Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra's Patronages  (Read 21501 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2011, 03:01:39 AM »

I posted in a new thread that Alex seems to have a new patronage: Parkinsons. I had forgotten that she had that patronage since 2007, so I checked her website. It is still listed there, but what wasn't listed anymore is her patronage of the "Modern art museum ARKEN". It appearse that this one is scratched off the list.

2001 ARKEN receives its visitor number 1 million: HRH Princess Alexandra becomes ARKEN’s patron. http://www.arken.dk/content/us/about/history

Her last visit was on 25/01/08: Countess Alexandra and Martin Joergesen attended the oppenig of the Museum Arken where Alexandra is patron: http://stef.projectjj.com/20080125/index.html - photo gallerie

In comparison: 

Patronages - as of 04/2007

Arken – Museum of Modern Art
Danish Association of the Blind
Danish Committee for UNICEF
Danish National Girls Choir / DR
Danish Parkinson’s Disease Association
North Sea Oceanarium
Odense Zoo
Randers Rainforest
The Danish Animal Society
The Danish Cristian Daycarecenter
The Danish Infant Death Association
The English-Speaking Union of Denmark
The Swedish Villa Foundation
The Tinderbox – A Community Center for Children 

Patronages - as of 11/2011

Danish Committee for UNICEF
Danish National Girls Choir / DR
Danish Parkinson’s Disease Association
North Sea Oceanarium
Odense Zoo
Randers Rainforest
The Danish Animal Society
The Danish Cristian Daycarecenter
The Danish Infant Death Association
The Swedish Villa Foundation
The Tinderbox – A Community Center for Children

So, I wonder who took it over, if someone in the DRF took over. In light of the UNICEF event it will be interesting to see if certain patronages will be "exchanged" or taken away from her.

Also, interesting to see on the website Daisy and her art mentioned. There is a photo from the making of the Decopage from "Wild Swans" and a hint of an exhibition in 2012. Could the patronage go back to Daisy, or even perhaps be given to Marie?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:53:34 AM »

I have a strong feeling UNICEF may be taken over in the near future.... Whistle

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:15:52 AM »

DELETE, wrong thread
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:17:24 PM by Galuh » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 02:36:50 AM »

Alexandra loses a patronage

DR ensemble boss thank Countess Alexandra for a fine cooperation.

Danish Radio Choir has for 19 years had the pleasure of Countess Alexandra as a patron, but it will now put an end to. It writes BT. DR ensemble manager Kim Bohr said to the newspaper:

- The Countess and girl choir has had a really nice and fine cooperation. And the girls have been really happy for her patronage and care, but patronage is not a lifetime appointment, and we have agreed to explore new avenues.

Over the 19 years, Countess Alexandra has been a patron of the choir, she has traveled with them several times - for instance, she has been on a tour of China.

After 19 years of co-operation Countess Alexandra ends her patroness of DR choruses. According to several experts as BT have spoken with, it is highly unusual for a royal to lose a patronage. And actually, royalty expert Trine Villemann thinks that it can almost be equated with a public firing.

After Countess Alexandra's surprisingly good-bye to girls' choir, as the magazine HERE & NOW be able to report on Wednesday, she has 12 patrons back. But it is not all of them are equally pleased with her ​​efforts.

When Countess began as patron of the Danish Association of the Blind, she was still in vogue as princess and was one of the royal family's most popular members. She always attracted a lot of journalists Association events. But it has become smaller over the years, says Vice President John Heilbrunn to bt.dk.

- We keep about once a year a meeting with her ​​where she is both friendly and attentive. But I will say that she is not someone who takes initiatives. She is not what I would call an active, driving force, says John Heilbrunn.

He wished that they could use the Countess something more in their work.

- She's still our protector, so far as we know. One can say that the systems is such that if you have had a patron, so you can not just swap if you wish. We wanted someone who was as active as Princess Mary, it said.

Conversely, both Randers Rainforest and UNICEF Denmark satisfied with the work done by Countess Alexandra performs as their patron.

- She will be actually here on September 20 with the whole family. We gather in a rainforest in Ecuador, and it helps her to focus on, says Randers Rainforest deputy, Tina de Linde.

Looking at the calendar, it is some time ago, the countess was last swing by the Jutland rainforest. In fact, there were two years left in the calendar, on June 23, 2012, where she inaugurated the park in Denmark Randers Rainforest with her husband, Martin Jørgensen and her sons Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix, said rainforest deputy.

- We are not in touch every other week, but we communicate regularly with her​​, says the deputy, Tina de Linde.

Princess Alexandra opened Randers Rainforest on June 13, 1996 and was, as is the case with the Danish Association of the Blind, a frequent and active guest the first number of years. When she went from princess to Countess the visitors declined, however, strongly now to be with years of breaks in between.

It has taken long since come to terms with the Danish Association of the Blind, says vice-president, John Heilbrunn.

- We have been annoyed that we could make more use of her, but as we are well aware that she is not one that we can pull aside and talk to. She is hard to get, and when you get hold of her, it's not because she immediately ready to jump to, he says.

However, all indications are that the Countess uses significantly more energy and effort into her work as a patron of UNICEF Denmark. Here you can express great satisfaction with the Countess Alexandra.

- We have no plans to stop cooperating. Alexandra is an ongoing asset for us, and she must actually be in the next week at an event. She is also featured in our Bureau, which meets three times a year when she takes part, says Secretary General Steen M. Andersen from UNICEF Denmark.
Closed website

Do yourself Countess Alexandra is not easy for himself in relation to tell the world about its patrons, and how active she is. Her personal website www.frederiksborg.eu she received in 2007, after being banished from the royal family's own, namely closed.

But it would clarify what exactly makes the Countess of work for its protectorates, explains royal family expert, Lars Hovbakke.

- It would be something that could demystify it if there was an opportunity to see what she does for work on her website. It's never good to keep as low a profile as she does, as people begin to suspect that there is something wrong if you do not put things openly, says the assessment.

Fact: Countess Alexandra patronages

Danish Parkinson Association
Danish UNICEF Committee
Animal Foundation
Tinderbox, a cultural center for children
National Association to support the Infant Mortality
Ward, The Daycare
North Sea Oceanarium
Odense Zoo
Randers Rainforest
Swedish Villa Fund

The law on annuities to Countess Alexandra was made after she and Prince Joachim in 2004 were separated. Parliament passed the law, according to most political parties voted for.

Since the law was passed in 2004, the amount was fixed at 1.5 million. kr, which must be adjusted twice a year in line with the wage index for state employees. Since the amount shall be increased to 2.1 mil. kr, which means 600,000 kr. ten years.
The public performance will continue to increase each year - even if Countess Alexandra has less work because of that she is no longer a patron of the same number of associations as before.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 03:21:56 AM »

Whoa....I'm really surprised that she's losing the choir.  I always had the feeling that this was the one patronage she really felt strongly about.  I remember articles where she calls them "my girls". 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 03:57:24 AM »

I thought so too, especially this sentence sounds very ominous:

After 19 years of co-operation Countess Alexandra ends her patroness of DR choruses. According to several experts as BT have spoken with, it is highly unusual for a royal to lose a patronage. And actually, royalty expert Trine Villemann thinks that it can almost be equated with a public firing.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »

It IS very unusual, yes, and it must really sting for her because this patronage was really HER thing. But I'm surprised that she hasn't been easier to work with and it, sadly, supports the feeling that she is more of a socialite/posh lady than someone who is a former, hardworking woman and princess...

I wonder who will get it now. I fear it will be Mosh  Thumb down

dk

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »

Why not Marie? If it depends on M&H, it will be Marie.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 12:38:19 PM »

Marie would suit the choir. But it will look strange if they take the patronage from the ex and give it to the current wife, out with the old in with the new.

Didn't Mary have an event with the choir when it was Alex's patronage? Mary will take it if it will bring more attention to her.

When Countess began as patron of the Danish Association of the Blind, she was still in vogue as princess and was one of the royal family's most popular members. She always attracted a lot of journalists Association events. But it has become smaller over the years, says Vice President John Heilbrunn to bt.dk.

- We keep about once a year a meeting with her ​​where she is both friendly and attentive. But I will say that she is not someone who takes initiatives. She is not what I would call an active, driving force, says John Heilbrunn.

He wished that they could use the Countess something more in their work.
All the royals have pet projects. Mary and Frederik have patronages that they hardly ever pay attention to. They too should speak up like this association has.Of course they won't. Alexandra is an easy target as she is no longer a royal and they don't have to court her favour.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 04:28:35 AM »

How snobby of them!
Only a Princess will do, a Countess isn't good enough? I wonder how any American charities make money then....
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »

I think the logic may be that a princess brings more attention to the patronage than a countess. However, this seems to be coming out of nowhere. I wonder if Alex did something. It kind of sounds like she wasn't as active as they could have wished for (then they shouldn't choose Mary as a substitute) and honestly, it wouldn't be the first time we hear that Alex wasn't exactly easy to work with.

But this must really be an awkward situation for everyone involved. The choir was really her number one thing.

This is a very unusual situation. Makes me wonder what it is they aren't saying...

fan of mary

Micro Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 12:21:24 PM »

I am an Alexfan but I think she was not well advised to agree an apanage, even if it was cut from Joachims.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »

I am not sure I understand the article but I think there is an expectation of the Royal patron to participate as a Board member for these charities (non-for-profits). That means attending meetings, contributing ideas and attending functions. It seems they expected more from Alex to just being a figure head - maybe having her as a marketing ploy wasn't working if she's falling out of favour with the public?
Or it could be something as simple as failure to attend meetings, failure to return calls or maybe she's out of the country more than she's in it?

It doesn't take much to be a royal patron - its what charity work is. These things usually don't end unilaterally or overnight. Maybe they feel they are better off without a patron or have someone else in mind (Mares has a lovely singing voice!)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 08:42:46 PM »

hmmmmm...interesting...one one hand Alex' events are more published now, and more video's are shown by BB.

But then on the other hand you'll have these articles of 'no money for an ex-princess' and 'loosing of patronages' poping up here and there.

Wonder what's going on.

Alex got kicked out of the ark - The museum asked her in a letter to stop the patronage

It was not the Countess Alexandra's good will that she four or five years ago stopped as patron of Arken - Museum of Modern Art.  She was thrown out of the museum's management, in a letter announced her decision that her time as a patron was over. The letter, in Ekstra Bladet's possession, is signed by Ark chairman, Ole Bjørstorp, and museum director Christian Gether.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 09:11:03 PM »

Hmmm, this is developing into a pattern... How strange. But then, she gets no coverage...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: