Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tudor-Talk  (Read 7913 times)
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »

Before Anne Boleyn's fall from grace, in early September 1535, King Henry VIII and Anne stayed at Wolf Hall in Savernake. This was the home of Sir John Seymour.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 03:45:49 AM »

Elizabeth of York was the First Consort of a new dynasty.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyKkMt9FOzc
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 10:33:38 PM »

Roland de Velville was a son of King Henry VII by a French mistress. Roland was born around 1474. Another spelling of his surname was Vielleville, which indicated that Roland's mother belonged to the de Vielleville family. When Henry VII became King, Roland was knighted. He was Constable of Beaumaris Castle.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 11:36:07 PM »

Anne of Cleves' coronation as queen had been set for February 1540. King Henry VIII called it off without giving a reason.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 11:26:24 PM »

King Henry VII had a trade embargo. This included expelling Flemish merchants from London and forcing the Company of Merchant Adventurers of London to relocate its continental base from Antwerp to Calais.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 01:44:27 AM »

Did King Henry VIII love his last wife Katherine Parr?   
http://www.historyextra.c...-last-wife-katherine-parr   

The article mentioned that Queen Katherine's ladies were targeted for banned books. What did Queen Katherine hide in her book collection?
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 07:25:25 AM »

The article mentioned that Queen Katherine's ladies were targeted for banned books. What did Queen Katherine hide in her book collection?

Based on what I read I think Henry loved only really truely one person: Himself.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »

HI this link sends one to a webside, that seems interesting, however it is private. Does subscription cost anything? Do you know that? Would you alltogether recommend it?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2019, 10:39:02 PM »

On the morning of May 19, 1536, Anne Boleyn's execution, King Henry VIII was at a royal hunt.   
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...-henry-viii-87310872.html
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 02:30:34 AM »

For a husband Queen Mary I settled on Prince Philip, the son of Holy Roman Emperor Charles V. On July 25, 1554, she and Philip were married in Winchester Cathedral. In November 1554, Cardinal Pole officially absolved England of its spiritual errors and welcomed it back into the Catholic fold.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 08:45:56 PM »

Historical accounts (and rumours!) have it that she was absolutely made about Philipp, who was a young, dashing stud of 27 to her middle-aged, toothless 38! Unsurprisingly he wasn't really so much into her.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 01:57:57 AM »

Would it have been possible for Queen Mary I to persuade the nobility and gentry to surrender the monastic lands they had purchased from her father?
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2019, 02:01:51 AM »

Did Henry VIII marry Catherine of Aragon to give him a Spanish alliance against France?
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 08:40:27 PM »

On May 15, 1513, King Henry VIII created Charles Brandon Viscount Lisle, in right of his betrothed wife, Elizabeth Grey. Charles Brandon thus had a noble title.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 10:04:53 PM »

Did Henry VIII marry Catherine of Aragon to give him a Spanish alliance against France?

I've been reading Katherine of Aragorn: The True Queen by Alison Weir - it's a novel from Katherine's point of view, but Weir is a historian so it's far more true to history that Philippa Gregory's staff. It talks a good bit about the alliances and constantly changing politics of the time. Katherine married Arthur originally for this Spanish alliance against the French, and part of the long delay in Katherine marrying Henry had to do with the ever-evolving relationships between the different nations and what marriage would be most advantageous for Henry. It's a long book but I'd definitely recommend it if you want to learn more about Katherine and her life, as well as the time period in general.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: