Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crown prince family winning hearts and minds womens weekly mag  (Read 1243 times)
aussiecro

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2020, 03:08:47 AM »

Hi, royal dishers I thought I would type out the article that women's weekly has created on the crown prince couple so here it is for your enjoyment during covid.

They are the most influential family in Denmark and increasingly crown princess mary is making dynamic and passionate use of her royal platform at home and on the world stage. Juliet Rieden charts how the girl from tassie has become a princess with purpose.

To celebrate the end of their holidays crown princess mary, crown prince Fred and their family sent a special message to the people of Denmark along with a beautiful set of portraits no doubt designed to lift the spirits in these uncertain times. The communication from the crown prince couple was light, breezy, and upbeat. " Another summer went by. All six of us enjoyed it around Denmark and here on the last summer day of the year, we send a late summer greeting.

When covid 19 first hit the family of six was in Switzerland where the royal children were partway through a 12-week school stay at the prestigious Lemania Verbier International school. Mary had paused her royal and extensive humanitarian work so she could accompany the children, while their father went to and from the new family base juggling his official schedule. Fred had spent time studying in France as a teenager so the decision to send his own children outside Denmark was not entirely surprising. "With the school stay, the crown prince couple hopes to give their children experience in an international environment noted the palace statement.

But in March the royal couple decided to cut the children's study short and the whole family returned home. It was a perfectly pitched decision with the royals notably in solidarity with their people. " The crown prince couple finds it more natural to return home and stand together with the Danish people during this time that requires much of everyone and where there is shared responsibility for taking care of each other said a palace spokesperson.

They also had to abandon the previously planned celebration with queen Margareth II visiting southern Jutland to celbrate the centenary of the reunification of Denmark and Jutland. Like so many royal engagements including most of the 80th birthday for the Monarch, the visit has been postponed hopefully to 2021.

Instead, the family first isolated at Fredenborg palace where virtual meetings/forums and events become the order of the day until the country reopened and slowly mary and Fred boosted the national confidence with in-person engagements. Then when summer holidays hit in tune with the rest of the nation the crown prince family opted for a staycation, taking their border collie Grace with them. They went to Grasren Place the official summer residence of the Danish royals and then had a short break in the trendy coastal town of Skagen in the north of Denmark enjoying beach walks/swimming I the decidedly chilly sea and riding bikes.

part 2 is coming soon.
aussiecro

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:31:50 AM »

Part 2 Parenthood

Beyond the privilege of their positions, there is sincere normality to crown princess mary and crown prince Fred's attitude to life and parenthood that contributes considerably to their popularity. The children hang out with regular danish children and with their parents are often seen cycling around Copenhagen or cheering their dad on when he takes part in ironman and running events.

" When we began to talk about raising children, we first and foremost agreed on keeping them very close to us, crown prince Fred told Jens Andersen in the biography under the beam. " To me, it has always been about being with my children as much as possible. That I have done since Christian was born and so on with the next two/three and four siblings  ...... Mary herself is one of four siblings and has grown up in a completely different way than I where they were closer together.

So for her, the thing about starting a family with many children was pretty much business as usual. In the book, Mary revealed that Fred has proved to be a very natural father. He's present/caring/challenging and loving, and he enjoys being a father, he loves to play with the children..... he's also good at sharing from his experiences...... he takes his time with them and ensures that all four of them are seen and heard.

When the royal children turn 18, only Prince Christian second in line to the throne will receive state funding with his siblings expected to build their own careers and earn their own wages. The Danish people love their monarchy but they are pragmatic where the public purse taxpayer financing is involved and are not prepared to support the wider royal family in their adult life. In many ways, this makes it easier for the crown prince's children to take control of their own lives and ensuring they have the life experience and resilience for this at the heart of Mary and Fred's parenting.

chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 08:08:12 AM »

Thank you for posting aussiecro - but wow - what a dose of sugar and rainbows....seriously: Who does believe this crap?
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 11:05:28 AM »

There’s some flowery language to be sure and you can definitely see that this aus mag is sucking up to them.  However, I think basically what they are writing is likely correct.  So I guess you could say I believe this crap.  Obviously, the kids aren’t acting out.  From everything I’ve seen, they get along well and are close.  That’s not the result of bad parenting.  And it does seems like Fred in particular enjoys their company quite a lot so I can see them sharing a lot of athletic endeavors.  Not sure what is INaccurate with the article. 

Mary drives me a little crazy and she has her quirks but raising the kids doesn’t seem to be an area of concern (in my book anyway). 
aussiecro

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 02:25:04 AM »

Part 3 Princess of purpose

For Mary's part, she is both a hands-on mum and a mentor for her children. As an impressive mover and shaker in the world of gender equality/human rights/refugees/mental health/global health and environmentalism, she is clearly marking out values she hopes to pass on to her children. Danes are proud of the varied humanitarian projects their Crown Princess pursues and also the powerful impact on home soil of The Mary Foundation which tackles issues of social isolation/domestic abuse/bullying and loneliness. Indeed, there is no question she has won hearts and minds in the country she now calls home.

" We are getting an extremely qualified queen in the shape of Crown Princess Mary says royal journalist and author Trinne Villemann."She will be worth her weight in gold and already is. When Queen Margegrate II ascended in 1972 only 42 per cent were in favour of keeping the monarchy today the figure is around 82 per cent. While the increased public support is largely a reflection of Margrethe's flawless reign, the addition of Mary to the royal house of Denmark engendered new confidence in Prince Fred and a palpable sense that the future of the monarchy is in good hands.

When you visit Denmark it is obvious that the crown prince couple is role models and with prince Christian turning 15 this month princess isabella 13 and youngest twins prince vincent and princess Josephine now aged nine they are definitely Denmark's most influential family. Part of this fairytale is down to the fact that after 16 years of marriage mary and Fred still look united and seemingly in love as ever. The unlikely coupling of an Australian advertising executive and a danish prince with a party boy history has been captivating to watch.

Both have grown into their roles, learning the job and the public has watched on in awe. They complement each other but are also their own people with separate identities, a key part of their success. "We are an interesting mix him (Fred) and I, because we are very equal in our relationship, in some ways also very traditional, but we leave a lot of room for each other and I accept completely that I'm not in the front row Mary told Jens Andersen. "I will always be his best support in fulfilling our roles and duties. But at the same time, he leaves room for me to work in my own way, and if that creates interest and attention, he happy about it. He's glad to see me succeed and see me gain a solid foothold, both as a person and as a crown princess, he's none the less because of that.

In the past few months, Mary's standing on the global stage has burgeoned, especially with her work with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Five years ago the UN set an agenda
for the world, with 17 goals tackling challenges ranging from sexual violence to forced marriage and gender equality. With 10 years to go, Mary is working hard to implement the goals. She also recently joined the United Nations Population Fund as a member of the newly established High-Level Task Force committed to working with governments around the world in the areas of preventable maternal mortality/sexual and gender-based violence and family planning.

The new High-Level Task Force will bring together representatives from academia/research/civil societies/human rights activists/the private sector/parliamentarians/and youth leaders from around the world.  As a member, the crown princess will continue to advocate for gender equality and support efforts that ensure a world where women and girls have equal rights and equal opportunities to the benefit of all announced the palace.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 04:59:20 AM »

Thanks so much aussiecro !

I must say, though, that my opinion of Mary has been much mollified since Megxit - by comparison.
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 05:46:09 AM »

Agreed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: