we send these photos to Waity?  She just got beat by a 10 year old.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »

Oh Alex, that hair.  Thumb down

Good on little Felix thought for participating.  Sweet kid.  Can we send these photos to Waity?  She just got beat by a 10 year old.

I know.  How bad is it that a ten year old has better manners than Waity?  I still couldn't believe when Kate refused the food offered to her.  It was the same peanut creme Felix couldn't get enough of.  I like that Alex is introducing Nikolai and Felix to doing charities.

As for her hair, maybe she's growing out the dyed hair color?  I hope so, that hair color doesn't suit her.  She looks better with darker hair.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »

Would she have gotten any attention without her little boy? I am not so sure. She used to be classy, but  Dead ....
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »

I think Alex would still have gotten press attention even if she didn't bring Felix.  The press would still cover it since it's a UNICEF event and mention her since she made a speech.  It's not like Alex just showed up at the UNICEF event.  She's been a patron of it for years. 
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2012, 07:00:25 AM »

I think Alex would still have gotten press attention even if she didn't bring Felix.  The press would still cover it since it's a UNICEF event and mention her since she made a speech.  It's not like Alex just showed up at the UNICEF event.  She's been a patron of it for years. 

I agree.  Aside from the little aberration with Mary/Frodo and WeeWillyWaity, Alex has been pretty dedicated to UNICEF for years now and speak about it intelligently.

Alex certainly doesn't seem to be a saint but, IMO, she was and is a great representative of Denmark.

Speaking of which, why isn't Mary doing this stuff?

tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 07:21:04 AM »

I agree.  Aside from the little aberration with Mary/Frodo and WeeWillyWaity, Alex has been pretty dedicated to UNICEF for years now and speak about it intelligently.

Alex certainly doesn't seem to be a saint but, IMO, she was and is a great representative of Denmark.

Because that dirty bitch doesn't drink dirty water.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 07:36:04 AM »

Because that dirty bitch doesn't drink dirty water.

Tatty, you're far more polite than I am.   Star

christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »

I don't like Alex's hair now, however IMO she is still a great asset to Denmark, and outshines Mary on every turn. She doesn't dote on the camera either 
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2012, 02:25:47 AM »

I couldn't agree more. Good kid with wonderful manner. And very handsome too.  Thumb up

I like Alex's hair. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »

November 21
Alexandra attended UNICEF children convention's 24th birthday in Billund

There was no red carpet or a small shy girl to hand over a bouquet of flowers to the distinguished guest. Yet, Countess Alexandra attracted many eyes when she arrived at the 'Children's capital' Billund, to help celebrate when 24 years ago UNICEF's Children's Convention was born.

In this context, Alexandra was, who is still the patron of UNICEF in Denmark  the obvious guest.  Along with three other judges should Countess select two winners among 10 classes from 6 to 9 class from Billund Municipality. Students had selected an article each from the CRC , as the disseminated via a stand.

And here did one of the girls from the winning class big impression on Alexandra.

- She was not allowed to play football girl because she had short hair, says Alexandra while she shakes her head and rolls his eyes.

- But luckily she was a strong girl who stood up and said, ' hey, this is not working', continues Alexandra.

For precisely this attitude is Prince Joachim's first wife could not agree more the, but also several other of the Child Convention articles, tell the countess that she has inculcated in her own two boys, 14-year-old Prince Nikolai and the 11-year-old Prince Felix, both of which go on Krebs School.

- You have to be yourself. And really important. You have to help others, and if you see a situation where others who are being bullied, you should not just turn your back. There needs to be community and good friendships. You have to back each other up. And you must show respect for each other, says Alexandra.

She also reveals that even if one is born with a silver spoon in your mouth and your grandmother is the queen of Denmark, the Nikolai and Felix still children who experience both harsh words and violent behavior.

When questioned if Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix ever have experienced bullying among peers, and in school, the Countess replied:

- Of course they seen that someone has been pushed a little harder, or that some have been excluded from anything in school. I always say that it is very important that they stand up for their principles, and that they have done, says Alexandra and confirms that both Nikolai and Felix have helped their friends in defense if they found friends was treated unfairly..

- Yes, she nods eagerly. They are good companions. And they're each others best friends. And something I'm really proud and happy about is that when they are out, they are supporting each other. But things start at home, said the countess.

Alexandra is bursting with pride over her boys. And they often talk about how it goes when the family is gathered around the dinner table, there is still something she as a mother to two pubescent boys. And she finds it easier to talk about her frustration with like-minded parents.

- I also need to pull things out of them. But others who have boys have told me that it was a healthy sign that the boys did not come home and talk so much. For although one should not generalize, mothers of girls are allowed to follow all kinds of things, while boys are more closed up in this regard, recognizes the Countess .

On Sunday, Alexandra participated in DR2 program , 'Sunday Live' to talk about her dedication as patron of UNICEF.

The two sons had in fact sat and watched their mother on television. And when Alexandra came to the villa on Svanemøllevej, her sons with their judgment.

- There they told me that they were very proud that their mother works great for children's welfare. And they thought I had said some sensible things.

- That you can only be proud of, says a happy Alexandra and then adds laconically

- But you do not get a half-hour talk out of them.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:26:31 PM by PeDe » Logged

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »

I think she looks great w/this new, softer hairstyle--it's very flattering Thumb up
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2013, 07:16:27 PM »

and one should also not this -> .....In this context, Alexandra was, who is still the patron of UNICEF in Denmark  the obvious guest.....

did you hear Yrma  Angry

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: